The online racing simulator
July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
As always, the whining starts again. No wonder then, if the developer reduces the information on progress. Sooner or later, their statements are considered as being done in stone.

You should know that quality is the top priority for developers. That has its price (duration). In addition, something can happen in the development always something unforseen. In any case, I would also claim that when I publish something, it also has the best possible quality.

Patience is a virtue.
THE WIZARD DK: for me personally the issue with suggesting things in these progress threads are: there is already forum for suggestions, the suggestion was highly likely already posted there (as there was being posted pretty much everything possible in this universe or at least it feels so to me), Scawen is (now I'm guessing, but I'm also SW developer, so I may be not completely off) mostly interested about feedback about things being presented in these threads.

I have no strict rules at what point a subtle nudge turns into "this is too much", as I guess some suggestions directly related to the work presented are actual feedback (and mostly constructive one), but I think at this stage when Scawen is just wetting his fingers with shader/PBR rendering, bringing topic of atmosphere simulation, is kinda distracting.

I would strongly prefer if they managed to finish at least this new shader revamp of all maps, release the patch, and then check on these new options... then again the nigh/day simulation is also unplanned, but did fit very well with the rework of light/shadow engine rewrite.

So in the end the only authority to decide what is too much is Scawen, and I'm pretty sure he likes even too far fetched suggestions more than silence, so you are probably right about posting those. But bear with us, who can get mildly annoyed and worried about possible consequences of such distractions, I really hope we will not have to wait till 2023 for this patch being released. Smile
Can't wait to see Fern Bay, oldest track left with lot's of potential.
I'm scared of prospect of seeing Fern Bay - the track i love the most being savaged and left in past, never to be seen again.

As much as I long for one more race on old Westhill...
I hope that Fern Bay does not have many changes as Westhill had them since it is very difficult to get used to a new track
Quote from PikaTutoriales18 :I hope that Fern Bay does not have many changes as Westhill had them since it is very difficult to get used to a new track

You should't be concerned since you can only drive on Blackwood.
I know that but seeing the images I know that it will always be incredible when I have the license, so I always strive to improve in blackwood to be ready to the other tracks and cars
Fern Bay has looked the same since S1. It needs a massive overhaul. I'm expecting it to look almost completely different.
Quote from CozmicDragon :Fern Bay has looked the same since S1. It needs a massive overhaul. I'm expecting it to look almost completely different.

Agree ! I trust in Eric to do something amazing Thumbs up
I hope they wont destroy the flow of the fern bay layouts.
Quote from Mikus1212 :I hope they wont destroy the flow of the fern bay layouts.

you can't destroy the flow - you can only change it. Change is inevitable. The only way of destroying the flow is deleting the track altogether.
We'll see, soon
The flow of flying tires caused by some turk ramming through the chicane hmm
Nice races u participated in.
Just upgraded to S3 License looking forward to these updates
Seems South City Heart progress report is planned for another month Wave
Maybe I missed something, have Scawen said that we won't get an August Progress Report? We're already in September Frown
he posted the updates will be not monthly, which was originally worded in quite general way IIRC, not just the June one, or which was skipped...

Maybe the September update will happen...
Quote from PikaTutoriales18 :I know that but seeing the images I know that it will always be incredible when I have the license, so I always strive to improve in blackwood to be ready to the other tracks and cars

Nice save Thumbs up
Quote from Racer X NZ :And how exactly is the above not positive ?????

I try to keep my criticism on point and focused. And, as I've been waiting for this physics update for 'a little while' I'm keen to see it released, and hopefully, allow me to actually race this sim on line again.

Just making it look pretty is not going to achieve that.

I am also looking forwards to new tires. They screenshots look fantastic, plenty modern to attract new players, if the new tires deliver the raw feeling of the current tires with better drivability.
@Devs: Perhaps we can expect a new progress report this month? Smile

As already requested several times: Would a video of a newly textured track/layout be possible? We are all curious how it looks in real time (even if the screenshots are impressive). Uhmm
South City, where are you ?

Cool
I asked Eric but he doesn't want to show South City screenshots yet.

He's been working on it, changing all the road surfaces and building some ways through that were blocked off before. It's not just the roads but barriers, fences, walls, etc. And many buildings will be updated.

It's a big job but will be worth the wait.
We are sure it is a big job Big grin . I think everyone that has used shift+U there has a bare idea of what this 2.0 version Eric is preparing may bring more Ya right : like the roads not yet accessible, especially the area in the attached snapshot Heart ...
Attached images
lfs_00000108.jpg
In that case I'm waiting for free roundabout oval in bottom of the picture in post above.
This thread is closed

July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG