The online racing simulator
0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
Quote from taipalsaari :I have a G25 and I don't use it because it's crap, but comparing it with a wheel there is difference too.Also you can easily control xrt with throttle only with mouse, I just don't feel like doing it because it looks like a wheel driver aka cutting all corners because they don't know proper technique.just for your reminder fastest line isn't a drift line and I see every wheel driver cut the insides of corners because they don't use left-foot brake.Go look at d1gp precise drifting, they all force the wheel on every corner but don't need to brake alot due to high hp and car modifications non existent in lfs
Regarding my braking so my car does not spin?what? In case you aren't aware braking has two factors one in understeer one in oversteer.given the tyre physics in lfs (they go hot too fast) 65 to 70 percent of braking in xrt while drifting leads to oversteering (which means spinning out, which means gaining more angle) so I don't know how many years of experience you've got but please atleast be real
Ps. You never mentioned anything about my "HOLY SHIT GUYS, VOB MOD CALL 911"

make any sense braking "all way" like you do?

you are the first one, congratulations
Yeah, that's what I thought...
Quote from taipalsaari :Could we possibly learn if there has been tyre changes at all because the quote doesn't say much

As Scawen said, he only took a few lines from the new physics code to implement the larger steering angle. No changes have yet been made to the tyres or suspension that would affect grip in the way you believe.

The only difference I see in your replays is that you let the revs drop off more in the N version than you do in the R version, which would allow more steering control.
Altezza!!
Pity there are no english subs though...
Quote from R@fiXII :Altezza!!
Pity there are no english subs though...

Yeah, unfortunately don't have subtitles.Is enough for what i mean with that ( no foot brake around all corner ), but showing foot brake techniques and how he use still interesting in my opinion Smile
I'm on g29 here, i didn't noticed any changes on the new version of LFS (on 36 degrees) and i don't understand how you've noticed that using only your mouse and not a proper wheel, it's like someone that's blind complaining about what they can't actually see, idk if you get it but anyway, no changes noticed at all...
I'll prove to you when I get back home with lx6
Meanwhile to abone, all I can say is wheel players are really handicapped compared to mouse players.ill also prove to you with mouse you can do all sorts of style including simulating a wheel players driving (only talking about drift) also not understanding basic English doesn't equal other person not giving a proper answer it's literally none of my fault you can't read and write properly
i see no difference i being able to drift either, i am by no means a good drifter but i can't see a difference.
Quote from k_badam :i see no difference i being able to drift either, i am by no means a good drifter but i can't see a difference.

so that means you drift everytime identically
Quote from taipalsaari :I'll prove to you when I get back home with lx6
Meanwhile to abone, all I can say is wheel players are really handicapped compared to mouse players.ill also prove to you with mouse you can do all sorts of style including simulating a wheel players driving (only talking about drift) also not understanding basic English doesn't equal other person not giving a proper answer it's literally none of my fault you can't read and write properly

Before you buy this game i drift a lot with mouse drifters, you think you saying or showing now is new for me?My english is bad but was enough for you make your previous comments..lol
i just talking about first video you post here......
looks like you want prove something to me, when you dont really need it.
Taipalsaari: You have been given several answers to your question, which all agree that you are mistaken in your initial assumption. Even Scawen personally replied to give a definitive answer. Disregarding answers that you don't agree with won't ever make you correct.
imagine how different the physics will be when the physics will actually be changed Uhmm
Scawen said there are no physics changes he didn't say there are no tyre/suspension changes
Quote from taipalsaari :Scawen said there are no physics changes he didn't say there are no tyre/suspension changes

Confused
hmmmmm? check you have exactly same setup
Quote from taipalsaari :Scawen said there are no physics changes he didn't say there are no tyre/suspension changes

Tyre and Suspension fall under 'physics' lmfao

What you are saying is basically; 'The physics haven't changed but he didn't say the the physics haven't changed' (Thanks nick for the idea)

SPR (single play replays and hot laps) are stored as player inputs, not coordinates of car/etc. So if the handling would be only tiny bit different, the hotlap would not replay correctly, as the car would somewhere react tiny bit differently and rest of the lap would be out of sync.

So what Scawen tried to tell you by "replays works" was that there is zero change in everything handling/physics related.

The change you feel is either from graphics/framerate being a bit different on your PC, or placebo, maybe you tricked yourself into believing the new version is behaving differently.
Quote from k_badam :What you are saying is basically; 'The physics haven't changed but he didn't say the the physics haven't changed' (Thanks nick for the idea)

This is a game, not real life.You can change car physics without having to change car suspension or tire properties.(unless they are working with a very limited game engine)Lets not forget its all about 1 and 0 in the computer world.
Face -> palm
Quote from k_badam :Face -> palm

well I dont really know whats with the facepalming..if you dont have a defined by logic answer
and with physics in a game it could mean anything from how Kilograms of car make it behave to what forces are applied when you say turn the steering wheel 40 degrees..
im rendering LX6 video now to try and prove you there is difference which makes you not enjoy drifting at all anymore in LFS

And ill be completely honest drifting LX6 on cold/ mid-hot tires was already a pain in the ass with mouse on LFS but now it's even worse, its really unpredictable and even on wheel (i've tried) its not easy at all on cold tires, literally impossible (only a little easier on hot 120-150 degrees)
FFS Go elsewhere need for speed player, this dude seems to live hie own universe where he can control everythig.. pff
Maybe better forum FOR YOU is need for speed kthxby !
Nah bud I think I just see live for speed as a way more advanced game than most of the people left here.(and tbh the guys who made it really do see it the same way but right now dont have enough time to care about small things because they are invisible for the casual player) You guys are just idk,, i dont wanna talk shit anymore, just gonna up my vid and leave this thread.
bye !

0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG