The online racing simulator
And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
Quote from keiran :From his profile on another website he is only 16.

I don't know how bad insurance in Germany is but here you'll be lucky to find a insurance company that will even look at you. For me to have my own policy for my 1.2 Clio it would cost about £1000-1200, and that's with a year under my belt with no convictions. Not to mention fuel costs, I find it hard to keep the needle above the R at 90.9p a litre and rising every week... And that's getting a bit over 40mpg

Cars depreciate so much, personally I'd rather get the money and shove it in a savings account. At least then your gaining money rather than losing it while it sits there doing nothing...

Nope, it's bad here as well (and I presume in Germany too)... My dad actually had to threaten the insurance agent with killing his contract if I wouldn't get my 50 HP (!) hatchback insured!
Exactly as Keiran said, for me just passed my test and a older 1.2 corsa I was getting rediculous quotes for about £2000 third party, but eventually settled through my mothers name at just under £1000.

I would sell it to, but it seems although this was all a very teamy thing and considering the fact that Nils was so close to winning and doesn't seem to bothered I doubt he's keeping the money to himself.
if i was 17 tommorow its £1,972 for the cheapest policy for a bloody Mini, lord knows what they want for his M6!
Congrats :)
ok.. Firstly.. a big congrats to the winner (lucky sod... When you're done with it send it my way ).

secondly. The M6 does top out just a tad over 500 Bhp. However, It's not just point and go. Once into M Mode, You have to use the I-Drive to go into advanced engine settings, then select the 500 odd BHP option (Dont ask me why but they dont let it do that out the box, you gotta set it up :-\)

oh and thirdly... Don't flame the BMW's... I love my beamers (then again, my driving sucks anyways )... Someone buy me an E30 convertable and make me feel better? hehehehe

Again.. Congrats Danny
the motor is the motor out of the bmw m1 ( which you guys know from its old gt days ) they just adjusted the motor , which peaks out that 501 hp with 52.3 fpt

its got a few slight changes done to it but its the same motor :

see dont mess with a bmw tech geek
Quote from theirishnoob :the motor is the motor out of the bmw m1 ( which you guys know from its old gt days ) they just adjusted the motor , which peaks out that 501 hp with 52.3 fpt

The motor in the M6? I should hope not seeing as the M1 motor is a 3.5l I6 and the M6 has a 5.0l V10.
Quote from theirishnoob :the motor is the motor out of the bmw m1 ( which you guys know from its old gt days ) they just adjusted the motor , which peaks out that 501 hp with 52.3 fpt

LOL, I'd call this selfownage.
I think he means the USA version of the E-24 M635CSI, which did have an M1-engine. They simply called it the M6 in the US of A.

I really hope you're kidding.
Wow note to self, never live in Europe and drive a car. I'd get raped with my 3.1L v6 pushing a mere 150 horsies. I pay a lot less on insurance and I'm only 17. Bummer, guess America is okay for now in my book.
Tell me about it, for me to register a motorcycle, as a new licencee, it would cost less than europeans do to register a car, and motorbikes are far more dangerous than cars, for potential of damage, especially with a new driver.
Quote from sigor1976 :If you asked me, dont sall it, please!!!
If you dont have monay now for driving it, you can look at it in you garage every day (for me it is enough for M6, uhhhh), for few years you will have monay for driving it, it is something you won,

DONT SALL!!!

It surely wouldn't even be the fact if you couldn't afford to drive it now for me. It would be the fact that at least over here, you are responsible for tax, title, and registration if you win a vehicle. Tax on that car would run $6000. Of course, a $6000 loan for a BMW M6 would be just dandy for me . But then again, I just bought the wife a kid hauler. I wouldn't be able to afford even a $6000 loan while holding the loan of the kid hauler, and I don't think I'd want wifey haulin the kids around in a M6. I wouldn't want wifey NEAR my M6 for that matter!

Heck, I would sell the thing, pay off my house, AND buy a nice car for myself. It's sad that there are cars out there worth more than my house....

On the insurance bit, I somewhat feel bad for you guys when I see those insurance figures. I've never paid more than around $900/year for insurance, even when I was 16-18. Then again, unless you post up what you make in your job compared to me, those figures don't mean squat. (please don't post your salary figures, it was only a comment).

Oh yeah, hmm, insurance for a motorcycle? My brother-in-law was accident prone. He is paying $200 or so a month for his bike. Me? A whopping $75 per year
Quote from Infiniti :Wow note to self, never live in Europe and drive a car. I'd get raped with my 3.1L v6 pushing a mere 150 horsies.

and you should be for driving something as silly as that
Congratulations. Very nice! Details on the actual last race somewhere? I must be missing it, right?
I spoke to Husky on IRC and he told me he's selling it :P

Worth £80,000 here in UK so he's doing the right thing for sure !

Well done Husky :P
Gratz Husky!

Quote from Infiniti :Wow note to self, never live in Europe and drive a car. I'd get raped with my 3.1L v6 pushing a mere 150 horsies. I pay a lot less on insurance and I'm only 17. Bummer, guess America is okay for now in my book.

The good thing here in Germany is that we have no global speed limit on the normal street (Autobahn), so he can have some fun with the M6 daily:eclipsee_. But not a perfect first car in my opinion
Normal street autobahn ?
Quote from Lible :Normal street autobahn ?

I think the US equvevalent to "Autobahn" are the interstate highways. With normal streets i mean public streets. My english is not the best
just say Autobahn, ciennon. Everyone on this planet understands it as the paradise of no limit highway in germany And yes, we have a zillion kilometers of it here
Nice necrobump, after 11 years! Maybe read the date before hitting reply, I don't think you'll have much answer now.
actually the guy winning was Danny Engels who now is a manager at G2 e-sports and also helping to run Fernando Alonso's racing team. the funny thing is: lfs is now still the same game it used to be when we were there at the final Big grin

btw: we sold the car and split the money. if 60k € would have been at stake, we'd probably forgotten all our manners
Nice to read you Thumbs up
Cool story, after all these years. Smile
Wow, good stuff!

Was this the biggest LFS-related prize? There was a VWS given out back in the day, too, right? What else have been noteworthy prizes?

A M6!

And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG