The online racing simulator
Quote from smove :I just wanted to test a quick layout I made around the new Blackwood industrial park and it seems I can't get to start the lap timing because I'm no longer able to set a starting line (the pink one). All I cand find is the yellow line for the finish. Are there possibly any differences to the autocross editor in the new build?

Just in case it's me in error I attached the file – could anybody try adding a starting line here? Thumbs up

The yellow lines are InSim objects, intended to be used by an InSim app. For normal layouts, press F for finish line or 1,2,3 for checkpoints.
You are my hero, thank you!
I've grown to avoid the willy kerbs completely now. Its much much more realistic and closer to a sim-race style now that you don't bunny hop/cut every corner. Also a great reference to whether you've nailed an apex or not.

The feeling of clipping the kerb and missing the willy kerb at the penultimate corner is so satisfying, as well as positioning the car for the turn 6-7 esses. Just feels right now.
Although I still have retarded moments where I clatter over a willy kerb and go all messy. Period.
Quote from MicroSpecV :I've grown to avoid the willy kerbs completely now. Its much much more realistic and closer to a sim-race style now that you don't bunny hop/cut every corner. Also a great reference to whether you've nailed an apex or not.

The feeling of clipping the kerb and missing the willy kerb at the penultimate corner is so satisfying, as well as positioning the car for the turn 6-7 esses. Just feels right now.
Although I still have retarded moments where I clatter over a willy kerb and go all messy. Period.

Well, I have honestly very rarely to never seen people in real life goes 140-180km/h and does exactly that you mentioned. Big grin More possible they put 2 wheels on kerb, but very rarely 4 and does the jump.

( very rarely means that if you include all races in world, mix them together and pick those junky jumpy jumper shumpers, you get mentioned result Big grin, which still feels it is common, HAH )

EDIT: But in lfs, MAN it is fun to go on air and land on 2wheels and race while you a... I go to racing on FZ50 with r... I mean I go to make layouts ->
Btw: i would love to have these kerbs as layout objects Nod
Will you open more input data for PostEffect shader?
Scawen, you know what would be really great!? If we could have a chance to change our username, not constantly, JUST ONCE, that would be really awesome. I know a lot of guys dont have a problem with it, or doesnt even care, but there are some who would like to have this kind of opportunity. Or that aint possible?

And ... why not increase the steering angle also to RAC, LX6, LX4 (also used for drifitng) and even RB4, FXO, basiclly for all road cars, people can choose whether they want/need more stering angle or not.
Quote from Eri9k1 :Will you open more input data for PostEffect shader?

That would be nice. Depth buffer and camera velocity vector would be quick to add and would allow more complex effects. However, we are really limited by the PS 2.0 max instructions limit, so it would need multi-pass post-process (add 2 or 3 passes functions). Don't know if Scawen got time for that though.
Quote from BADLVBOY :Scawen, you know what would be really great!? If we could have a chance to change our username, not constantly, JUST ONCE, that would be really awesome. I know a lot of guys dont have a problem with it, or doesnt even care, but there are some who would like to have this kind of opportunity. Or that aint possible?

And ... why not increase the steering angle also to RAC, LX6, LX4 (also used for drifitng) and even RB4, FXO, basiclly for all road cars, people can choose whether they want/need more stering angle or not.

Well... i'd like to see the username change thing(maybe once a year?)... due to obvious reasons... Big grin

ON-Topic: Great update on Blackwood! Let's hope it will become perfect for official release Tongue
Kerb Physics Test

Hi, I have attached an LFS.exe (Q13) which has a slightly differebt reaction on the kerb objects. The idea is to provide all the same bumps but avoid the large sideways forces that can unsettle the car more badly than in reality.

Please can you try it and see if it's safer on the kerbs?

NOTE : This is not intended to make kerb driving a lovely experience! It is an attempt to avoid some unrealistic actions, possibly leading to unexpected spins, particularly when your wheel goes over the top of the kerb and hits the steep edge of it.

0.6Q12 MUST ALREADY BE INSTALLED!
Attached files
LFS_Q13_EXE.zip - 961.7 KB - 456 views
Quote from BADLVBOY :And ... why not increase the steering angle also to RAC, LX6, LX4 (also used for drifitng) and even RB4, FXO, basiclly for all road cars, people can choose whether they want/need more stering angle or not.

Then I think the steering lock of the road cars should be increased from 720° to 900° or even 1080°, which should be closer to real life road cars. But that would require new driver hands animations, although I think the VWS has 900°, so pehaps the animation from there could be used? 45° at 720° sounds a bit too sensitive already.
Quote from Scawen :Kerb Physics Test

Hi, I have attached an LFS.exe (Q13) which has a slightly differebt reaction on the kerb objects. The idea is to provide all the same bumps but avoid the large sideways forces that can unsettle the car more badly than in reality.

NOTE : This is not intended to make kerb driving a lovely experience! It is an attempt to avoid some unrealistic actions, possibly leading to unexpected spins, particularly when your wheel goes over the top of the kerb and hits the steep edge of it.

Top man! Yes, you heard me (us?)!
Going on the exit kerbs was a 50-50 deathwish. Violent snap oversteer from the abrupt step from kerb to astro was a handful. Hope it's better now! Will test later when I return from trip.

Cheers!
Quote from Xenix74 :Btw: i would love to have these kerbs as layout objects Nod

Good idea but we are trying to release this update tomorrow if at all possible. We don't want to divide the community online in two for any longer than necessary, at a time like this when there already aren't enough people racing online. And we want to get back to some other work.

Quote from Eri9k1 :Will you open more input data for PostEffect shader?

Not now as for the same reasons, this update is all about releasing the new Blackwood and my head is really scrambled from several weeks of hard work.

Quote from BADLVBOY :And ... why not increase the steering angle also to RAC, LX6, LX4 (also used for drifitng) and even RB4, FXO, basiclly for all road cars, people can choose whether they want/need more stering angle or not.

It was done for the rear wheel drive cars with macpherson strut suspension on the front, actually using a few lines of code from the new tyre physics version.

It is impossible to have such large steering angles for cars with front wheel drive and double wishbones can also get in the way of steering. So this was the simple and reasonably realistic thing I was able to do quickly.

Quote from Flame CZE :Then I think the steering lock of the road cars should be increased from 720° to 900° or even 1080°, which should be closer to real life road cars. But that would require new driver hands animations, although I think the VWS has 900°, so pehaps the animation from there could be used? 45° at 720° sounds a bit too sensitive already.

This is already done for most cars in the new tyre physics system and I think it would be a bad idea to try to implement it in the public version now.

Really there is nothing more I want to do than get this update out there and get back to the tyre physics. Then we'll finally be able to release the Scirocco, the holy grail of sim racing! Big grin
Hey Scawen since people make new topic about XRT but in drift version i have idea becouse we arleady have XRT drift version but is hard to drift with 25 steering range and slick tires. I'm sure is for You only change some numbers to change steering range and allow road normal tires this car almost have everything what people want in topic about XRDrift car so it will be very cool when You will do this since You or other Developer make even DRIFT skin for this car. This is a lot faster way to make better drift car than modeling other car and ading it in LFS. Please think about that i'm sure everyone will agree with me about having more steering range and normal tires in this car becouse we everyone know's that You can't make new car in this stage of developend. This will bring even more life to LFS like 45 steering range in XRT XRG and FZ5 do.

Also think about increase wirtual steering wheel rotation becouse is weird when You have 45 steering range and wheel in LFS do only 720 degress or give an option to chose from 720 to 900 degress.
Attached images
lfs_00000007.jpg
Quote from Scawen :...Then we'll finally be able to release the Scirocco, the holy grail of sim racing! Big grin

Amen Hug
I will have a look to Q13 tonight Petals
Quote from jujek :Hey Scawen since people make new topic about XRT but in drift version i have idea becouse we arleady have XRT drift version but is hard to drift with 25 steering range and slick tires. I'm sure is for You only change some numbers to change steering range and allow road normal tires this car almost have everything what people want in topic about XRDrift car so it will be very cool when You will do this since You or other Developer make even DRIFT skin for this car. This is a lot faster way to make better drift car than modeling other car and ading it in LFS. Please think about that i'm sure everyone will agree with me about having more steering range and normal tires in this car becouse we everyone know's that You can't make new car in this stage of developend. This will bring even more life to LFS like 45 steering range in XRT XRG and FZ5 do.

Also think about increase wirtual steering wheel rotation becouse is weird when You have 45 steering range and wheel in LFS do only 720 degress or give an option to chose from 720 to 900 degress.

It is stated before, altough indirectly; more content will plausibly come once tire physics are ready.

In my opinion I do not like to see GTR cars being modificated, I rather see whole new cars with drift specs.
But in second thinking, those cars already are not directly based on any GTR - GT era as real world... so... dunno though.

But, 493 bhp RB4 GTR with sexy outfit, 7-speed transmission, high-rev engine.... YAIKS!
Quote from Scawen :Kerb Physics Test

Just tested it with FOX and it feels much better now! Does this only affect the new Blackwood kerbs or those kerbs on all tracks?
Quote from Scawen :
Really there is nothing more I want to do than get this update out there and get back to the tyre physics. Then we'll finally be able to release the Scirocco, the holy grail of sim racing! Big grin

So, new version (06R) has scirocco ? If has, i will in the shortest time buy a S3 licence, i used 2 years my friend S1 account Big grin. By the way you have any plans for Turkish translations?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :It is stated before, altough indirectly; more content will plausibly come once tire physics are ready.

In my opinion I do not like to see GTR cars being modificated, I rather see whole new cars with drift specs.
But in second thinking, those cars already are not directly based on any GTR - GT era as real world... so... dunno though

Yes i know this but is better having option to drift this car than waiting long time for new car.
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :So, new version (06R) has scirocco ? If has, i will in the shortest time buy a S3 licence, i used 2 years my friend S1 account Big grin.

No, that will come after the new tyre physics.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But, 493 bhp RB4 GTR with sexy outfit, 7-speed transmission, high-rev engine.... YAIKS!

Damn, I thought that guy was just using speed hacks! (Yeah, we actually did see an RB4 with 7 gears)

Liking the Q12 update, quite a lot of minor landscape variations and details. Carefully placed rocks, reception/delivery signs, etc. We have little custom hotlaps through the industrial estate to take all this attention to detail in Smile
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :So, new version (06R) has scirocco ? If has, i will in the shortest time buy a S3 licence, i used 2 years my friend S1 account Big grin. By the way you have any plans for Turkish translations?

Someone from Turkey must do translatons I think.. I see community on Turkey is kind big at these days!
Quote from PeterN :Damn, I thought that guy was just using speed hacks! (Yeah, we actually did see an RB4 with 7 gears)

That is one dream car some people have created using tweaks and perhaps .vob mod which WAS shown on, I still have the pic tho... It is kinda forgotten car people waits for

EDIT: oops, we went to off topic once again... sorry, was no purpose
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :So, new version (06R) has scirocco ? If has, i will in the shortest time buy a S3 licence, i used 2 years my friend S1 account Big grin. By the way you have any plans for Turkish translations?

If not S1, S2 is definitely worth buying! Wink
Quote from Flame CZE :No, that will come after the new tyre physics.

Well, when comes new tire physics?
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG