The online racing simulator
0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
Has there been any car/tyre physics changes done to 0.6R?Because comparing .6N and 6R theres a lot of difference in how cars behave (on 36 degree angle).I know Live for speed is mostly about racing and not drift and I already feel sorry for wasting your time with this, but for some people who enjoy lfs drifting it's a bit of a game-breaker.

The issue:
(It happens on pretty much all the cars you can drift in LFS.) When you start sliding the car there is less control/input from the front tires(especially on transitions) compared to version 0.6N
I made little video trying to compare(both versions same set+same 36dgr angle).Try to focus on the front side(tires) of the car and how the driver is constantly fighting the car(in 0.6R) because there is very little control over it.Meanwhile on 0.6N it's a different story, I also include captions in video.

Sorry if this is wrong place to post, this is really bugging me alot.Thanks for reading
The engine sound is like some kind of a screaming of weird animal Big grin
Isn't it that with current tyre physics the car has too much grip during tyre slide (or rather during transition between grip and slide) and there's no good feeling of when the tyre starts sliding? I think with new physics it will be even more noticeable.
Maybe there's something changed already to prepare is for the new physics blast Smile

All I can notice with new patch is that for some reason I take corners faster on BL2 than on BL1... It's strange Big grin
#3 - BeNoM
Your car sounds like my Autistic nephew when he goes around making random noises Ya right
i think there are some changes in front suspension, it has less negative camber in xrt with same setup then in earlier versions
Yea sorry for the ear raping (thats how I like it Na-na ) xrt sound
@Jedruss the thing this also happens in other cars, most noticably in lx6
#6 - jujek
Scawen say about this propably in test patch he put new code for front suspension from new tyre physics to make 45 degress steering range.
can i get a quote pls
#9 - jujek
Quote from k_badam :can i get a quote pls

Sure but tell me how to get into topic about test patch 0.6Q10 ;D

Quote from Scawen :

It was done for the rear wheel drive cars with macpherson strut suspension on the front, actually using a few lines of code from the new tyre physics version.

It is impossible to have such large steering angles for cars with front wheel drive and double wishbones can also get in the way of steering. So this was the simple and reasonably realistic thing I was able to do quickly.

This is already done for most cars in the new tyre physics system and I think it would be a bad idea to try to implement it in the public version now.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1918518#post1918518
nothing very explicit, but I guess :
Quote from Scawen :...
It was done for the rear wheel drive cars with macpherson strut suspension on the front, actually using a few lines of code from the new tyre physics version.

edit : Wink
ty
There were no changes in the physics of the cars. If any part of the car physics had changed then the old replays would not work. If you download some hotlaps, you will see they all still work as before.
It could also be the increased steering lock, that makes the car feel a little bit different to the previous version Wink
Maybe changing settings may help (ex steering lock)
Quote from niller :It could also be the increased steering lock, that makes the car feel a little bit different to the previous version Wink

If you check the max steering angle in your setup, and if you were already using maximum lock, you'll find that it is still set to the old maximum. You would need to increase it manually for there to be any difference.

In other words; your setups should not have not been affected by the increased steering range.
First thing you have to know driving better, everyone can drift good on this lyt because is to easy and you use brakes because you cant control your car 100%( in 0.6N or 0.6R).36º on xrt works like before,if you put more that 36º feels diferent, you cant control car so much with steering because XRT still with same horse power, so when you get much angle you lost more speed and at the same time you fighting with wheel for stay in line ,same angle, thats why. Smile
If you can't tell I'm using same degrees on both vids I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.I think it's because you as a wheel driver are used to controlling the slide with only you throttle and leaving natural car steer by ffb.im afraid to tell you left foot braking and steer technique is more advanced than what you are doing
All i hear is NOO NO NO NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO NO NO NNOOO NOOOO. Big grin
Sorry but met with elitism I will reply with the same
It is what it is, some like it, some don't. Sorry, but it really sounds funny to me. Big grin
Quote from taipalsaari :If you can't tell I'm using same degrees on both vids I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.I think it's because you as a wheel driver are used to controlling the slide with only you throttle and leaving natural car steer by ffb.im afraid to tell you left foot braking and steer technique is more advanced than what you are doing

"If you can't tell I'm using same degrees on both vids..." you can show me were im saying that?hm.. no here.
your advanced technique looks like my christmas tree with lights Flashing open/close and you dont have any advanced with your way, except braking all time for car do not spin , because you cant do it with throttle... i call it " Fear of Driving ", you know? i dont know what you using for, but looks like you judge me because you dont have steering wheel . if you using keyboard,mouse or both you cant talk about physics, you dont feels nothing on.

Quote from taipalsaari :Sorry but met with elitism I will reply with the same

elitism? I talk about you showing mods on forum? lol

btw MODS allready feels fake if you dont know

PS: I do not trying attack you or saying you are bad,you just have to understand people here have more LFS experience than you and here is no diference using xrt with 36º
I have a G25 and I don't use it because it's crap, but comparing it with a wheel there is difference too.Also you can easily control xrt with throttle only with mouse, I just don't feel like doing it because it looks like a wheel driver aka cutting all corners because they don't know proper technique.just for your reminder fastest line isn't a drift line and I see every wheel driver cut the insides of corners because they don't use left-foot brake.Go look at d1gp precise drifting, they all force the wheel on every corner but don't need to brake alot due to high hp and car modifications non existent in lfs
Regarding my braking so my car does not spin?what? In case you aren't aware braking has two factors one in understeer one in oversteer.given the tyre physics in lfs (they go hot too fast) 65 to 70 percent of braking in xrt while drifting leads to oversteering (which means spinning out, which means gaining more angle) so I don't know how many years of experience you've got but please atleast be real
Ps. You never mentioned anything about my "HOLY SHIT GUYS, VOB MOD CALL 911"
Quote from Scawen :There were no changes in the physics of the cars. If any part of the car physics had changed then the old replays would not work. If you download some hotlaps, you will see they all still work as before.

Could we possibly learn if there has been tyre changes at all because the quote doesn't say much
That version 6R still plays replays from version 6N (except for races on Blackwood) shows that the physics did not change.

(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG