The online racing simulator
I would definitely be banned if I typed what I really think about cracked servers and their users.
Look, if Scawen does not like cracked master server, why don't you create your own game and release it for free for everyone?

All problems solved... Scawen can stay closed in his little pit of overpriced game, and you will have free servers for everyone.

Looking forward to try your own game soon... Xmass release maybe?
It is hard to imagine the mindset of someone who cracks a game and comes to the official forum to criticize the developers and community. You would think the cracked communities would try to stay under the radar. Thanks to their mental deficiencies, the next update will be hardened against crackers. I’m just left wondering how long the DDoS attack will last when the crackers feel slighted that they don’t get to enjoy the dev’s hard work.
Quote from Ped7g :Look, if Scawen does not like cracked master server, why don't you create your own game and release it for free for everyone?

All problems solved... Scawen can stay closed in his little pit of overpriced game, and you will have free servers for everyone.

Some things need to be payed and I think LFS isn't over priced.

For me best buy ever payed even some others.
Quote from RC-Maus :Some things need to be payed and I think LFS isn't over priced.

For me best buy ever payed even some others.

Yeah. 36 quid is cheap. To the point where I have paid more and gifted licences to others.
For example i bought wreckfest 2 months ago hosting a server to but all i see on their forum is this http://community.bugbear.fi/index.html

2 months passes and still the same never had that at lfs Wink
Quote from turbotron :why is the author of this rude comment not banned ?
And am sure i can find more of them ! Much more.

You wont stop anything with bashing people... rather the opposite.
Sometimes it seems u just need some hollydays again, Mr Scawen.

But for sure it fun to read. Thanx for that.

I'm just going to take you at face value here in case you really don't understand.

The guy who got banned, it's not because he said something like "cracking isn't really all that bad". It's because, in his first post, he accused me of 'power tripping' and being 'retarded'. And that was using one of the several multiple accounts he has created (another sign of a troll).

Here's the link to his first post: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1944892#post1944892

I'm guessing it's someone from the USA by the choice of insult words in this and subsequent posts. I'm not certain how it is in the USA but over here in England, it's not considered to be polite, reasoned and acceptable speech to use the word 'retarded' really in any context.

It's obviously not power tripping to ban someone who advertises the use of a fake master server. So please, turbotron, if you are a thinking person, take a moment to consider what you are saying.

Any by the way I'm in no need of a holiday, thanks! Work is going well and I'm having a good time doing it. Having fun here in the snow though yesterday and today. Smile
Quote from Scawen :I but over here in England, it's not considered to be polite, reasoned and acceptable speech to use the word 'retarded' really in any context.

however the word moron is totally accepted by the salisbury bureau. good to know, will use this at some release announcement where the sentence "NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS / VW SCIROCCO" is garantued to be included again and again and again. looking forward to it. russia has lots of snow, will send some more, haavvvee ffuunnnnnn
Quote from Scawen :Having fun here in the snow though yesterday and today. Smile

spoiler ? Ya right Big grin
Have fun, here it is raining since yesterday ... and rainy weekend means we will keep the girls inside ... poor house ...
you permaban someone because he accused you of power tripping? HAHAHA ook.. that's not power tripping at all. it wasn't even for you personally but to all the admins here and neither was the 'retarded' sentece directed to anyone specifically so stop being such an oversensitive snowflake.
good luck with your witch-hunt because soon you won't have anyone left to ban.

inb4 another ban
well, i guess u didnt get my point
i didnt write the ban was wrong for the advertising stunt,
now when u ban people/account for being offensive, well, that doesnt look so fair...

Quote from Scawen :This is an insulting way of talking.
[...]
This account of yours was banned because of your insulting and aggressive way of talking.

If you can't see how your posting style is aggressive, rude and unpleasant, you have a lot to learn and you need to become socially adjusted. You would get beaten up if you spoke this way in real life but you think it's OK to talk this way on the internet.

It's rude and unpleasant posting that gets people banned, not disagreeing with the developers.

It seems you apply that rule depending on the wind direction.
Rudeness is very present on this forum, its part of its spirit. When someone is seen not to belong to the 'community', its value, he will get reeducated here. People will teach them lessons, and then go make a skin on a cracked photoshop or 3ds max...

Consistency, is of the essence.
We get a lot of unpleasant posters, scammers, spammers and trolls. More than you probably realise! And we've had to deal with racism, sexism, homophobia and so on. It's a pity that we have to deal with that, when all we are doing is working on a form of entertainment for people to have fun.

Anyway, our job as moderators is to keep this forum a place where you can have civilised discussions. Somewhere that people can come to talk about Live for Speed (and other things, a bit). The unmoderated places on the internet are not really a good place to be.

We try to be consistent, obviously it's not always possible. But the guy who got banned yesterday and couldn't make a post without insulting someone, has 11 accounts. You can probably understand what this means. It's a troll. So we remove that account. Simple as that. Like The-Great who posted above, with one of his 5 accounts. He used to be a good guy but gradually over the years has become nothing more than a troll.

If you want to know if you are a troll or not, try asking yourself this question: "Do I have multiple user accounts on a single site?". If the answer is yes, then most probably you are a troll.
I'd like to point out that this forum is the official forum for a product and therefor moderation policies are not really subject to a democratic process.
The devs provide a service here for more than 10 years and so far the only annoyances have come from a very very small group of people who, as far as I'm concerned, act like little kids with no manners. If you have a problem you can discuss it in a sensible way. If you are not able to do that, please stay away.
This is the internet, there are plenty of places where people can discuss stuff of any kind, but don't blame the moderators (or Scawen in this case) for doing the job as they see fit and have the right to. If you don't agree with them or the policies (which have hardly changed since this forum started), then don't be here. Nobody forces you to use this forum.
Quote from simon1234 :Im not totally against cracked server's it keeps the idiots and crashers away from the racing serversThumbs up

And name those servers LFSLonely at that! Did I Say That?

//

Okay but addressing the comment made by the now banned troll, the ban issued was in reaction to promotion and soliciting of cracked-software on other servers.

We can't tell if you're King of Barbie Land or a cracked user, but if you insist on selflessly promoting your useless stuff then you'll be King of Ban Land.

We're keeping the already small community away from cracked and illegal software and versions of LFS. Like Scawen mentioned before in other threads, if you don't support the game then what makes you think the game will progress? Every entity requires a source of funding and it is only through us that will make LFS a simulator enjoyed by people. Pulling potential users and funders to some free outdated cracked community doesn't help the cause -

And that's essentially why the bans are issued. Fair? No protests? Great, case closed and dismissed.
Quote from three_jump :I'd like to point out that this forum is the official forum for a product and therefor moderation policies are not really subject to a democratic process.
The devs provide a service here for more than 10 years and so far the only annoyances have come from a very very small group of people who, as far as I'm concerned, act like little kids with no manners. If you have a problem you can discuss it in a sensible way. If you are not able to do that, please stay away.
This is the internet, there are plenty of places where people can discuss stuff of any kind, but don't blame the moderators (or Scawen in this case) for doing the job as they see fit and have the right to. If you don't agree with them or the policies (which have hardly changed since this forum started), then don't be here. Nobody forces you to use this forum.

This post hits the nail on the head so to speak. Scawen accepts most things to be discussed aslong as the discussion is in the correct way without people resorting to insults and disrespecting others
To be honest, people were more toxic in generally ten years ago than what we experience today. As a kid and mentally weakling in past, it caused tremendous hits with minor to major damage to mental health.

Now watching this, where topic is just smaller and more detailed... Hmh...It's like people acting to achieve some power.

Similar to those days when people demanded to release tyre physics with cool front wheel drive car - at least back then, some people went mad and caused some toxic atmosphere. Some even, started to make threats, which should not have taking lightly.

When they finally found out that "LFS is dead", other troubles started occur, extracting themselves to something else and another circle is going on.

This one, is exactly same thing, just smaller. People remembers past of this community.
Quote from Ped7g :Look, if Scawen does not like cracked master server, why don't you create your own game and release it for free for everyone?

"his overpriced game" - Some have said this in the past but I have had more than my moneys worth from LFS, some of the best fun and met some great people and still after 124433 laps or 332826 miles i still have plenty to learn and plenty of cars/track combo's to conquer. I have got and tried pcars and assetto corsa and yes they are graphically better but they do not have that special something that LFS has which keeps bringing me back
when even British people can't sense sarcasm ... :/ ... what has the world become.
Our sarcasm sensors have taken a bit of a battering the last couple of years, ped7g :'(
Quote from Racon :Our sarcasm sensors have taken a bit of a battering the last couple of years, ped7g :'(

When real life is more ridiculous than even the most obvious parody, I can't say I blame anyone.
Quote from bobloblaw :the next update will be hardened against crackers.

IMHO you don't know what about you talking. Online unlocker was updated very fast for RO track at LFSP

p.s. i bought the game after the price policy changed to to support devs and don't play now (my stats ugly)
Quote from Ped7g :when even British people can't sense sarcasm ... :/ ... what has the world become.

Where did i comment on you saying it ? If you had read what i had said, then you would of noticed i had taken what you had said regardless of if it was sarcasm or was serious and made a statement about having had others say that in the past. :/
Key Point - All games can be cracked. Uhmm

I just find it interesting that LFS is still felt worthy to be cracked, that is actually quite a compliment to the game.

Advertising cracked version of LFS in licensed servers v2
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG