The online racing simulator
LX8 GTR semi-official version 0.5F2
Dear Racers,

I am aware there is still a copy of the old 0.5F version of LFS, that was never released but was leaked in 2005, available on the internet and it's not too hard to find.

The only problem: there was no easy way to unlock it.

In fact there are other problems too... the LX8 GTR is way overpowered, underdeveloped and barely driveable! Big grin But I know there are people around who want to drive it so why not let them have a go?

So I had a look in some old backups on floppy discs and DVDs, started up an old computer that has a floppy disc drive and managed to get it compiling and made a few changes to make it work with new new master server and recent versions of Windows.

I don't recommend it at all but if you really want to try it and you have an S2 license, here it is!
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_ALPHA_0_5F2.exe (90 MB)

DISCLAIMER:

It's a really old, unsupported version of Live for Speed
It was never ready for public use
The LX8 GTR is really not a good car to drive Ya right
It will not be developed or included in future versions
Attached images
LX8_GTR.jpg
LX8_GTR_2.jpg
Amazing, yes, here we go.
#3 - BIzO
Thanks Scawen! Didn't really had the chance to try it out so I'm kinda curious Big grin
I remember playing with that briefly several years ago - it was very lively to say the least Big grin
Quote from Scawen :So I had a look in some old backups on floppy discs and DVDs, started up an old computer that has a floppy disc drive and managed to get it compiling and made a few changes to make it work with new new master server and recent versions of Windows.

Haha Floppy disc's Ya right anyway great job Thumbs up
Had the luck to try it. Its a beast. Spinning the wheels in all gears. Big grin Thanks for the fun, too sad it wont be back into Live For Speed.. Frown
Add dedi server pl0x
LX8 GTR ... interesting, how about a let's say VWS?
Amazing, thanks. This is a lot more fun than I expected. The way you have to feather the throttle, it feels like a 4 wheel superbikeBig grin

Nice to see how the old tracks looked like too, gotta love the retro-futuristic style of the South City breaking marks, aswell as its dodgy pitlane...
That would still be the thing on recent version... for challenge. ( Because there are cars in real life reported to be vastly dangerous and have either cancelled production or remain on prototype. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 being good example )
gggggggggggggggggggg
Holy moly, what a beast Big grin

Maybe a version with a softer engine and better suspensions would be more drivable?
I would have never guessed this would be a thing lmao
just one problem, used all my unlocks for giggles this week so can't actually use the lx8
#17 - BIzO
Quote from racer autov8 :I would have never guessed this would be a thing lmao
just one problem, used all my unlocks for giggles this week so can't actually use the lx8

Just send a message to the devs via the contact form, ask for a key and they will give you one Smile
full fuel = more stable, like, way more
Seems the guys like new/old stuff more Wink
Is there an updater if I already have the 0.5F so I don't have to download the whole thing?

Just kidding, it's lovely that you are so interactive with the community!

E: anyone made a universal set for racing that's better than the default one?
That is awsome Scawen ! Thank you Thumbs up !!!

Quote from Scawen :...
It will not be developed or included in future versions

do not swear, plans are always subject to change Big grin
hahaha never seen such old version. South city with the pits at the other side looked like a bad dream Big grin Big grin Now after this experience I am afraid of going to sleep

ps. even I unlocked S2, it gives me only XFG car :o guess Im doing smthing wrong. edit: oh, i need to click car name instead of car picture
How were you supposed to handle the tire temperature with this thing? I can't even make a lap without Greenpeace attempting to shut down the game Uh-hu Dead banana
now, just fault the MRT8 from lfs screenshots :3

LX8 GTR semi-official version 0.5F2
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG