The online racing simulator
Hello fellas
I know a lot of you play AC, so maybe someone drove the Porsche GT3 cup 2017 and have some setups or even advices to share? I've recently bought this sim and im starting in league next week, so setups would be helpful. Also how does weather affect setups? do i even have to make any changes?
Would appreciate some help, and if someone is intrested, here's link for that league:
https://www.republicofsimracers.com/

Unfortunately this is polish league, and everything is in polish, even communication on discord. Rules don't say anything about drivers from different countries tho Smile
Quote from sti228 :Hello. I'm pretty sure lot of people who use mouse don't know about this. In this way you can set up mouse in game like a steering wheel. So after this you can use clutch for mouse. Here is files and explanation how to do all this. Hope this will help Smile

P. S. Read Readme.txt file Smile

Throttle = W
Brake = S
Clutch = C
Handbrake = Space
Shift up = Shift
Shift down = Ctrl
Headlights = L
Glance left = Q
Glance right = E
Glance back = B
Change camera = V
Horn = H

Download links:
Assetto Corsa-Mouse Control - Windows 10 by sti228
Assetto Corsa - Mouse control Clutch Ver 3 by sti228

You can find my vJoy basic script on AC forum and elsewhere but most of the time anything related to AC hates everyone that creates something for AC that is too much for common people's brain, such as programming anything, modding, etc. always thinking it's cheating and so they delete it.
With AC making mods and being on AC forum = ban for almost everyone I know that does mods, because Kunos hates modders literally, making insults in PMs as seen here in this thread reported before but also even in public threads, then going and deleting any evidence, no reasons given for forum bans, nothing, they simply kill the modding community when ever they can. Most of the issues I've seen reported for AC by others and me... yeah guess what... first they deny it so that they please their sheeple followers, then next month they start silently rolling out patches to fix the bugs LOL.

The only thing that keeps AC alive is modding as it still lacks even basic features LFS has had for ages now, such as a sensible launcher+game executables, spectating, driver swapping, online web statistics, ...
Yet, Kunos tries it's best to kill modding for AC when they can.

In the PIE, FreePIE, vJoy, PPjoy thread on AC forum you should find my explanation of all the rubbish Kunos did when it comes to native mouse and keys support implemented in AC, it's freakin' unusable thanks to their enforced helpers that you cannot disable anywhere in any GUI or file, it's hardcoded in the executables for mouse+keys input, I also suspect some or similar helpers are hardcoded for xbox/gamepad input, hence why I call AC an Arcade Corsa often because LFS didn't have any of these rubbish helpers enforced, they could be disabled/enabled as desired and able to be detected by servers to kick anyone trying to use them even.

You have to use an external mouse + keys implementation if you want to have any decent driving with mouse and keys in AC, define it as normal wheel+pedals+H-shifter in AC so that all the crappy enforced helpers get disabled, they even force some on if you don't define clutch or H-shifter, you literally have to define it all to get rid of them. I even have handbrake defined as an axis not a button just to be sure there is not some crappy helper hidden. Because once you're doing all the work to get working right you might as well do it all.

Kunos didn't want to remove or allow these hidden helpers to be toggled on/off by users and AC forum fanatics only get royally pissed off when someone shows them the bugs and issues in their favorite Arcade.

There is also probably in this very thread or elsewhere on LFS forum a script from, I believe, Skagen that you can also use as a starting point. Yeah Skagen, here is the file name if you want to search for it: Skagen_LFSv2.py It's also for FreePIE as mine and I used these existing old scripts often made for rF as a learning point to see what I need to define for FreePIE to work.

Best advice I can give to anyone about AC: If you have anything to say about AC that isn't fanatical positive mindless praise, then avoid AC forum as all that will happen is eventually one of the developers or mods will ban you and yes their fanatics and developers also monitor other popular websites related to AC such as RaceDepartment, so beware even elsewhere what you write that could somehow trip off their fanatics.

As much as I like AC for it's modding and some positive differences from LFS, the lack of features, developers/money-grabbing/am-gonna-ban-ya-all-just-because-I-can/god-syndrome and poor community is it's biggest weakness.

You know I haven't spared LFS my criticism either over the years on it's multiple forums, yet never had any issues with the devs or community. AC it's different in that regard.

I'm not too optimistic about ACC, I think it's a money grab so they can keep the machine churning. Which I understand but then why not make something worthwhile. So far it looks as a no modding GT3 only copied AC reskinned with UE graphics and probably an online server ranking, no custom servers I think. Aka $racing made in Italy.
0€ for me - will not buy at all. Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :0€ for me - will not buy at all. Big grin

Thanks for reminding us you are the 1st lfs fanboy around here. Uhmm
ACC may not be attractive at all : kind of redundant on AC on many aspects, and you know you will have to pay again and face most probably to bunches of DLC (if interested) ...
I think I will buy it ... but not so excited, just to see the graphics part and how the handling feels (one car/one track if I read correctly for now)
Quote from lfsrm :Thanks for reminding us you are the 1st lfs fanboy around here. Uhmm

Hey, it's not his fault LFS offers the best racing sim experience physics- and compability wise Big grin
Quote from nikopdr :Hey, it's not his fault LFS offers the best racing sim experience physics- and compability wise Big grin

heh that's why we have around 100 daily active players. Uhmm

I love LFS but let's face it, there is simply better products for every needs out there.
Quote from nikopdr :Hey, it's not his fault LFS offers the best racing sim experience physics- and compability wise Big grin

Careful,not that you also get a fanboy stamp on you! Razz
Quote from lfsrm :there is simply better products for every needs out there.

So which product offers best and easiest server hosting for events and league races? In which one can you alter many settings on the fly without restarting it?
Quote from Eclipsed :best and easiest

It's very relative, and that's your personal opinion not a general rule, league hosters are doing just fine with other sim even if they don't offer the simplicity of LFS but price need to be payed for actual gameplay feature, I guess the more feature you have the more complexe is the server setup.

Every sim out there has something to offer, people are aware of that and that's why LFS is not their sim of choice anymore, maybe it will change in the far future with some big updates.

As for me LFS will never leave my hard driver until it dies, as for every worth simracing title worth my time.
Quit the game just to change car or track?
Quit the game just to change controller bindings?
Quit the game just to change graphics settings?

That's massively annoying when you're used to LFS.
AC 1 HTML interface is pretty annoying, but at least it let us having some freedom with customized launcher mods.

Anyone tested AC Competizione yet ?
Quote from PeterN :Quit the game just to change car or track?
Quit the game just to change controller bindings?

yes, that is crazy ! Total fail on this aspect !
Graphics are quite nice (environment is very eye candy with plenty of mooving stuffs Smile that is pretty nice), but the road surface is looking ... not so great imo... Sounds are pretty nice to hear (like braking even it feels a bit not as natural as RL).
Handling ... I do not know. Some aspects are nice, some are still very disturbing (like you can loose the control of the car and spin it at 15kmph, if you go offroad the car is slowing down gently ...)
50-50 for me ...
addendum : just try the "storm" (heavy heavy rain), it is very fun Big grin Awful to put the pedal to the metal Big grin Very nice !!! Maybe a bit too icy, but fun !
edit : made a test with medium rain : it's very nice ^^ . Storm is full of water and the tires are not going well into water Big grin
I like it, for being EA. Native AC handling (good stuff) + the bling from UE4. Will certainly go through a development phase to improve all aspects during autumn.
Can you stall your car or overheat your clutch?
Will the car start rolling if it's stopped on a slope with no brakes applied?

Both flaws never fixed in AC Frown
I think LFS is the only sim where you can overheat the clutch.
But LFS also has major flaws in tire physics, no sim is perfect.

Quote from PeterN :

They fixed that one Big grin
Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about buying AC Ultimate Edition, which is available for sale on steam atm. Please advise if people are still very active on AC multiplayer, because I wouldn't want to find myself alone with no one to drive with. Will I be disadvantaged for only having the Ultimate Edition (which, I believe has DLC's up to the Ferrari Anniversary release, including the 2004 F1 Ferrari) and the Porsche dream pack?

I usually have some lag on LFS with a ping of about 180 ms, but it's stable at 5mbps. I wouldn't want to be kicked for lagging on AC or to not have fun because of too much lag. I won't be buying anything else beyond the Ultimate Edition. So, I'd like to know if it's worth getting the Ultimate Edition. It will cost me Rupees 2,500+, which isn't that much, but certainly not low enough to spare.

My system spec are as follows:
Lenovo Y510P
Core i7 4702 MQ @ 2.20Ghz - 3.2Ghz
nVidia GT755 SLI
8 GB Ram
Available HD space: 170 GB
Fibernet cable 5mbps with 80GB/month volume

I'll be driving with mouse and keyboard, by the way. If there were no multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it. So, go, or no go?
Quote from hereticlohani :Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about buying AC Ultimate Edition, which is available for sale on steam atm. Please advise if people are still very active on AC multiplayer, because I wouldn't want to find myself alone with no one to drive with. Will I be disadvantaged for only having the Ultimate Edition (which, I believe has DLC's up to the Ferrari Anniversary release, including the 2004 F1 Ferrari) and the Porsche dream pack?

I usually have some lag on LFS with a ping of about 180 ms, but it's stable at 5mbps. I wouldn't want to be kicked for lagging on AC or to not have fun because of too much lag. I won't be buying anything else beyond the Ultimate Edition. So, I'd like to know if it's worth getting the Ultimate Edition. It will cost me Rupees 2,500+, which isn't that much, but certainly not low enough to spare.

My system spec are as follows:
Lenovo Y510P
Core i7 4702 MQ @ 2.20Ghz - 3.2Ghz
nVidia GT755 SLI
8 GB Ram
Available HD space: 170 GB
Fibernet cable 5mbps with 80GB/month volume

I'll be driving with mouse and keyboard, by the way. If there were no multiplayer, I wouldn't buy it. So, go, or no go?

- You will have the ping problem as the majority of the servers are hosted in Europe.
- Yes the multiplayer is still active.
- Your system spec should do ok, between low-mid settings you will get 50-60 fps.
Quote from lfsrm :- You will have the ping problem as the majority of the servers are hosted in Europe.
- Yes the multiplayer is still active.
- Your system spec should do ok, between low-mid settings you will get 50-60 fps.

Thanks for the advice and info, lfsrm. Ping looks like the main deciding factor for me, then.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG