The online racing simulator
About cracked community and a suggestions to developers
Few days ago, the most important cracked community decided to turn off. I wont talk about their reason and/or if they did the right thing or not. I would like to talk about facts.

Scawen, one of LFS developers, said that Pereulok became a big problem when it had more players than the original LFS (non-cracked master server). Everybody on both sides has their own argument to play on cracked or original LFS. But Pereulok used to had more players than original, and do you know why? I have some theories about:

- Price

Yep. As brazilians who created some threads said, price is one (or the most related) thing that interfeer directly on how many people are playing LFS. 45 US Dollars for a "old" game is too much. It's almost the same price of brand new games, not considering Steam special offers.

I remember Scawen said something like buying licenses will support game development. I agree, but who will pay 45 bucks for a slowly updated game? I think, if he really wanna bring players from Pereulok to S2/S3, he should consider lower the price on next days (temporary), and give a chance for players to play legit. Is better to have 50 purchases at half price than 5 at full.

- Updates

It involves also pricing. But let me talk few words about my background on LFS. I've playing this game since 2004, and bought my first license in 2005. I know about this game more than some people who started last year and has 10k posts on this forum.

Anyway... Updates on LFS are really poor. I mean, real mirrors are cool and bring a improved player experience, but ask the community. What their prefeer? New track, maybe a new car set (not necessary to be real cars like VWS), or the incredible mirror system?

I remember around 2008, 2009 when developers said about Scirocco. I don't wanna bring this subject back, but the players who were playing at that time remember how the community reacted. I remember a lot of people playing and talking about the new car, new physics.

This (real updates) is what keep the community interested on the game. Since 2010, the important updates were Westhill improvement and Rockingham. Maybe we can consider another 2 or 3 features.

Scawen, please consider real updates, to make the money worth the license.

- Community

Actual community is toxic. Hell yeah. Servers are the same, with same players, saying the same things. Nobody give a chance for new servers to grow. If someone plays on server A, he still playing there and does not matter if server B opened yerterday with new features (aka InSim, organization, events, and go on).

It make the servers quantity drop and consequently the community to drop as well. If the only server available for drift/race/cruise/drag/whatever is A, and I got banned from A or I don't like A admins, I will just stop to play online.

Also, the community does not accept suggestions from itself. I met a lot of players who simple does not accept when I say "I don't like server B because....". Doesn't matter if I'm right, or if I have rights to express my opinion. They simply ban because there's no server to connect (as I said, limited options) and there's no way to change my license without spending money (as Pereulok allows).

I'm posting as a Demo because as I said, community is toxic. I don't want to get a ban from some servers, or even lose my account because Swaven... Anyway. There's some players who really still fighting to improve LFS community. I can say a few names and I'm posting to these players.

Scawen, please consider the opportunity Pereulok gave to you closing his Master Server. I... We don't want to see LFS ending, but in opposite, see this game really growing as it should grow, considering its potential and active but small community.

Again, I don't want to apology Cracked servers. But in the way LFS is going today, the players on next years will be found only on these kind of servers.
Quote :Actual community is toxic

the cracked one, yes. which is not a surprise because it is similiar with every game
#3 - jujek
Pereulok get more users becouse for unlock LFS You need only 5min (propably even less) so this was very nice way to get it free price is not as big as you thing im sure you playing more than year and i'm sure if you will be collecting money for whole year you will can but this game and good wheel. You're cracked user and you complaining about community? yes on cracked servers community was very bad anyone was do what he want. and if you don't like this all thing why you come here and want still play this game?
Totally with you, oladra (or whoever you are).
Several changes have to be made, be it slowly, to ease this slight conflict that's ensuing.
Another problem, highlighted here by (name withdrawn):

"The problem is that a lot of people already played with friends, knew new people and everything was thrown in the trash, and if everyone could buy a license there would not be, piracy would be better and we Brazilians do not have the condition to buy, but it's not just us Brazilians are several people in the world and there are those who have money who think they are better than everyone else"

Its come to the point where it isn't just price. The community that they once had is now in tatters.
You've pretty much covered what I have to say about the pricing, so I won't go there, but we need support for those probable new members from LFSP that aren't too keen on joining uncracked."

Keep the discussions running here, but keep it civilised please.
Quote from oladraodecc :It involves also pricing. But let me talk few words about my background on LFS. I've playing this game since 2004, and bought my first license in 2005. I know about this game more than some people who started last year and has 10k posts on this forum.

U say u bought game in 2005 u know u still can use that account... In most new game u buy new updates as DLC's (check assetto corsa or forza lfs becomes cheap then) and I don't know any race game that have an demo environment with 1 track and 3 cars.

Cheer up man and go driving on u'r liced account
A stupid thread like all the other ones. Just with more "blabla". This shit should all just be closed of moderators without any comment.

There is not even any valid argument in blaming the devs that a cracked community is more active.
Every game has a significant cracked player amount. Why do you think recent games have such a good anti tamper software that isn't cracked to this point?
For independent developers its surely even harder because they have much less players. 50% buyers of 5mio is more them 50% of 100 000... (just an example).

This argument "its much to pay 50€ for a game with just a fer updates..." its just the most funny bullshit one can read.
You buy a game with the content it has at this point. That's it.
You can name maybe a handful games that got updates for such a long time and even less that got that many new features on top.

If the community is toxic or not is by far no reason of all that - As if there drive many players that payed for the game...

But y Im toxic after reading threads like those here.
Quote from jujek :Pereulok get more users becouse for unlock LFS You need only 5min (propably even less) so this was very nice way to get it free price is not as big as you thing im sure you playing more than year and i'm sure if you will be collecting money for whole year you will can but this game and good wheel. You're cracked user and you complaining about community? yes on cracked servers community was very bad anyone was do what he want. and if you don't like this all thing why you come here and want still play this game?

You just keep repeating same thing at every similar topic.. enough.

Cracked servers - it's not the main reason why official servers are empty, that's bullshit.
This guy summarized pretty well what are the real reasons for dying community and decreasing player base. Of course, nothing new for most..
#8 - jujek
Becouse everyone new topic is about same thing they don't want to pay but they want to play
Well, I have been playing LFS for almost 7 years (I had another account before this one (Games02 was the first account I had) and Im still saving to buy S2 or even S3, and yes, LFS may not get too many updates, but the point is to get these updates REALLY polished and bug-free (yes, there are bugs on updates obviously, but its preferable to have 1 or 2 bugs than having like 10 or 20, like it was No Man's Sky).

LFS legit community isn't toxic, but kids are those who make it toxic, like the Brazilian guys from LFSP and same from Turks.
Sadly Demo is full of multi-acc (what I mean with multi-acc? 10 accounts on the same person for example). Mostly of multi-accounters are either from Brazil, Turkey, Lithuania or even Bulgary. At least from what I have seen on the server I play the most.

Tell me, what do you prefer:
[New Tyre Physics]
1º- 20 Updates trying to fix it
or
2º- Wait a few years and you may even get Tyre Physics + VWS or even have one track on it.

This ain't some kind of "Let's see how fast do you release updates" game. What happens if the next update brakes the whole game or they remove a car because the update broke it and it might never come back, just because people is so impatient and wanted moar updates??
Remember that the devs are Indies, and not DICE or ACTIVISION, where they have 10000 staff working on a game. They have a life and jobs and maybe kids and they aren't 24/7 working on LFS because of low free time to work on LFS. Or even a sad lost get them depressed for weeks and they don't feel working on LFS until it passes.

Its already known that the Scirocco will be released after new tyre Physics are done, theres no need to bring VWS argument to annoy devs.

Wanna hear the saddest part? Even licensed players were using LFSP. They spent their money to "support" LFS, but then you see them playing on LFSP freely. Just... Pathetic
If you see CLRS530 post, will you know exactly what I mean with TOXIC COMMUNITY WHICH DOES NOT ACCEPT OPINIONS. Smile
Quote from oladraodecc :If you see CLRS530 post, will you know exactly what I mean with TOXIC COMMUNITY WHICH DOES NOT ACCEPT OPINIONS. Smile

So, because 1 guy doesn't think the same as you, the whole community is toxic?...

Also, why don't you post with your S2 account then? You won't get banned for saying what you think. Yes, some people won't agree with your opinion, but thats it, your opinion and what you think. But at the same time, try not to lie to people telling things that aren't true ( Toxic Community for example ).
Quote from CLRS530 :This shit should all just be closed of moderators without any comment.

No. Why? There is enough database space, interesting to read all these people seeking to have fun but not willing to pay for it and making the most silly arguments why it shouldn't cost anything.
Servers are same? More details please.
People who steal the game and have no intention of buying it come to the forum demanding features and faster updates? Its safe to say "the big update" may now be delayed while anti piracy measures are added.
Quote :what happens if the next update brakes the whole game or they remove a car because the update broke it and it might never come back, just because people is so impatient and wanted moar updates??

i was undecided but this convienced me
Playing cracked games is one thing. But coming to the official forum justifying cracked networks while blaming others and topping it all by asking for discounts is simply ridiculous. Where's your dignity?
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Playing cracked games is one thing. But coming to the official forum justifying cracked networks while blaming others and topping it all by asking for discounts is simply ridiculous. Where's your dignity?

This!
They don't have any. It's like stealing is something good, reversed law and value system..
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Playing cracked games is one thing. But coming to the official forum justifying cracked networks while blaming others and topping it all by asking for discounts is simply ridiculous. Where's your dignity?

This... Now all these pathetic threads should be closed.
There are people across the world facing worst issues (death, poverty, war, you name it...).

And all we can read are some whines about being unable to play a game the illegal way?

What's wrong with this world some people?

e:
Quote :As everyone said, we made friendships, and it's not so easy to leave from a communitty and go to the other, because ive spent 4 years there. 4 YEARS!

And this is a valid argument to you...? Thanks for trying, at last.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :There are people across the world facing worst issues (death, poverty, war, you name it...).

And all we can read are some whines about being unable to play a game the illegal way?

What's wrong with this world?

Mentioning my original post, World sucks.
This thing, pereulok being shut, it convinced me to buy s3. But i want to point something out. Why in the name of the god, it took 5 fricking years, to shut down the pereulok? WHY? As everyone said, we made friendships, and it's not so easy to leave from a communitty and go to the other, because ive spent 4 years there. 4 YEARS!
Quote from franc51 :This thing, pereulok being shut, it convinced me to buy s3. But i want to point something out. Why in the name of the god, it took 5 fricking years, to shut down the pereulok? WHY? As everyone said, we made friendships, and it's not so easy to leave from a communitty and go to the other, because ive spent 4 years there. 4 YEARS!

It is time to switch on this side then.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Mentioning my original post, World sucks.

Nah I love people and world maybe i'm strange but I do.

I like Linux becourse it's free and I don't worrie to donate (I mean when I can help I help neighbor or friend) And I think that counts for most.

But I think most guys using cracked lfs don't realise how small club it is and how harmfull it is for them.

I download movies and music I'm bad to but if I really like it I buy (doesn't happen that often LOOOL)
Quote from franc51 : we made friendships, and it's not so easy to leave from a communitty and go to the other, because ive spent 4 years there. 4 YEARS!

You can continue here, there is this demo. If you think the game/sim is good you can buy a license and you get more stuff. Most of the players still have enough on S2 level. Its 24 pounds. Four years thats 0.5 pounds a month or 6 pounds a year. When was the last time you went to McDonalds? Ever looked at the bill?

I am here seven years by the way. Spend a little bit more on LFS but that had also something to do with karma. Smoking is expensive you know.. Quit smoking and you save money, hurray \o/
This thread is closed

About cracked community and a suggestions to developers
(123 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG