Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
oh, ok, here it is
Attached images
blenderthing.JPG
i'm getting the same error :s
and with 2.44 i get the wrong window thing that was posted before :s
and with 2.42 i get the same error as above
kinda works now, i can import, i select all required buttons,and after i press import, nothing happens
or could you upload the .blend files plz any1?
I can't understand what the import problem is exactly, it seems that the script starts to import the .obj file correctly until a certain point but I can't identify it.
yeah it would be quicker and easier to post the blend files, but I don't have web space to do it myself, and there may be some copyright problems.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I can't understand what the import problem is exactly, it seems that the script starts to import the .obj file correctly until a certain point but I can't identify it.
yeah it would be quicker and easier to post the blend files, but I don't have web space to do it myself, and there may be some copyright problems.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/
rar the cars and send the link in pm or so :s
plz
no copyright probs, else the devs would of said no long time ago
OK, converted cars into blend files are downloadable HERE

But they are converted only, no mesh debug, no texture applied, no scene and rendering engine set up :nol2:
Thank you for this tutorial!

I think there are some minor changes depending on which car you want to convert. For example with the UFR I found that some textures don't need to be inverted (x=-1, y=-1) and I just can't get the skin to be right.

This is so easy and fun.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3784900251472249118
thanks for the .blends, but its so hard to locate all the textures on the car =)
this is what i got, now the wheels and such, areas marked in red are problems , how to fix em, but how to do wheels?? plz
Attached images
this.JPG
read the tutorial
its all good now, this is what i have(see attachement), now for the reflection
i cant find how to make it reflect ... even not in ur tutorial(shoot me if its in there), and then some scenes, but theres a thread about it so no probs there
It's true that there's nothing about reflexions in the tutorial, but about material and scene settings, it's better to learn by yourself, make your own experience
Quote from Bogey Jammer :It's true that there's nothing about reflexions in the tutorial, but about material and scene settings, it's better to learn by yourself, make your own experience

the scenes are taken care of, but i cant get any reflection of the car!!
its all non shiny
if any1 has the textured .blend files of the cars, plz post
its really boring to do it myself and its soo hot in my room wich makes it frustrating
You must activate a "Ray miror" button to get reflections, and smartly set the specular shader in the material panel.

I projected to create and release a full set of ready scenes, but it would take me too much time; I don't have enough time for myself..

I know that 3D learning is long and frustrating, but for me it sounds like "learning playing an instrument" or "learning to draw", so it requires time, training and experience until you really can realize everything you imagine.

Blender is extremely versatile, you can't know to use all its features, but to use the ones you need, you should read the manuals, perform the concerned tutorials, and experiment by yourself.

But if you think that the difficulty is too hard, it's would be better to directly ask to render your skin in the adequate topic of this forum, the results are excellent in general.

I've just noticed you are 14, I understand many things about you know (lol the same age as my car ). Note that work can't be given to you each time you ask, even if you feel you don't have time to do the same or want it immediately. One of my favourite word is determination. When I want something, firstly I check if I can do it, and then, I do everything possible to accomplish it. And it works, the only problem know is that I'm always working hard on something, I've not time to play, but it's better to have an active and productive life for the world that an passive and useless life...
edit: wrong thread
Quote from Bogey Jammer :You must activate a "Ray miror" button to get reflections, and smartly set the specular shader in the material panel.

I projected to create and release a full set of ready scenes, but it would take me too much time; I don't have enough time for myself..

I know that 3D learning is long and frustrating, but for me it sounds like "learning playing an instrument" or "learning to draw", so it requires time, training and experience until you really can realize everything you imagine.

Blender is extremely versatile, you can't know to use all its features, but to use the ones you need, you should read the manuals, perform the concerned tutorials, and experiment by yourself.

But if you think that the difficulty is too hard, it's would be better to directly ask to render your skin in the adequate topic of this forum, the results are excellent in general.

I've just noticed you are 14, I understand many things about you know (lol the same age as my car ). Note that work can't be given to you each time you ask, even if you feel you don't have time to do the same or want it immediately. One of my favourite word is determination. When I want something, firstly I check if I can do it, and then, I do everything possible to accomplish it. And it works, the only problem know is that I'm always working hard on something, I've not time to play, but it's better to have an active and productive life for the world that an passive and useless life...

your right
great tutorial
now that i know how to make shiny stuff, it makes me feel like working agian
Quote from Bogey Jammer :OK, converted cars into blend files are downloadable HERE

But they are converted only, no mesh debug, no texture applied, no scene and rendering engine set up :nol2:

HELP, i cant download the files, there is now download button

EDIT: i found it
:mad: Everytime i set everything up and then i go and "render" it i get a message saying "Blender has encountered a problem and has to be shut down" :mad:
Attached images
problemrender.JPG
I got this error when rendering in full HD resolution. It helped to choose some other preset or using a smaller screen size for the HD preset (not 100% but some smaller % button).
This seems to be some video card driver problem. I got it with n Ati X800XL.
ok, thanks for the help but how do i lower the percent? i hope this works
Blender suck mates , use something other
i know it sucks but what else can i use? Everything else costs money! What do you use?
Quote from niall09 :ok, thanks for the help but how do i lower the percent? i hope this works

Look in the second panel in your screen shot.
the bit where it says 100% 75% 50% 25%? i have tried lowering that but the same error comes up
I use 3dsmax 9

and you can have there 30 day trial
This thread is closed

Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG