The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Blackwood
(147 posts, closed, started )
Looks good.

-- Also why do emoji's not work :thinking:
Quote from gu3st :Looks good.

-- Also why do emoji's not work :thinking:

They worked in GMail when I got a reply notification Tongue
Quote from mbutcher :They worked in GMail when I got a reply notification Tongue

Weird... It let me post it, but I saw nothing (in Win 10 at least).

I wonder if it's just Windows doing Windows things and failing to use the emoji font.

Edit: Nope.. the forum seems to strip it out before it saves it to the DB... but still emails it out. /shrug
Looks like a 2.0 version of the game.
i'm so happy about this update and i can't wait for more photos of the other tracks, specially South City HeartNa-naOmg omg omgFap

Great job developers! I'm very excited to see more SmileLFSHeart
What is the projected loss of staff? I think my graphics system (HD2000) can't handle it...
Quote from =EL 34= :What is the projected loss of staff? I think my graphics system (HD2000) can't handle it...

The janitor may lose his job but the rest of the jobs should be secure. Upgrading your GPU might let him keep his job. Do the right thing.

Even though I have a decent GPU, I too would be interested in the performance of the new lighting engine.
I'm loving what I'm seeing <3
Scawen then all clues will be updated :O?

Congratulations on the great work and thank you for it Smile
My mistake, Intel Pentium P6200: HD Graphics, Base 500 Mhz, 667 Mhz Turbo
3D Mark 06: 1950
Quote from =EL 34= :My mistake, Intel Pentium P6200: HD Graphics, Base 500 Mhz, 667 Mhz Turbo
3D Mark 06: 1950

Thats not much better Shrug
And I'm glad!!! New graphics, cheers. Wait!
Rather would even a new physics finally " feel."

PS. LFS gives a stable 60 frames (HD 1280x720), but there is no clear sharp drop to 20 frames. The cause could not be identified. Replaced the thermal paste, added an additional copper plate to the cooling system. Not help.
Quote from =EL 34= :And I'm glad!!! New graphics, cheers. Wait!
Rather would even a new physics finally " feel."

PS. LFS gives a stable 60 frames (HD 1280x720), but there is no clear sharp drop to 20 frames. The cause could not be identified. Replaced the thermal paste, added an additional copper plate to the cooling system. Not help.

My fps drops too very noticable and most of the times isnt stable even tho I have decent decent low to mid spec pc(atleast for 2018) so I dont think u can do anything.
Thanks Scavier. It's always great to have an idea of what's coming up and it prevents all sorts of misleading speculations. Much appreciated.
oh my, oh my, oh my god..... hiiiicks....!!!Heartattack!!!
I am Dead Face -> palm

You must spoiler carefully.... some of us are now older... Looney

Picture by Picture.... oder beter Pixel by Pixel.... Ya right

what a difference.... I need a year to find the right compliments Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Thaaank youuuu! Omg omg omg
Quote from RC-Maus :Thats not much better Shrug

It's like mine, mine is + \ - similar too.
But you think you should take it?

Intel P6100 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory 4.00 GB
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
Impressive! @Scawen that's an amazing job on the graphics, finally Aston gets a facelift.

Are you able to hint whether a new track is in the works for the near future?
Also, for the layouts created in Aston sky/Autocross here
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-Nova%27s-really-good-circuit-layouts ,
Will I be able to transfer the track file and placement direct into the new environment? Or will it be another Blackwood situation where the coords will be different?

Anyhow, this graphical overhaul is dfinitely worth an discussion update over at AOR. Looking forward for the responses, as well as taking a spin in the updated tracks
Will the SouthCity and especially FernBay be in the graphics update-refreshment list?

Looks fantastic and very moody, also kudos for updating previously eye scratching Autocross track! Heart LFS
Great work! Excited for the updates to come.
fenbay will be an impressive change I'm impatient

the 3d kerbs looks great but is only for one direction tracks no?
It looks absolutely astonishing! Can't wait! Heart
Looks great! But is the lighting dynamic or pre-baked?

The former would finally allow for day/night cyclesa and dynamic headlights, while the latter has clear performance advantages.
looks great!
any chance for revisit for some of the 3d models of the cars? some of them look extremely outdated.
This thread is closed

Graphics Progress Report: Blackwood
(147 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG