The online racing simulator
July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mbutcher :I spot a new S/F line in the infield. Did Kyoto 'North' make it to official combo status? Fingers crossed for that.

That was a fun layout in OEC. Hopefully it has a real pitlane (although I loved the T3 pitlane solution Big grin
Quote from Mikus1212 :I dont get the focus on the outside track area...

Immersion. And layout options
Quote from gu3st :That was a fun layout in OEC. Hopefully it has a real pitlane (although I loved the T3 pitlane solution Big grin

That pitlane was epic Big grin but the risk of possible heavy collision between cars exiting pitlane and cars on the racing line was very nightmarish Uhmm
Quote from michal 1279 :That pitlane was epic Big grin but the risk of possible heavy collision between cars exiting pitlane and cars on the racing line was very nightmarish Uhmm

Like the original Korean GP pit exit. Right onto the exit of T1 Big grin
I’m running out of space on my notepad for event ideas with all these screenshots...now to rally the team up when this is all ready for release NodThumbs up
Quote from Flotch :This corner will be a lot different ^^

That one i hate to see go, it's one of the trademark Kyoto corners and being reduced to a simple hairpin is a bad thing imo. Frown

Other than this it looks very positively, keep it up!Thumbs up
Quote from Kid222 :That one i hate to see go, it's one of the trademark Kyoto corners and being reduced to a simple hairpin is a bad thing imo. Frown

Other than this it looks very positively, keep it up!Thumbs up

I've always not liked that corner, it's a really weird one. It's not like i'm bad at it, in fact in the FOX i usually make time there, it's just a weird one. And it's not a simple hairpin because look at the anti-clockwise entry to it, downhill and turning right under breaks.
Quote from Kid222 :That one i hate to see go, it's one of the trademark Kyoto corners and being reduced to a simple hairpin is a bad thing imo. Frown

I do not think it is an 'hairpin' (by this I mean slow). By looking at the two cones present, it may indicate a corner like the last one of the first sector : a two times left this time, and more "downhill" at the same time : punishment for braking late.
If the driver ahead is missing the first left corner you have a chance to pass him before the last "S" section (so before entering in the oval), while with the current configuration the driver ahead is almost unpassable and you have to wait for the oval section.
Experts on Kyoto National may confirm or not.

edit : looks like posting the same kind of comments at the same time Wink
The new KY looks really amazing. Damn, I will miss the old KY once the game switches to the new layout. That damn wave of nostalgia
When blackwood was changed I got really mad but at the end I got used to it and now I like it even more than the old one, samething will happen with the rest of tracks
Still can't believe how amazing Kyoto looks now! You guys did my favorite LFS track justice. I can barely wait!
To be honest, I miss the old So the City Classic and the humped up train tracks. Oh and of course, the window tint.
Quote from dekojester :I’m running out of space on my notepad for event ideas with all these screenshots...now to rally the team up when this is all ready for release NodThumbs up

Na-na
Quote from dekojester :I’m running out of space on my notepad for event ideas with all these screenshots...now to rally the team up when this is all ready for release NodThumbs up

GTws pls
thx
@k_badam, Flotch: Well it's a matter of opinion. For me it is replacing a corner, which i always liked by a type of corner i hate. I get your point and i agree it's not a simple hairpin, but for me it's gone worse there. :| Still, i like the rest from the pics.
I know the frustration of loosing something (Blackwood is good example of many things that has changed), but let's try to see the positive things aswell Smile . In this particular screenshot we can see a cone and a border for what can be a new corner for fast cars (not race ones that will go pedal to the metal) just after the 'hairpin'.
Attached images
hairpin.jpg
That picture reminds me of red bull ring
24 hour timelapse looks fantastic. Does the new lighting engine also handle heavy fog?
Maybe (probably) it was already discussed somewhere before but with the possible coming of new tire physics and day-night cycle, could the on-track conditions in LFS become a little more dynamic?
Right now, everything is static (same air temperature, same wind intensity in the same direction,...) - could be there something as simple as having wind changing the direction and speed in set time intervals (some guys already did it via insim) and air temperatures raise and drop as the day passes (affecting tire temps)? Surely the car should behave differently in the day and in the night.
Let's begin "static" with just the light cycles/tire physics/tracks rebuilt ... Ya right

Quote from Matrixi :24 hour timelapse looks fantastic...

indeed, it is just : impressive Thumbs up
Imagine the videos that can be made ... can't wait. Heart
michal 1279: AFAIK Scawen wants to **simulate** car racing... all of those things you mention belong to the car racing simulator.

So I'm sort of missing the point of questions like this, obviously these things will be added to LFS ASAP, which can mean years of development, depending what is priority and how much development is required.

If your question was "will these be added to next patch", then it's not even confirmed the new tire physics will make it... I hope we don't need to argue about which feature is currently more important.. Big grin
Quote from Ped7g :michal 1279: AFAIK Scawen wants to **simulate** car racing... all of those things you mention belong to the car racing simulator.

So I'm sort of missing the point of questions like this, obviously these things will be added to LFS ASAP, which can mean years of development, depending what is priority and how much development is required.

If your question was "will these be added to next patch", then it's not even confirmed the new tire physics will make it... I hope we don't need to argue about which feature is currently more important.. Big grin

It is a very sensible question to ask and your response is not just irrelevant but seems a little rude by trying to make it irrelevant, it could very well be something that would require too big a change to the current code or something that will be done after the day to night transition or at the very end of a long list, try dumbing down some of the irrelevant questions and post as its quite silly to think you can provide an answer to a question that you really do not have the answer for.
I agree, changing temperatures would be an important factor and add a lot more depth to the day night cycle than just the visuals. I wouldn't expect Scawen to overlook that. It's certainly much easier to add!
Hmm it might not be that easy? Ambient temperature - sure but we also have to take into account different surface temperatures at different places
This thread is closed

July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG