The online racing simulator
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Playing cracked games is one thing. But coming to the official forum justifying cracked networks while blaming others and topping it all by asking for discounts is simply ridiculous. Where's your dignity?

Seems there is no dignity
I wouldn't be shocked if Scawen postponed tyre physics right now and started working on new master server and unlocking protocol... because of this.

Then again a reasonably robust new protocol + master (which will take at least days to be cracked) will take probably a month or two to develop... nah, Scawen is alone, so maybe even three or four.

I think that will make it "major update". Smile Although you probably expected different one, right?

Just keep playing the cracked LFS, and it may go like this... if it already didn't. The legit community will be then much nicer to you. If you think now they are toxic, just wait for then. Big grin
Quote from Ped7g :I wouldn't be shocked if Scawen postponed tyre physics right now and started working on new master server and unlocking protocol... because of this.

Then again a reasonably robust new protocol + master (which will take at least days to be cracked) will take probably a month or two to develop... nah, Scawen is alone, so maybe even three or four.

I think that will make it "major update". Smile Although you probably expected different one, right?

Just keep playing the cracked LFS, and it may go like this... if it already didn't. The legit community will be then much nicer to you. If you think now they are toxic, just wait for then. Big grin

They crack it some hours ago thats why some of them are apologize but they can't unlock full game hahahaha and they don't have server list and others stuff like on legal server
Querem um jogo de graça
Quote from cargame.nl :You can continue here, there is this demo. If you think the game/sim is good you can buy a license and you get more stuff. Most of the players still have enough on S2 level. Its 24 pounds. Four years thats 0.5 pounds a month or 6 pounds a year. When was the last time you went to McDonalds? Ever looked at the bill?

I am here seven years by the way. Spend a little bit more on LFS but that had also something to do with karma. Smoking is expensive you know.. Quit smoking and you save money, hurray \o/

I don't smoke. The slightly litte problem is that i'm in the process of buying a car, and i can't afford to give any penny out.
This last sentence was more of a general note.

Buying a car is one thing, it needs fuel too. Speaking of which, 24 pounds is about half a tank of fuel. (Depending on local fuel prices, size fuel tank blabla, I know). Half a tank of fuel in four years.. What is this? Not much is it. So it can't be the pricing of LFS, the price is used as an excuse.
Clearly ! Spending £24 or £36 for something you have lots of fun with would be too expensive ? wtf Big grin
How to say, quite simply that nothing shocks me now.
The one who made pereulok is still very strong. But all the credit goes to the DEVS.
I think it would be better to understand why this has happened and to draw the consequences so that we can move on.

As long as users have access to the server files, LFS will always be cracked. So it would require an innovative system.

The cruises / drifts servers are more numerous than the race servers. Perhaps it would be necessary to modify the content of the S1 to make it attractive for the server cruises / drifts Smile

After all it is necessary to understand to advance and not to repeat the same errors.
Quote from cargame.nl :This last sentence was more of a general note.

Buying a car is one thing, it needs fuel too. Speaking of which, 24 pounds is about half a tank of fuel. (Depending on local fuel prices, size fuel tank blabla, I know). Half a tank of fuel in four years.. What is this? Not much is it. So it can't be the pricing of LFS, the price is used as an excuse.

No. Buying a car is a thing, and maintaining a car is another thing. When you buy a car, you give out, mostly, all your available money. When you MAINTAIN a car, you just buy gas, or some parts, which is one hundred times cheaper. I don't try to make excuses, i want to buy it, but i can't right now, that's the point.
Yes. Let's all steal everything we want, but "can't" afford.
Its been so for ages. Look at other games, every game can and will be cracked. Its not their fault if they are poor or live in a poor country, its our fault when we judge them. Its not a solution to steal tho.
Never forget that while £24 is a lot of money in Eastern Europe, Turkey or South America, it isn't really that much in the UK or Western Europe, where the devs are based. I could post random figures but they're fairly meaningless without taking the cost of living into account. But from what I gather, in most Western countries you'll earn a bit more than S2's worth in half a day if you work on minimum wage. Which is still peanuts if you're lucky enough to land a high-end job, mind you.

LFS might not have the same aggressive sales strategies we've come to expect in gaming in this day and age(OMG -80% PRAISE OUR LORD GABEN!! Nevermind that the game is overpriced for the remaining 11 months of the year), but it doesn't mean it's a charity. I'd be curious to know what the dev's profit margins are on a license, but they would probably look quite petty for a one in a lifetime, "never come back" payment.

I'm shocked that millions of gamers around the world are happy to buy the new FIFA every year at full price, which is essencially the same game every year with more eye candy and updated rosters, while EA are oblivious to the quirks and issues that plagued it year after year. Or that people are happpy to pay $12/car and $199/year in iRacing land(on an engine about as old as LFS', AFAIK..). Why? Because people buying the latest FIFA are mostly rich kids with high-end computers worth much more than the games they play. While all the others with older computers are playing on the 3 or 4 years old versions(still a good decade younger than old LFS, ironically...), and don't bother EA with their requests because they know there's no way in hell they're gonna update their old ass game(they have some pretty sweet mods to make up for it, granted...). Meanwhile people in iR are actual or wannabe real life racers, who are led to belive that paying 4-figures for their virtual racing is a good deal, just because they can afford it, simply enough. All of that puts the worth of a niche £24(or £36) game into perspective.

tl;dr: Everyone likes a free lunch, but the value of a free lunch depends on who you are and where you live...
I'd be more than happy with finding out the ratio of £12/24/36 is versus the average UK income, and applying that multiplier to other countries. But then you'd have people exploiting that to get the game cheaper than they can at home, or worse and reselling it for profit, bringing you back to square one.
Some people just get off on 'getting a deal' and cheating the system, even when they can clearly afford not to. I know people like this in real life. It is an insult or a failure for them to have to end up buying a movie, or a song, or a game. Some entire cultures seem to have this attitude, one that springs to mind is China, where free apps to watch any movie you like are absolutely widespread, even with people that can afford the latest insanely priced smartphone to watch them on.

Without a significant amount of extra work and policing, I can't think of a way of altering the cost depending on the region without opening up another way for selfish people to start exploiting this project.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
tl;dr: Everyone likes a free lunch, but the value of a free lunch depends on who you are and where you live...

I see this mistake happen time after time.. Only comparing income but not expenses.. It's twice as expensive to live in the UK then to live in Brazil.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&country2=Brazil&displayCurrency=USD

If you ever been to Norway then you know what I am talking about;
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United%20Kingdom&country2=Norway&displayCurrency=USD
Quote from cargame.nl :I see this mistake happen time after time.. Only comparing income but not expenses.. It's twice as expensive to live in the UK then to live in Brazil.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&country2=Brazil&displayCurrency=USD

If you ever been to Norway then you know what I am talking about;
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United%20Kingdom&country2=Norway&displayCurrency=USD

Nice post! I agree, the price isn't the problem. The problem is that 90% of pereulok players is kids
#41 - Tafu
Quote from Gutholz :the cracked one, yes. which is not a surprise because it is similiar with every game

Cracked community is toxic? Well, nah.
-
(1303s_vortech) DELETED by 1303s_vortech
I see a lot of new players on demo servers since the shut down of lfsp. and they act very toxic indeed Tongue
Quote from Tafu :Cracked community is toxic? Well, nah.

they is becouse this people don't respect any rules becouse they can make new account at any time now most of them will be banned on legal servers when they will act like on crack
Nice work guys... Now I can close Firssen Events and Westhill Rally Championship Leagune... :/
Here you go you poor little scum who whine about paying for a game.
http://lfs.ya1.ru/forum/forum_19

Go and join this community and phuq of from here.

You can even create your own car, so much more fun than the legal game.

Seeing as this forum has chosen to embrace hacking this game I just thought I might as well join in as otherwise we might create North Korea or something......
Quote from versiu :Nice work guys... Now I can close Firssen Events and Westhill Rally Championship Leagune... :/

Move it to legal servers becouse u organize that on illegal servers.
I have a question for you guys. Is there a cruise server that has 40 players on it everytime, 30 staff members, a 5 years perfectioned insim with everything you need, on real lfs? I think i know the answer. The point is that, this kind of things happen only when they are done illegal, awesome people, with awesome facts, happen only when it's not the time. Shall i say it? This kind of people are 10 times smarter than regular lfs players. I don't take sides, i only said my opinion, don't get offended.
#48 - Tafu
Quote from jujek :they is becouse this people don't respect any rules becouse they can make new account at any time now most of them will be banned on legal servers when they will act like on crack

The people angry here are most of the "cancerous" brazilians, they try to insult and swear in brazilian but noone understands them, just ignore them lol
Quote from franc51 :The point is that, this kind of things happen only when they are done illegal, awesome people, with awesome facts, happen only when it's not the time. Shall i say it? This kind of people are 10 times smarter than regular lfs players.

So legal players aren't able to make anything and are stupid. Well,thank you!

Scawen - shut down masterserver and give your blessing to reopening of perewhatever. LFS will rise into new golden era!

(if this doesn't break any sarcasm detectors...)
No. I think i didn't say it well. By that, i meant people that are working on insims or servers. Sorry if my english is bad, i have learned it since i play this game, and i'm proud of it.
This thread is closed

About cracked community and a suggestions to developers
(123 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG