The online racing simulator
July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Eclipsed :In that case I'm waiting for free roundabout oval in bottom of the picture in post above.

Yes! This one if possible Big grin

for sure this damn roundabout not accessible in "x" version is frustating Smile. Everyone would like to drift it since it exists Big grin . Anyway, seeing what Aston, Autocross and Kyoto look like on the screenshots, South City is going to be sexy !!! (I remember having read somewhere that it is Eric’s preferred track)
I hope if South City has functional highway... enabling the chance to floor down for very long time.
Scawen, thanks for status info from Eric

You have nothing interessting from the lighting part to report? Can also "only" be technical. ;-)
or tire's physics, ESP, ... anything Wink
Quote from Scawen :I asked Eric but he doesn't want to show South City screenshots yet.

He's been working on it, changing all the road surfaces and building some ways through that were blocked off before. It's not just the roads but barriers, fences, walls, etc. And many buildings will be updated.

It's a big job but will be worth the wait.

South City is worth waiting for. Go nuts with it Eric! CityDriving has been waiting for this moment for its entire existence!
The racing communities however, did not. These communities have left the project a long time ago now (and I have serious doubts it will ever return).

Quote from Flotch :or tire's physics, ESP, ... anything Wink

Would be nice ... As a start.
Quote from cargame.nl :The racing communities however, did not. These communities have left the project a long time ago now (and I have serious doubts it will ever return).

I think the communities are bit fragmented now there more race sims. But I think LFS can get defo back.
atm I have great fun in Wreckfest while waiting Smile Not really a sim but good enough.
Need to see the background sun set reflect off of all the tall building windows.
Quote from RC-Maus :I think the communities are bit fragmented now there more race sims. But I think LFS can get defo back.
atm I have great fun in Wreckfest while waiting Smile Not really a sim but good enough.

I honestly doubt it. I believe iRacing and rFactor and AC right now are just way too big (mostly in the professional teams) for LFS to make a comeback with just refreshed tracks and slightly improved graphics. Sure there will be a few more people, but it simply can't compete with the huge (real) content other sims have to offer. I'd like to be proven wrong though in a few years when a new patch is out. Smile
Quote from Bose321 :I honestly doubt it. I believe iRacing and rFactor and AC right now are just way too big (mostly in the professional teams) for LFS to make a comeback with just refreshed tracks and slightly improved graphics. Sure there will be a few more people, but it simply can't compete with the huge (real) content other sims have to offer. I'd like to be proven wrong though in a few years when a new patch is out. Smile

Honestly
I played AC but since minorating stopped their work I don't like the game at all anymore.

2e rFactor 2 I have it and think it's only fun when u do leagues I never enjoyed it

last iRacing I will never rent a game and I believe many are like minded.

btw also tried automobilista but all these sims never gave me the fun I had in LFS.

I think the big plusses for LFS are.
good spectating mode easy chat good insims.
ad better graphics + updated interiors and maybe tyre physics and maybe LFS on top again.

And another problem is many guys never heard about lfs and just check steam for games.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :how does it look with clouds ?
will this be end result for the cloud part ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k6k9eMioFw
or is it being worked on to match the immersive feel with the night cycle?

I hope it'll be better than that. I mean, sure, it's better than what we have now - nothing - but it's just a 3D picture moving and rotating across the sky (the clouds/sky).
Quote from RC-Maus :Honestly
I played AC but since minorating stopped their work I don't like the game at all anymore.

2e rFactor 2 I have it and think it's only fun when u do leagues I never enjoyed it

last iRacing I will never rent a game and I believe many are like minded.

btw also tried automobilista but all these sims never gave me the fun I had in LFS.

I think the big plusses for LFS are.
good spectating mode easy chat good insims.
ad better graphics + updated interiors and maybe tyre physics and maybe LFS on top again.

And another problem is many guys never heard about lfs and just check steam for games.

agree with each statement in your post and it pretty much sums everything for me too
Quote from Bose321 :I honestly doubt it. I believe iRacing and rFactor and AC right now are just way too big (mostly in the professional teams) for LFS to make a comeback with just refreshed tracks and slightly improved graphics. Sure there will be a few more people, but it simply can't compete with the huge (real) content other sims have to offer. I'd like to be proven wrong though in a few years when a new patch is out. Smile

You are more than correct on that one.

Storm, you just sound like an old person who is simply not accepting any change in the game industry. It is more important what the majority demands. Clearly, that's what the community wants more (look at iR / AC etc), those games attract people who are willing to pay because there's content and there's always something new.
You just need to burst your bubble and realize that in today's society, these sort of players (mainly iR one's) seek more than just ''hey uh we got a nice spectator mode and chat interface''...

It sums it up for you but the racing community isn't made out of 10 old,retired people, c'mon, get real here!

I think even Nilex has got over the fact that this game is just a dying breed..........3 guys who work on a game can't compete with the staff of iRacing or AC, it is just not possible. Look at the money these guys invest in iR to get the latest tech co-op with what they are putting out. It doesn't MATCH UP the level of effort that goes into here. Get off your high-horse and realize this is just as bad as any other game that had their time to shine but spoiled it in one way or another.

The industry doesn't care what you want, they just want your money. iR is where it goes and they got the supply to keep up with the demand. LFS is just a great hobby for Scawen and Eric but before it gets anywhere near iR level, we will probably be in our retirement houses.
While i agree that the other sims are more superior in graphics and content, i can say with all honesty that assetto corsa's physics is crap compared to any other sim, project cars (both) is graphically better than a.c and LFS and i-racing. LFS is more user friendly in terms of being able to get online and asking people for setups to try vs a.c's messing around of having to either download a .ini setup file or copying from someone that is willing to tell you online each individual setting
Oh hey, it's that bit of the argument again.

That's where I say "Car-feel is priority #1. LFS has the best car-feel. Next!" Thumbs up
Quote from False hope :You are more than correct on that one.

Storm, you just sound like an old person who is simply not accepting any change in the game industry. It is more important what the majority demands. Clearly, that's what the community wants more (look at iR / AC etc), those games attract people who are willing to pay because there's content and there's always something new.
You just need to burst your bubble and realize that in today's society, these sort of players (mainly iR one's) seek more than just ''hey uh we got a nice spectator mode and chat interface''...

It sums it up for you but the racing community isn't made out of 10 old,retired people, c'mon, get real here!

I think even Nilex has got over the fact that this game is just a dying breed..........3 guys who work on a game can't compete with the staff of iRacing or AC, it is just not possible. Look at the money these guys invest in iR to get the latest tech co-op with what they are putting out. It doesn't MATCH UP the level of effort that goes into here. Get off your high-horse and realize this is just as bad as any other game that had their time to shine but spoiled it in one way or another.

The industry doesn't care what you want, they just want your money. iR is where it goes and they got the supply to keep up with the demand. LFS is just a great hobby for Scawen and Eric but before it gets anywhere near iR level, we will probably be in our retirement houses.

Don't bother arguing, you'll get the same answer over and over: "Lfs is the bestest evarest".
I moved to rFactor 2 and having so much fun. Fun that LFS was never able to give me. I've played LFS since I was 13, and it's sad to quit playing it. But at the same time, I've found better alternatives.
Quote from False hope :It sums it up for you

You are MousemanLV aren't you ? Petals

I mostly agree about the actual LFS state, tho the actual situation is not as desperate as you might think.

Of course there is no way for such small game to compete with those who are investing hundreds thousands into this hobby of ours, but in case of LFS the devs could try to cater to those who want cheap and accessible (in term of multiplayer) sim for their quick daily fix, I mean it can appear harsh but a much cheaper game will sell regardless of the difference in complexity versus the competition, now even if they decrease the license price there is still the visibility and platform problem...

But I am sure Scavier hate the idea of revisiting the selling price, it's their choice and I respect that. Smile
Nah, someone who's first language is English I reckon. It doesn't matter, the message is clear although I do not agree that it needs to be on iR/AC level. All it needs here is timed updates, in the past it was like that but it's not happening anymore now due to some tire physics delay of ten years (!). Can release any artificial track what you want and or graphical improvement but it all will not matter in gaining popularity because everyone knows the real problem.
Quote from David 96 :Don't bother arguing, you'll get the same answer over and over: "Lfs is the bestest evarest".
I moved to rFactor 2 and having so much fun. Fun that LFS was never able to give me. I've played LFS since I was 13, and it's sad to quit playing it. But at the same time, I've found better alternatives.

To be fair you have not ever given LFS a chance, i think you wanted a game or simulator that you could be good at which in reality is not always a realistic scenario and takes the realism away from it

Put in some serious practice in LFS and you will be good which would make you more satisfied with the product
Guys, discuss your topics (other sims, what the devs should do differently, and so on) in another threads, please. This thread is - from my point of view - the wrong place for that topics.

If you are dissatisfied with LFS (as is and/or development) anyway, then just drive your favorite sims.

I expect information about the development progress here.
Quote from Pasci :Guys, discuss your topics (other sims, what the devs should do differently, and so on) in another threads, please. This thread is - from my point of view - the wrong place for that topics.

If you are dissatisfied with LFS (as is and/or development) anyway, then just drive your favorite sims.

I expect information about the development progress here.

Another thread should be created when there is something new to announce anyway.

Well we could just shut up like you are suggesting, but discussing LFS and its future is a part of commenting progress reports and by that keeping this forum alive, in a sense this is how we show how much we care for LFS.
Quote from bishtop :To be fair you have not ever given LFS a chance, i think you wanted a game or simulator that you could be good at which in reality is not always a realistic scenario and takes the realism away from it

Put in some serious practice in LFS and you will be good which would make you more satisfied with the product

"I don't have a valid response to what you just said so I'm going to write some nonsense".

I think you missed the part in which I state that I've been playing since I was 13.
Funnily enough you even answered in my topic about getting terrible FFB, where you didn't even care to help me out. LFS has, at least in my case, very poor FFB. And I can tell because I was able to play two other sims. This was the last drop that made me leave. Hell, it's been two months since the last report. If you still like this sim, fair enough, just don't invent such "reasons" on why people leave just because you're a die-hard fan.

On a final note: since a friend of mine got himself a wheel, he asked me on what sim to play. I tried to convince him to get LFS, but as soon as he heard what rF2 had to offer, he bought it right away, full price (unlike me, where I waited for the 50% discount)

I think from this, you can tell the direction LFS userbase is going.
Over the last 6 months I have tried.

PC2
AC
Iracing
RF2

But I still always end up back at LFS the multiplayer is by far the best in my opinion.

If you don't like the game move on don't waste your time here arguing about how good or bad it is.

Just had a quick look at your account in 11 years you have hardy played the game anyway 1409 laps.
Here it is again, straight for the ad hominem, the "you haven't played it enough" card. It's become so predictable it's not even funny anymore.
What can I say, when it comes to criticizing this game, all the fanboys become toxic.
P.S. I spent most of my time in SP, because, guess what? There's mostly demo racing or league racing doesn't fit my schedules. Or perhaps, there's nobody going for the same car-track combo I am.
But looks like here you have to drive 1 trillion laps or you won't have the right to voice your opinion.

Worry not, this is going to be my last post for quite a while, at least until the devs will pick up some pace.

If they ever will
This thread is closed

July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG