The online racing simulator
And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
Quote from axus :Just out of curiosity, did the realism of LFS come up while you were talking to Nick Heidfeld? It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts on it.

He hadnt time to test it, I just told him about it, and he respects it. More interesting was Vettels quote on his rfactor experience in Melbourne:

Quote from S.Vettel :Well, rfactor was kind of....

than his face went a bit and his hands were waving around. He didnt want to say sh*t, but lets say, it was a bit "floaty" :P
#77 - axus
WOW great event!!!

I really don't like those comments that bmw sucks etc. Even if you don't like these cars, keep it for your mind. Posting such things in this topic is just sick jealous bullshit

Add some info please about setups, times (maybe better not...), anything

Even if he can't drive it, he can play with bunch electronics in car in garage.

Wonder if his father is pleasing him to drive a little... "ok daddy, but don't press 'M' button!"
Quote from Vykos69 :well, some more infos and stats on the event:

This first intel racing tour ran for more than a year, with:

- ~ 170 days opened
- ~ 25000 participants.
- ~ 10 finalists, place 2-9 won PCs (different stuff in it)
- ~ Place 1: BMW M6, used, ~worth 60-80k euros. And driven once by Nick Heidfeld

The final was done in a short warmup, a qualifying of 10 minutes and a race of 15 laps (including 2times 2 laps of pacecar, do give spun out guys a chance again). Danny was slow throughout whole warmup and qualifying, nils nailed pole until last minute of Q, then Danny ensured the pole. Through the race, nils wasnt more than 2 secs away from Danny, and simon stange was all the time right behind them, up to last 2laps, when first simon spun out (comment by Nick Heidfeld: "Oooooh, that was close, a shame, now he spun, but he's not in your team, right?" - Me: "No" - N.H.:"Well, then it's not that bad" ) and then Nils attacked with all his skill he could give to get Danny. Out of last corner Danny had enough room and went for the win. Hell break loose and the rest is just a big Hollywoodmovieparty

Anything else? Hmm, the champagne this evening spent was prolly more expensive than the M6, nils ate a glass of beer, we had one hell of a good party and I'm a full time Nick Heidfeld fan now, knowing that he's a racer from head to toe, watched our LFS guys racing with full interest, he even put me to situations: "Watch, now they are side by side". After the first two minutes of talking he fastly realised that we have some kind of idea of what he's doing out there really. All respect to him for also giving Danny the ride of his Life.

Haha awesome!! =) Grats to Danny =) What an amazing win =)

Quote from Vykos69 :He hadnt time to test it, I just told him about it, and he respects it. More interesting was Vettels quote on his rfactor experience in Melbourne:

than his face went a bit and his hands were waving around. He didnt want to say sh*t, but lets say, it was a bit "floaty" :P

Hehe =)
Grats to Husky! Enjoy your ride!

I guess we also have to say thank you to Intel for organizing this and promoting LFS

The only problem I have with this is that Husky is now didn't had the time to train for the OWRL F1 event tonight! Now Stoddart is in Champ Car maybe we can offer a Minardi F1 two-seater ride to motivate the OWRL F1 drivers better
Quote from deggis :YEAH RIGHT

In fact it really isn't my type of car. I'd rather have something older, lighter with less power. By selling it I could also afford the gas bill. Why do I need 500hp in two tons of steel with everything compurized if I can have 180hp in 800 kilos, which would be way more fun
Give me an M6 if you don't believe me, trust me, I will sell it within the first month
I don't like BMW's much either, but if I won one I would be really happy with it! Okay, maybe I'd also sell it after a while, maybe a year, to buy something less expensive to be put on the road, or a car more to my likings. I'd by a Ford Mondeo ST220, way more exclusive, cheaper too, and it's not like it's slow

Yes... I love Ford (the European ones, American ones seem to suck:shrug
Quote from Tweaker :...I think Heidfeld is a great guy, and becoming an outstanding driver in F1 with his recent results.

Alongside Hamilton as well, they are both probably the cooler personalities of F1 for me at the moment, nobody beats their young talent (great future ahead for both of them). And yeah I agree, he is short

Heidfeld is 30 in two weeks.
Congratulations! What a great event!....Just begs the question...when is the UK going to have a similar event? PR for LFS would be enormous, bringing many more racers on-board.
Heidfeld is a damn good driver. One Kimi Räikkönen drove with him at Sauber once and they were quite equal...

At least Heidfeld got more points in 2001

EDIT: congrats husky, remember to not drive slow
Quote from goode400 :Congratulations! What a great event!....Just begs the question...when is the UK going to have a similar event? PR for LFS would be enormous, bringing many more racers on-board.

Germany has a considerably larger player base than the UK according to the stats on LFSW.

To my knowledge Vykos has done a lot for LFS, such as this Intel deal to get the BMW F1 car in the game. There isn't really anyone that springs to mind who has such an active involvement in pushing LFS out there in the UK... Sorry if there is but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.
is there any place where we can download the race?
Someone must have saved the replay, I wanna see the race with my own eyes. The prize is awesome.
Gratz to the Winner...

Just saw this tournament today , lol

And like always ..just saw poor post saying 'i dont like it' 'he cant drive it..nanananana'

Really poor guys

Thx to Vykos for his cool site and the report of the race
Wow, I'm jealous. Congrats!!
he won a 400 hp m6 :O ( it says 500 but if you dyno it it comes up 400-420 depending on the feul you have in the car )
Maybe the folks that put it on the dyno should have pushed the "M" button...
hmmm i work in a garage when its bmws mercs audis nissans all day long , you'd kinda think i know what im saying also

he'll make a nice profit selling it if he dont try to insure it
#96 - axus
theirishnoob, correct me if I'm wrong but from the DP1 thread, you seem to be under the impression that 4WD cars can't drift?

Some dynos under-read, others over-read, ambient temperature makes a big difference, so does altitude. I've heard of BMWs producing 30-50 odd hp more on a dyno than what BMW claims they produce. In short, your measurements could be affected by so many factors that you probably shouldn't say them without evidence of those factors being accounted for and measured as well.

EDIT: Oh by the way, the 507hp said by BMW is at the flywheel, not on the wheels as Jeff just reminded me.
Quote from axus :theirishnoob, correct me if I'm wrong but from the DP1 thread, you seem to be under the impression that 4WD cars can't drift?

Some dynos under-read, others over-read, ambient temperature makes a big difference, so does altitude. I've heard of BMWs producing 30-50 odd hp more on a dyno than what BMW claims they produce. In short, your measurements could be affected by so many factors that you probably shouldn't say them without evidence of those factors being accounted for and measured as well.

EDIT: Oh by the way, the 507hp said by BMW is at the flywheel, not on the wheels as Jeff just reminded me.

400 at the wheels sounds about right for an engine making just over 500 at the crank.
Nice prize. Pity it was only for Germans....
Congratulation!!!

If you asked me, dont sall it, please!!!
If you dont have monay now for driving it, you can look at it in you garage every day (for me it is enough for M6, uhhhh), for few years you will have monay for driving it, it is something you won,

DONT SALL!!!
Quote from sigor1976 :Congratulation!!!

If you asked me, dont sall it, please!!!
If you dont have monay now for driving it, you can look at it in you garage every day (for me it is enough for M6, uhhhh), for few years you will have monay for driving it, it is something you won,

DONT SALL!!!

From his profile on another website he is only 16.

I don't know how bad insurance in Germany is but here you'll be lucky to find a insurance company that will even look at you. For me to have my own policy for my 1.2 Clio it would cost about £1000-1200, and that's with a year under my belt with no convictions. Not to mention fuel costs, I find it hard to keep the needle above the R at 90.9p a litre and rising every week... And that's getting a bit over 40mpg

Cars depreciate so much, personally I'd rather get the money and shove it in a savings account. At least then your gaining money rather than losing it while it sits there doing nothing...

And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG