The online racing simulator
New Live for Speed License Price Bands
Dear LFS Racers,

First we would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

Today we have made a change that will be helpful for many LFS racers. Until now, everyone paid the same price for an LFS license. But this sometimes seemed too high in places which are not favoured by the international exchange rates.

We have compared data on average earnings, converted to a common currency, and separated all the countries into three bands. The first band price is the same as before, £12 per license level (e.g. Demo to S1 or S1 to S2). People from countries in the second band now pay £9 per license level and people in countries from the third band pay £6 per license level.

These prices are now visible on our shop pages. The price bands only apply to licences and license upgrades.

LFS gift vouchers can be used to give LFS as a gift or help a friend upgrade. Vouchers can now be bought with any value from £3 to £36, allowing you to buy the exact gift you are looking for, matching the new banded license prices.

We hope this will make our licenses accessible for many more LFS racers!

- LFS Developers
I'd like to know what band correspond to each country, but this is great news.

More complex for you, but I'm sure it's going to allow a lot of people to join the S2/S3 communities.
Quote from Whiskey :I'd like to know what band correspond to each country, but this is great news.

You can have a look to see the prices in each country, on the voucher page.
#4 - MrSam
thank you LFS team and i wish you an Happy New Year and all the best Smile
Dead banana
#6 - MrSam
Thumbs up
It may be helpful also to display the amount in the currency of that country. For Example, when I click the United States drop down box it still displays in pounds instead of USD.

Not a big deal to me but just a thought.
Now this is even more than fair deal! Still it won't delete some flaws mentioned on the forums, but this if any, should decrease drastically.

This won't get any cheaper!
Awesome stuff Scawen! For everyone that regret buying lfs when it cost a lot, don't forget that it all went to devs and you supported them with the cost that you could afford Smile
Oh, thanks god scawen
Wow, good job!

Hopefully this brings in more potential buyers Smile
Quote from Scawen :You can have a look to see the prices in each country

Show license prices for Serbia
S1 £6
S2 £12
S3 £18

Some gift for us who have purchased a licenses at full (old) price? Big grin
This can't be a bad thing. Thumbs up
Cool thing, let it be good for everyone. Smile

Just wondering, how is the country of the player decided? Credit card adress? IP? Or (god forbid) LFS profile nationality?
Give me back my £18))) Scavier, a new price this is nice. Sale 50%))
p.s. was £36 - s3
now £18 - s3

repeat83 - молодец)))))
#21 - PoVo
Is there going to be a 100% OFF voucher for Pereulok players as well? They had a nice game free of charge for years and it would be a shame to take away that right!
A very good decision under pressure and in short notice. I respect how you guys put your player base first.

Happy New Year Smile
Quote from klbbadd2002 :It may be helpful also to display the amount in the currency of that country. For Example, when I click the United States drop down box it still displays in pounds instead of USD.

Not a big deal to me but just a thought.

Bear in mind that their prices are in pounds. Exchange rates vary constantly, and the commissions that the currency change costs are also variable.
In the end it is easier for everybody to list the price in GBP, and let you bank/Paypal/whatever tell you your final price at the moment of purchase.
Quote from aanrus :Give me back my £18))) Scavier, a new price this is nice. Sale 50%))
p.s. was £36 - s3
now £18 - s3

I was waiting for this comment.
Bit like the sun rising in the morning really.

I do question some of the Pacific prices, ie Tokelau is full price but Samoa is discounted ???
And Pitcain is full price ????

Maybe a bit of fine tuning may still be needed, let me know if you need help with regional geography. Smile

New Live for Speed License Price Bands
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG