The online racing simulator
Website that shows all S1/S2 licenses sold
(78 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Phlos :Victor, I never heard about this "premium pubstats", it sounds interesting, what is it ?
EDIT : Searched it, sounds nice but not for my project, it will cost me few £ / day to update whole DB ... I have a lot of bandwidth not used on my server, maybe we can make a deal ?

And sure you will never give me access to your database
But you can create a private "view" of the 2 fields I need and everyone will be happy, it's easy to do that. If you still don't want (I can understand !), a "private" php script that output in raw (or plain text) the "nickname / license status" would be nice too, and no more heavy traffic for both solutions, it will just take few seconds to update each day

Again, it's as you want Victor...

Erm, sorry... Im not sure id agree there.

Yes, my status is shown on THIS website, as this is an official LFS website, those details (guessing) are taken from an Official LFS database.

I (personally) wouldnt really be happy about someone who is just another racer (like the rest of us right?), accessing official LFS databases via any method.

Thats just my personal opinion and nothing more. Its ON topic, its an opinion. There we go.

@Phlos - Personally I have nothing against you, I like most of your apps and stuff, but ask before releasing these things, if not before making them, if the answer is no, respect it. I dont think thats hard to do, I may be wrong?

@dawesdust_12 - Yes we all know that sometimes Faster111's input is irrelevent to the matter in hand, and Im not perfect, but come on... how is "STFU" helping?

@Dev's - A foul word filter perhaps... Its happening much more now.

Just my thoughts guys.
Quote from Victor :getting 12Gb, doing tens of thousands of queries in a short timeframe is what I consider hostile behaviour. Simple as that.
For this reason exactly, pubstats were brought to life - we can't have everyone sucking our website because they want some stat on their website. If you can't live with the 5 second tarpitting, then you have the option to go for the premium pubstat.

Why Phlos thinks he doesn't have to go by the rules is beyond me. And getting direct access to our database - man, you MUST be joking... If you can't see why I would never ever allow you to do that, then I give up.

Hmmm

I didn`t see that message untill now. I wasn`t aware of that.
I have to rest my case, with this piece of evidence.

I`ll go shoot myself
k, closing this thread now as all has been said. More would probably be repetitions.
This thread is closed

Website that shows all S1/S2 licenses sold
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG