The online racing simulator
I think there should be added wall that prevents jumping from behind of pits to car park.
If you do that it will teleport you back to the track like shown here :

(I can allready see demo noobs trying to crash racers this way Frown )
Quote from MrSam :
Will the BL Rallycross stats (LFSW) be deleted ?

Seems that all of the BL hotlaps should be deleted, cus people were doing some testing and they said its not possible to drive the previous laptimes, not even close ... because of curbs
-
(Dazza289) DELETED by Dazza289 : Fixed error
I think I've found a bug, or I'm doing something wrong
(i install over the old lfs folder)

The layouts from Carpark are now on Rallycross. (Perhaps because of the new historic track?!)
Attached images
1.jpg
Quote from Xenix74 :I think I've found a bug, or I'm doing something wrong
(i install over the old lfs folder)

The layouts from Carpark are now on Rallycross. (Perhaps because of the new historic track?!)

Yes, modify your layout file BL3 by BL4 Smile
Quote from BADLVBOY :Seems that all of the BL hotlaps should be deleted, cus people were doing some testing and they said its not possible to drive the previous laptimes, not even close ... because of curbs

Ok thank you that's what I thought too.
Quote from Xenix74 :ahh, thx!

Your welcome.
BL1 = GP Track
BL2 = Historic
BL3 = Rallycross (in LFSW BL autox ?)
BL4 = Car Park
Quote :1) Is your car's shadow visible on the ground, when viewed from inside your car? Easy to see in Sunset lighting, when you drive near high objects.

2) What system or Windows version are you using?

The bug seems to be gone, but if you did find something that is actually wrong I am using win10[64bit]
Also I'm not 100% sure but as far as I remember the car's shadow was not visible on the ground.
Something scared me about Blackwood is that low spec demo player wouldn't be able to run LFS in a convenient fps...
I was building a custom layout with bridge on old Blackwood and decided to test how it fits on new Blackwood. Looks like the track of new Blackwood is not on the same z-level with the ramp to the bridge?

Quote from lucaf :Looks like the track of new Blackwood is not on the same z-level with the ramp to the bridge?]

"It contains a new version of Blackwood :

- New textures, geometry and detail improvements all around"
Quote from ltras23 :Something scared me about Blackwood is that low spec demo player wouldn't be able to run LFS in a convenient fps...

demo has no open layout and texture resolution has no impact on fps (only on memory).
Quote from MrSam :The sectors of BL Rallycross seem to have changed. Slower in sector 1 but faster in sector 2 compared to previous version BL Rallycross.

Will the BL Rallycross stats (LFSW) be deleted ?

BL Rally is now BL3 so I assume so, they have also added a different surface on the transitions.
Quote from neonmateo :I think there should be added wall that prevents jumping from behind of pits to car park.
If you do that it will teleport you back to the track like shown here :

(I can allready see demo noobs trying to crash racers this way Frown )

just teleporting them back to pitlane will do it
Quote from cargame.nl :demo has no open layout and texture resolution has no impact on fps (only on memory).

Sadly,It affected me..
Runned Open and Closed layouts and got really decreased fps..
Time for new pc I guess Shrug
Quote from cargame.nl :demo has no open layout and texture resolution has no impact on fps (only on memory).

I found your statement hard to believe...
I'm running on the lowest graphic setting and display as possible. Seems my day is over :/
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
Ok, My first impressions are kinda mixed:

The Good

- The industrial part is nice
- More detailed textures are nice, though they seem a bit too sterile, the current version of Blackwood looks quite a lot more vibrant
- The Historic layout is a great addition

Glitches/bugs/errors
- Some undrivable areas are marked on the open cfg minimap (for example the bit on the inside of the right hander after backstraight)
- There are some questionable shadows around the pitlane exit and around one stack of containers
- The dividing wall in some of the garages has no shadow
- What about those cones someone mentioned above?

Suggestions/opinions

- The kerbs: yeah.. the new blocky shape and the step between the kerb and concrete panels unsettles and bumps some cars around a lot, this is a lot more dangerous on corner exits. Is it possible to go to the old style kerbs here? or at least smoothen them out somehow...
- As for the sausage ones, i hate them personally, but i understand the reason why they're there, seems to me they are a tad too high maybe?
- Maybe change the color of the pit entry/exit blend lines back to yellow? For better visibility
- I think the times set in test patches shouldn't be reflected in LFSW, I just set a BF1 PB for BL Rallycross Big grin

Attached images
lfs_00000047.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
lfs_00000052.jpg
lfs_00000054.jpg
lfs_00000056.jpg
Quote from ltras23 :I found your statement hard to believe...
I'm running on the lowest graphic setting and display as possible. Seems my day is over :/

800x600? For me that is hard to believe. You cannot expect from LFS that it stays 15 years behind, I hope?

You don't need to have the newest hardware but come on.

Quote from neonmateo :
Runned Open and Closed layouts and got really decreased fps..
Time for new pc I guess Shrug

Your computer according to your profile : e4500-GF210

Really? I am using second gen. Intel laptop with no issues. OK with 675MX 4 Gb card but any desktop from the last 6-8 years should perform better?

My screenshot is not meant to show off but 8xAA 2670QM on a 6 year old laptop @1920x1080 .. I am just like; what?

---
edit .. Oh wait.. This Geforce 210;
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-675MX-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-210/m10174vsm7740

I am sorry but those numbers are really bad. It's not difficult to find a better graphics card for just a few Kuna's I guess? It's all you need. http://www.njuskalo.hr/ Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000016.jpg
Textures only change time of loading, as they are all loaded when you select the track/join a server.

Johnny, I believe that the curbs should work much better when the new tyre physics are, which, look like they could be out soon.
Quote from k_badam :Textures only change time of loading, as they are all loaded when you select the track/join a server.

Johnny, I believe that the curbs should work much better when the new tyre physics are, which, look like they could be out soon.

Indeed. This track, plus all of the other ones that Eric has been working on have been developed with the new tyre physics. I did a few laps of GP in various cars last night and the kerbs really were a problem when I hit the sweet-spot where the tyre-glitches happen. I can only assume that the glitches we currently experience with the current tyre physics have been alleviated with the new physics else we would be seeing fewer of these types of kerbs rather than more. Until the new tyre physics head our way, we're going to need to approach the kerbs with as much caution as do for WE1R T2 etc.
My opinions after driving around a bit
- Sausage kerbs should be lowered slightly. They should be more friendly since hey, you're revamping to make it look more attractive, and mostly Demo (new users) will be the ones playing it for the first time. Don't want the inexperienced rolling over every race..?
(Maybe replace the sausage kerbs with the F1 track extension "vibration reverse kerbs"? The red ones that vibrate and unsettle the car)
Kerb -

Would still cause trouble if you run over but are still friendly if you fly over them at the right angle. Plus UF1s would be able to ride them, if you'd try to ride the willy kerbs now you just end up with an upside-down UF1 Rofl

- Open the highway? Probably suggested before, so I'll just leave this here as a hang.

- Smoothen exit kerbing. Said before above, exit kerbs should be gentle and less-punishing.

That's it basically, feel free to comment on these ideas below, I'm probably not the best guy to go for opinions but hey I'm still human Tongue

Cheers!

The reward is in the passion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvWFeXADgY
AA™| AOR Nova
I wish i could, but after what happened to my dedicated GPU, racing in a full grid is a torture. Yet, i'm able to make some valuable records.

Unfortunately i can't get any newer hardware with cheap prices, parent's got low salary, and i got college to think of.

Living in the 3rd world country isn't that bright as i imagined.
Oh, Poland flag is upside down.. Sry, thought you was from Poland. Hhmm yes Indonesia is a difficult country, afraid you have to stick in the old situation there is not much what can be done.

Quote from k_badam :Textures only change time of loading, as they are all loaded when you select the track/join a server.

I just want to correct you guys on this. On older graphics cards, higher resolution textures do affect frame rate significantly. This is mainly because of the memory access. Using half texture resolution can of course help with this.

About open configs, these days they use the full optimiser system (invisible object removal) by use of path switching so the frame rate shouldn't be any lower than closed configs.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG