The online racing simulator
Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
You can import each car scene into separate files.
I`m confused, done all the things file path etc etc at the top then i get this error When i click 'python script, error check script' it shows me this:

EDIT : here is how its setup @ the top
Attached images
Error.jpg
Setup causing error.jpg
Quote from samforey12345 :I`m confused, done all the things file path etc etc at the top then i get this error When i click 'python script, error check script' it shows me this:

EDIT : here is how its setup @ the top

Hi,
You might want to try this tutorial instead, its made by the same person and you don't need to know much.

Thanks BogeyJammer
Cheers, works nice and easy.
Hi! It looks like package with all the cars converted into .blend files host is down :S Could somone put ot onother or same host again?

Those cars in package.. do they have their own textures like tyre patterns, CROMO seat and wheel etc. I managed to import a car with the script quite long a go... I could do it again, but I never had all textures on the car.. just the skin. I was hoping that this file could help me.

If it doesn't have textures it would be gepfull anyway because I dont need to mirror te car etc ( It is upside down or so when i import it) Thnx!
Should-I kill this tutorial ? because people see this one first before the newer better.:tempted:
no i saw both I was confused with the other one because i saw just one car... i saw later that i could chose.

I don't think you should delete this one because you give more freedom in this... I don't know what have you done with materials. For example glass is very strange, and it looks like it's transparency and reflection aren't controlled with standard ray transparency and reflection... and i cant change my background from black. New lamps don't affect objects as they supposed to be.

This new one is cool because you can render faster, but i cant change back some settings. It is great for those who hadn't use blender before. I did... I am still newbie but i know basics like materials, modeling and animation...

There is something i would like to know, and I asked about it in this thread on page4. I would like to make difused reflections. When i turn on reflections i get mirror effect... but I would like to get effect of wet road.. even dry road gives reflections but very blury. How can i accomplish that in blender?
The ideal setting to create wet road should be the Fresnel one inmirror reflection panel, but I've never achieved a correct setup with it because it's too sensitive and effects are not convincing. Play also with specular shaders.

Actually I would like to write a tutorial to render with Indigo but there are some texture placement issues.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :The ideal setting to create wet road should be the Fresnel one inmirror reflection panel, but I've never achieved a correct setup with it because it's too sensitive and effects are not convincing. Play also with specular shaders.

Actually I would like to write a tutorial to render with Indigo but there are some texture placement issues.

I've tried rendering with indigo, its quite hard to understand everything... you need software from Blendigo. It does very powerful renders thoguh. The only problem with your scenes when exported to blendigo is that all the breakdiscs and most of the sidewalls are materialised as "Exit_portal" which is like a light affect I will show you a few of my renders
The renders take very long though

Still though, a tutorial on using indigo would be great!!
Attached images
brakeslight.png
xfr_indigo.png
I like the 1st image. Very stylish and different, although it wasn't intended to
Woho...got an nice error when i move the mouse over the buttons.
Disabling antialiasing in the graphics card drivers should fix that.
Quote from SladiVadi :Disabling antialiasing in the graphics card drivers should fix that.

Thanks, that worked
Quote from RYO. :hello

can somewon please telme where I can find this program to download

Have you actually read the first post in this thread?
Hello.1st tnx for the tut.2nd can anyone explain to me how i can export the fixed car into the LFS??????If anyone have post a replay for that sorry....

P.S. Tnx again for the tut.
Ok I delete this thread, it's clearly obsolete now anyway...
This thread is closed

Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG