The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Blackwood
(147 posts, closed, started )
Quote from F.C.Barcelona :let's be honest the graphic update is basically to attract new players because the veterans of place will continue using lfs even with the obsolete graphics..

so that the young guys and potential future licence buyers do not spend their post-holiday saved money on a new title it is crucial to launch the update as soon as possible Tongue

Not gonna lie, even the hype of the update has had me back wanting to race some LFS...
Indeed but there is currently some troubles on this page : many screenshots are not available at my level ^^ , while they were some times ago
edit : and you post things like this, and instantenously it is fixed Uh-hu
Would be cool to finally have LFS being relevant again in the simracing scene
@ Scawen,
Any idea, when you could show us the rest of the updated tracks.
And if there are other updates/fixes aswell beside the graphical update.
For a while, we would like to release a few more pictures each month.

It may be that we show one track in each monthly report.

And sometimes a little more information to go with the pictures.
Sounds good! My eyes are ready.
Quote from Scawen :For a while, we would like to release a few more pictures each month.

Does this mean arround x-mas we have the update? Big grin
(new pictures shown allready BL AS AU WE RO)

SO next FE SO and maybe suprice Omg omg omg
Quote from Scawen :For a while, we would like to release a few more pictures each month.

LFSThumbs up
approoved
would you be kind to share some hints for the next track to be shown ? Ya right
Quote from RC-Maus :Does this mean arround x-mas we have the update? Big grin
(new pictures shown allready BL AS AU WE RO)

SO next FE SO and maybe suprice Omg omg omg

No, the existing shots of AS, AU, WE and RO don't count.

This process is going to be a while yet.
Quote from Scawen :And sometimes a little more information to go with the pictures.

So the work with the shaders isn't done yet ? the result in the pictures isn't final ?
Quote from lfsrm :So the work with the shaders isn't done yet ? the result in the pictures isn't final ?

It was never stated that the screenshots we see are the final versions. That's why it's called a 'Progress Report'! Smile If the work was finished, I'm sure devs wouldn't just sit on the new version Smile
Obviously I'm not just sitting here waiting for Eric to finish the tracks. I'm working very hard every day on all the things that need to be done, and I believe that once a month I might be able to think of one or two interesting things to say, maybe something I thought of or something I've been working on. Smile

I'm just saying, although each progress report will be mainly some pictures of a track, I should hope to add a few words about something else, occasionally. Smile
That sounds great! Thank you! Smile
Quote from Scawen :Obviously I'm not just sitting here waiting for Eric to finish the tracks. I'm working very hard every day on all the things that need to be done, and I believe that once a month I might be able to think of one or two interesting things to say, maybe something I thought of or something I've been working on. Smile

I'm just saying, although each progress report will be mainly some pictures of a track, I should hope to add a few words about something else, occasionally. Smile

Thanks for your work! But can this mean that there is enough time to finish physics and combine new graphics and physics builds in one?
Or will it be a separate update of new graphics and tracks?
time will tell, as for separating physics and graphics ...
But having a global delivery would be awsome ^^
Good luck guys !
NB : hope the rain is planned and implementable in the future Wink . As seeing how beautiful are the sun reflection on Blackwood's roads snapshots, I just dream of the same with rain ^^
-
(sukruYT) DELETED by Scawen : random characters
Cool News!

I hope you also show us some pictures with vehicles (outview) Wink
Sounds good Scawen. Maybe it'll be motivating not only for us reading, but also for you writing Smile. As a side example, I do not play rF2 at all (or very very rarely), but I do enjoy reading their every month report.
Quote from luchian :Sounds good Scawen. Maybe it'll be motivating not only for us reading, but also for you writing Smile. As a side example, I do not play rF2 at all (or very very rarely), but I do enjoy reading their every month report.

I know what you mean, it's always fun to see the behind the scenes stuff, especially when it's solving an issue. It can give the readers a stronger sense of respect to the devs too if they had to solve something tricky.

I'm itching for the next update now lol
I really hope not!
This thread is closed

Graphics Progress Report: Blackwood
(147 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG