The online racing simulator
Live for speed on steam maybe? yeah, i know there was a thread like this...
hello there Mr SCAVIER

by chance are you reconsidering to put LFS on STEAM?
Mayor Sim races games such Assetto corsa, Assetto corsa competizione, iRacing, RaceRoom, rFactor2 and a few other simcades are there would be a blast to have LFS on steam

the main reason is that it would be more easy for many of us ( including me ) to buy the game or upgrade the license to S3 also regional prices for country is a thing now and help us ( like me ) to buy / upgrade games since the prices are adjusted for our economy

it would be nice to have LFS over there, gladly pay for a s3 and even some extra slots for skins
i read that LFS is in active-ish development again and steam could help to boost the sales of the game a bit more

thoughts?
#2 - Racon
Quote from Inouva :yeah, i know there was a thread like this...

More than one, all say no. IIRC the reasoning was incompatibilities with LFS's company structure and program structure more than steam taking a cut, but I don't have time to search either Wink
dunno, the cut isn't that much, is 5% ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we are in 2018 and to be left out from mayor selling plataform doesn't seems to be a good idea nowadays

would be nice to see what scavier have to say
Should be on steam tbh... Would sell a lot more enabling them to hire more people and push more updates.

I've tried various sims and if this one was on steam I think it would grab #1 pretty quick.
It's hard to believe that LFS is still not available on Steam. It definitely would make the game a lot more accessible. But the final decision is up to the devs, and who am I to question them, some random Brazilian LFS player? A cruiser no less, from a part of the playerbase that is heavily looked down upon by the community? Yeah. I wish LFS was on Steam, but if the devs don't want it to be on Steam, then there's not much we can do about it.
#6 - ozo
Make demo version free on steam, so that there is no price cut, and people who want to get the full version can still buy it on here. Win/Win. More people on game, more sales, more races.
it would be nice cause LFS multiplayer is dead as ****
I don't really understand this obsession with steam. Are people these days so retarded,that they can't find/install/play games without some big platform?

Quote from TechEdison :Would sell a lot more enabling them to hire more people and push more updates.

I recall devs stating that they don't want to hire more people as they like to work by themselves. Also they obviously are not going for big profits.
Fortnite isn't on steam and look how many play fortnite Wave
Quote from RC-Maus :Fortnite isn't on steam and look how many play fortnite Wave

I wish we had the same marketing budget...

IMO any solution that can boost LFS popularity is welcome, and steam happen to be one of them, there is GOG too the DRM free platform.
Quote from Eclipsed :I don't really understand this obsession with steam. Are people these days so retarded,that they can't find/install/play games without some big platform?

I recall devs stating that they don't want to hire more people as they like to work by themselves. Also they obviously are not going for big profits.

is not and obsession, steam offer more than that, for me it made easy to buy games that like lfs is impossible to do it

the payments for upgrade or buy a license are kinda crap, since i don't own credit card i cant buy shit
with steam i just pick the game select the payment method, go the pagofacil store, give the code and done, new game

also steam can push a bit the popularity, today i visited the MP for lfs and i saw the top servers are only cruise, there is no Race servers like was before, with aston and GTRS or multi class servers with track rotation, no a bunch of demo servers that are even cruise..., LFS is meant to be a racing game not a cruising simulator

if lfs is going to be active in development again it needs more ppl
as i mentioned on my first post, all mayor sim race games are there, why not lfs...
More drivers doesn't necessarily mean that the quality of racing will stay the same... I have many great examples in AC public racing to explain why I don't really praise the idea of having LFS on steam. Every race in AC you have atleast one person who gets fed up being slow and taking the frustration out on others by wrecking, really similar to LFS' demo before registration was mandatory for it.

I've added LFS as a non-steam game to get the overlay on it so I don't need to alt-tab to see steam messages, that and tracking game hours are the only reasons why I see steam would be a good thing, maybe workshop support too, but then again these forums work for file sharing just as well.

Just my 2 cents, but LFS would gain better attention with a league like Intel Extreme Masters, or even the finnish MNK/5laps concept, now since eSports is a thing. F1 and WRC hopped in the eSports train by hosting their own leagues in F1 2018 and WRC7.
And what would they acomplish by putting it on Steam?

Let's be realistic, nobody is going to buy LFS when they see the RB4, FZ50 or FXO GTR.
The graphics would leave a bad taste in their mouth even before they could get a feel of the physics.

But perhaps the upcoming graphics update will hide the cars sharp edges aswell? Uhmm

Edit : And i'm quite sure that people who are in the market for sim racers already know what LFS is.
no wonder why LFS it becomes a cruise simulator
such sad end for such great sim racing game

well, that's all, cya in some years
i will keep buying stuff over steam since is more easy
Exactly this is the kind of attitude that decreases popularity of LFS. Someone comes in forum,demands something,it's not replied by devs,then they say LFS is dead anyway and leaves.
What do you expect? Something happens and servers are full,so you can join? From nothing comes nothing,want something,do something. Someone has to be the first to join the unpopulated server,but noone wants to do it and just complains.
Quote from Eclipsed :Exactly this is the kind of attitude that decreases popularity of LFS. Someone comes in forum,demands something,it's not replied by devs,then they say LFS is dead anyway and leaves.
What do you expect? Something happens and servers are full,so you can join? From nothing comes nothing,want something,do something. Someone has to be the first to join the unpopulated server,but noone wants to do it and just complains.

This.
LFS has so much potential. It could dominate the multiplayer sim racing world if it just had the publicity.
Seeing what is currently developed for LFS, I do not understand why people are willing to have potential new moaners quickly. I understand the dev team willing to focus on what they want LFS to come before being requested to answer hundreds of people why there is not Spa included or whatever Big grin . I do not speak about people requesting refund directly to post bs on the product because the XF GTi is not a real car ^^ .
On a "money money" side, of course Steam will allow a better advertising and so will bring more people (Piboso (GP Bikes, etc ...) was talking about double of users after Steam) and more income, players ... But better to be ready facing newcomer requests as it is more people to handle in the end !
Currently, it is wise to assume that Scawen and Eric are dedicated to bring LFS to very high and nice level, ... and it takes time ! So let's suppose they will keep the classic way for some moments.
But in then end, it will remain their choice !
And because people leaves one by one, eventually almost everyone leaves.

Wish I would find a partner with similar enthusiast as I do, for running a proper server, but that is beyond possibility due plausible different circumstances and points of view.
tbh putting the demo on steam would be the best, give a taste on it on steam, with a much wider potential, and those really interested would buy the game. But if things are bound to stay the same, there'll be only about a hundred people left still playing only because "muh lfs". Hopefully things will go for the best

my 0.02
I am not 100% sure, but I think steam requires a customized version of the game that is setup to work inside their user matching application, this would just be more work for the LFS developers to do, instead of working on new content and tire physics.

I dislike Steam, and the way it installs games, LFS is less intrusive to your computer. They are opposites, and just not a good match. HOWEVER if steam would allow it to be a simple download link to the demo, as it is, in its current form, I can see it maybe working as a way to advertise LFS to more gamers. But do you want more gamers in the LFS community or racers?
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :I am not 100% sure, but I think steam requires a customized version of the game that is setup to work inside their user matching application, this would just be more work for the LFS developers to do, instead of working on new content and tire physics.

I dislike Steam, and the way it installs games, LFS is less intrusive to your computer. They are opposites, and just not a good match. HOWEVER if steam would allow it to be a simple download link to the demo, as it is, in its current form, I can see it maybe working as a way to advertise LFS to more gamers. But do you want more gamers in the LFS community or racers?

Steam doesn't require anything. If you want to implement Steamworks, then you can implement Steamworks (which has their friend features). If you want to implement Steam DRM then you can (but you don't have to). If you wanted to literally distribute the LFS installer (whcih would launch LFS on successive launches) on Steam then you could.

You could include a LFS serial on purchase (for S1/S2/S3) if you wanted. You could have licence purchasing be done on LFS.net as well.

Steam, despite its optional features, are just that.. optional. It costs very little to get your game on Steam as well.
Oh well, reading inouva's posts ... is like a blast from the past.

Hilarious conversations even in Cargame servers.....
The worst thing about LFS is that it's still not released on Steam.
the worst thing for LFS developer is a player who after 15 years has not contributed a penny for them

Live for speed on steam maybe? yeah, i know there was a thread like this...
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG