The online racing simulator
Website that shows all S1/S2 licenses sold
(78 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Phlos
Hello,

I coded a quick website : http://lfs.phlos.com/
Not very useful, but I just wanted to know how many licences devs sold until now

NB : The database is probably not 100% accurate, so if you find something wrong, please report it
#2 - axus
Here's an idea... let's start a thread about how much money the devs have made, because its so relevant.
i think its interesting to see how many stingy tw*ts there are. 77 thousand demo players is a lot.
Quote from axus :Here's an idea... let's start a thread about how much money the devs have made, because its so relevant.

Smells envy here
Here's an idea: If you don't like a thread, don't post in it.
I find the pie chart useful, I've always been interested in the number of licenced racers. I thought it was more.
Quote from Captain Slow :i think its interesting to see how many stingy tw*ts there are. 77 thousand demo players is a lot.

That's not to say they're all playing though, is it? I think the 25%+ conversion rate from demo to licensed shows what a good product they've got and how well the demo shows it off.
Quote :Here's an idea: If you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

+1. theres been alot of people just posting in threads to say a thread is pointless or silly. i think i might have a link to the definition of the word irony here.
Quote from Captain Slow :+1. theres been alot of people just posting in threads to say a thread is pointless or silly. i think i might have a link to the definition of the word irony here.

Yeah, and there have been people posting in threads just to insult demo racers, but that doesn't seem to bother you...
Anyone else notice that the number of demo users increases every second? And then someone buys S2 every 5 seconds. Apparently people are still buying S1, too. Something fishy?
Quote from Forbin :Anyone else notice that the number of demo users increases every second? And then someone buys S2 every 5 seconds.

lol noticed that too
848 446,17 € :banana:
Quote from Forbin :Anyone else notice that the number of demo users increases every second? And then someone buys S2 every 5 seconds. Apparently people are still buying S1, too. Something fishy?

S1 is not sold anymore. You can buy only S2 on the liveforspeed.net site
Quote from Hyperactive :S1 is not sold anymore. You can buy only S2 on the liveforspeed.net site

I'm only reporting what I saw. The number of S1 licenses on Phlos' page was increasing.
Quote from Forbin :I'm only reporting what I saw. The number of S1 licenses on Phlos' page was increasing.

Hmm. How do you read it? If you buy S2, you get S1 as well. So, 18% has S2 (and S1) and 8% does have S1 only...

Hmm, makes me feel dizzy...

I was just updating the database with some racers name (starting with "weird" chars) that I forgot. So it was just a "live update" of DB, no one bought a S1 today

EDIT : It would be awesome if I can connect "live" with official database from devs, but I doubt it will be possible
So for now, it's updated each day at 00:00 only, nothing live (except manual updating)
Quick question, and this is JUST a question...

Where is the data pulled from? I mean is it somewhere public anyone can access?

Cheers
Not in an easy way. I coded a "parser" that grabs informations as most as possible from lfsworld.net and lfsforum.net
It's not 100% accurate for the licence status (demo/s1/s2) but I think it's 100% accurate for the racers database

EDIT : So now it reads data from my own database, that is updated at 00:00 each day.
What I'd like to know is why everyone seems to be taking this at face value. How can you even include demo racers with any hope for accuracy when they come and go as well as being able to change names? If you're counting them from the beginning, are you double counting the licensed users that were also demo racers?
26% customer conversion ratio.
8% customer fatigue.

Both of these appear disproportionate, where is the data from? It doesn't sound right at all.
Quote from downwiz2 :ouch....the pie chart must be hurting to the eyes of the developers

Why?
Quote from Phlos :Not in an easy way. I coded a "parser" that grabs informations as most as possible from lfsworld.net and lfsforum.net
It's not 100% accurate for the licence status (demo/s1/s2) but I think it's 100% accurate for the racers database

EDIT : So now it reads data from my own database, that is updated at 00:00 each day.

not anymore you don't - you're not gonna query lfsworld thousands of times within some minutes. That's why we invented pubstats.

Why is it phlos, that every time you do anything, there's always a bad smell to it huh? I'd like to see you at your job. Are you always sneaky there too?

Oh and don't reply please - I don't wanna hear it. You've been told this numerous times, yet you fail to see the point of being honest. Your ban is coming close again.
Quote from cannonfodder :What I'd like to know is why everyone seems to be taking this at face value. How can you even include demo racers with any hope for accuracy when they come and go as well as being able to change names? If you're counting them from the beginning, are you double counting the licensed users that were also demo racers?

A demo racer = someone registered on liveforspeed.net but that never bought S1 nor S2.
It's not someone that plays on demo servers...

Quote from Becky Rose :26% customer conversion ratio.
8% customer fatigue.

Both of these appear disproportionate, where is the data from? It doesn't sound right at all.

In what way it doesn't sound right at all ?
Data comes from LFSWorld and LFSForum...

There are some racers that are stored as "demo racer" (even if they bought S2) because they never raced online...but most of them raced online, so it's not 100% accurate, but at least 95% accurate
I must say, Phlos, that of all the things you could do with LFS (with your obvious talents), this is probably one of the most useless.
Quote from Victor :not anymore you don't - you're not gonna query lfsworld thousands of times within some minutes. That's why we invented pubstats.

Why is it phlos, that every time you do anything, there's always a bad smell to it huh? I'd like to see you at your job. Are you always sneaky there too?

Oh and don't reply please - I don't wanna hear it. You've been told this numerous times, yet you fail to see the point of being honest. Your ban is coming close again.

I'm sorry to reply, but I must do it.

I read whole doc of pubstats (for devs), and I didn't find any way to grab license status. So at the beginning I tried to get PBs of guys through this "pubstats" (S2 PB = S2 license, etc...) but you can only do 1 request / ~5 secs
To update ~110 000 users it would take ~6 days

So I did the same thing by parsing LFS World and LFS Forum (tried to optimise all http query as much as I can to prevent high traffic ) and it took ~ 30 hours for whole DB... that was the only way sorry

I know I should ask you before doing it, but you said you don't want to talk to me anymore, so I could not do it in a "clean way" anyway.

Btw I don't see what's wrong in this project except harming your server, but that's just at the beginning, the update take only few minutes

EDIT : But if you want, I stop it now, no more update...as you want Victor. I'm not bad as you think.....
Quote from Crazy Harry :848 446,17 € :banana:

5.952 € minus vat and server costs per month isn't much for a top-class game developer. So let's go demo-racers, buy some licenses.
This thread is closed

(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG