The online racing simulator
Quote from franc51 :Everyone admitted that lfs is overpriced, and nobody is forced to buy it.

You are the one which pirated LFS for four years right? 1460 days? Yes you are.

Quote from franc51 :So you are basically lying yourself.

So you are basically lying yourself. Ok.

I wonder what person would have this as 'a friend'.
Quote from cargame.nl :You can continue here, there is this demo. If you think the game/sim is good you can buy a license and you get more stuff.

Bro you saying this, really confuses me. Through all the hate and cursing I've seen all (not all, just those who dont want to listen are ignorant) the legit players give to those to pereulok players. You want them to come to the legit side. At this point you guys have scared away, pushed aside, *tried* shitting on us and yet you still offer us to come and play legit. No one likes to play with cancerous players. Yeah we cracked it, but never were we attacking one another. After all, we all play the same game. And if you guys really wanted us to play legit, you guys would have been more understanding and more reasonable to understand where we are coming from. Only the one's who are not cold-blooded and not heartless and do care about what we have to say and do get where we are coming from. Look, we know piracy of this game was bad, but did you guys really think it wasnt gonna happen? At least some honest people admit to piracy and its more or less a norm. So i dont see why so much people are getting so butthurt and are attacking us when WE COME IN PEACE FFS. You guys are so hostile.
Thats why you got the demo invitation. Loads of servers there, high chance someone likes you. If not you can start your own server.

Something which I did seven years ago. I wasn't even interested in the licensed environment. Until a friend got a license for Christmas and was very excited about it. I created a new account and bought a license too.

So easy, everything is so easy.
I played Demo for 6 months before switching. If i wasnt introduced to it, I probs would have stopped played because it got boring or stayed. But my main point is, cargame.nl I've seen you attack other players for playing on pereulok for some of which were logical reasons. But you guys dont give 2 f's. It shows how disgusting this community is. There's no love, no peace, no understanding. Just straight up war. If this was great community as half of you are claiming it to be, then where are those characteristics?
Quote from truckloader :we know piracy of this game was bad, but did you guys really think it wasnt gonna happen?

Everyone knew about LFS piracy. Many even started with pirated versions. But noone expected the crackers being so utterly stupid to come to official LFS forum and demanding the return of the pirated server/website. This is where the hostality came from! Some guys never really supported LFS and then come here and demand stuff for free or for reduced charge,because they're so loyal LFS-players,playing for years alredy.

BTW - the cursing part came majorly from the crackers' side,who were in rage that their belowed pirated server was shut down. We,regular forum visitors,might be unwelcoming to these demanding crackers,but at least we stayed civilized (I mean,how uncivilized is to lough at ridiculous demands Big grin),as I for example don't want to get banned from the forum,that would screw up the events I organize.
If you want to, you can search all my post on this topic, no hatred whatsoever. No cursing whatsoever. And I understand why you guys are pissed, but you guys are cursing everyone, even the ones who came with peace such as myself. And if this forum is about peace, then you should be able to detect peace from hostility. I and some others didn't ask for price drops or anything like that. We basically stated our valid reason for not being able to acquire said license. And do you want to know what I received in return?
Quote from cargame.nl :Your parents know you are a bad kid which cannot have responsibilities about money yet. Hurray! Some good parents still exist. What you do to get what you want in normal life? Stealing? I suppose so. Get caught by the cops, the rest of your life ruined.. Awesome future in front of you.

Seriously though, if you cannot have you are own money which you worked for, you have serious issues... You can try to reflect it back here with all kinds of "arguments" like 'you guys are poor also' but it's not really going to help, sorry. It's kids talk. Try to grow up, talk with your parents and try to do it in a smarter way then you do here and you might succeed.

Real mature huh? Like, things like this demonstrates how mature some of you are.
And to add to that, cargame.nl, I didn't ask for the money to get it, I asked for them to buy the game for me. But you obviously don't care about what I have to say just like the rest of you.
Doesn't matter what people are going to say on this subject it's a lose lose situation all round for everybody, LFS devs have lost out on licence sells with all those players playing the cracked version and those cracked "racers" who have been living in there own bubble for years playing an illegal version off the game think is was going to last well the bad news is everything doesn't last for ever so just live with the face that you have lost you server and move on with your it, if LFS meant that much to those players then just save up and buy the game it might take awhile but other people in your situation in other countries have managed to buy the game.

If you have a pc/laptop/tablet/phone and an internet connection then i don't see paying the price of a game that you have played for to many hours to count out off enjoyment a problem.
Quote from truckloader :Bro you saying this, really confuses me. Through all the hate and cursing I've seen all (not all, just those who dont want to listen are ignorant) the legit players give to those to pereulok players. You want them to come to the legit side. At this point you guys have scared away, pushed aside, *tried* shitting on us and yet you still offer us to come and play legit. No one likes to play with cancerous players. Yeah we cracked it, but never were we attacking one another. After all, we all play the same game. And if you guys really wanted us to play legit, you guys would have been more understanding and more reasonable to understand where we are coming from. Only the one's who are not cold-blooded and not heartless and do care about what we have to say and do get where we are coming from. Look, we know piracy of this game was bad, but did you guys really think it wasnt gonna happen? At least some honest people admit to piracy and its more or less a norm. So i dont see why so much people are getting so butthurt and are attacking us when WE COME IN PEACE FFS. You guys are so hostile.

You mean the people who have been screwing over the game devs and community by pirating and after it's shut down they come to the official forum swearing, threatening to take down serves, demanding discounts and saying it's an old game and it's not worth the money (ok???)
They just come across as self-entitled dicks and it's kind of hard to feel for that kind of people. Even though there is of course exceptions, maybe it's the old 'vocal minority' thing.

But as there is two sides to every penny, i agree that fair few posts from licensed users here went kinda overboard
The countless excuses of the crack users are really pissing me off. Some of them have used the crack for several years and then have the audacity to come on the official forum of that exact game and complain that it's too expensive. Then, they even paint themselves as the victims when the licensed players don't welcome them and their suggestions with open arms. This is just ridiculous. It gets even better when some are saying that we all just want "the best for the future of LFS". How come you didn't have those feelings before when you were ripping off the devs you now suddenly want to support after your cracked servers don't work anymore? Yeah, those feelings seem very sincere.

Quote from franc51 :So you are basically lying yourself. Ok, i got it, lfs players love lfs, i appreciate that. But even if you buy lfs, and you are happy about your licence, it doesn't mean it was a good price, right? OR maybe for some of you it might be a good price because it's not a game, it's an addiction, i don't know. OR, idk. I really can't imagine.

The money I spent on LFS was probably some of the best-spent money of my life. For the low price of 36 pounds (and until a few months ago even less), I had soooo many fun evenings/nights of racing in the last almost 12 years now.
Quote from zeugnimod :The money I spent on LFS was probably some of the best-spent money of my life.

I understand, and i'm happy for you.

But, you guys don't understand us, you don't understand that we love lfs. Scawen, you did a great job, and i congratulate you for that. But please understand that nobody will be the same, if x will pay for it, y won't. So Scawen, next step is to think about a way to sell it better.

This topic should be closed because there's no point on keeping it open if we are arguing uselessly.
Quote from truckloader :...you guys are cursing everyone...

Please define who is:
1. "you guys" and
2. "everyone"

Please point out to specific names if you want to support your case. Because, I for one, did not curse at anyone, for example? And nobody cursed at me too, so please explain yourself.
@zeugnimod Very well said, thank you!

Seriously as I've said before, piracy is illegal. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you can't afford the game, then don't play it and seriously if you're in that financial state you should look for a job rather then play videogames.

There's nothing to talk about here.
Quote from truckloader :And to add to that, cargame.nl, I didn't ask for the money to get it, I asked for them to buy the game for me. But you obviously don't care about what I have to say just like the rest of you.

No, it depends on what you say. I mostly reply to a part of a message but I am reading the whole message... The 12 quid for one track rant gets you minus points, I start replying in a less soft way.. That you work/have worked is good, that you have no control over what you've earned is not good. You shouldn't ask if they can buy game(s) for you, its better to have a discussion about why you don't see any money from your work and when this is going to change. Because it's not a normal situation, you sound like a child slave. Which, in some countries is still normal but where this happens there is no internet so I am a bit puzzled. It's not really a LFS problem though, more a personal problem.
Quote from franc51 :But, you guys don't understand us, you don't understand that we love lfs. Scawen, you did a great job, and i congratulate you for that. But please understand that nobody will be the same, if x will pay for it, y won't. So Scawen, next step is to think about a way to sell it better.

What are you trying to say? That you didn't buy LFS only because you disagree with its business model? You claim to love LFS and if we were all living in a Unicornotopia it might have been enough. However, in the world we actually live in your love and congratulations won't pay ScaViEr's bills or keep the servers running; the money made by selling the licenses will. That is the bottom line of this whole argument which the cracker community doesn't seem to be getting.

Nobody can make you buy the game or prevent you from cracking it but at least show the modicum of common sense and stop trying to justify yourselves in front of people who in a way allowed you to have your fun for free for all that time Pereulok was up. If all of us went with the cracked version, LFS would've probably been abandoned long before even S2 was released. Has that ever crossed your mind?
"Has that ever crossed your mind?"

Implying he has a brain...
Quote :you don't understand that we love lfs

Pardon me sir, but I still see "demo license" under your account, which means amount of LFS love somewhere between 0 to 0.5 (on scale of 10).

Talking is cheap. Show your true love.

(edit: I didn't even play Rockingham yet... don't have HW for LFS, impossible to play on notebook with touchpad, so I bough S3 just to support devs and for "one day, I will play LFS again").
What did i say wrong? Do i deserve to be insulted? I only said my opinion.

Ped7g, maybe you're right, it's an illusion. But i like your way of saying, at least you didn't insult me.

Will someone close this?
Quote from franc51 :Do i deserve to be insulted?

Who insulted you? I really don't see anyone doing that?
However, there's a thing you guys need to understand:
Quote from MadCatX :...your love and congratulations won't pay ScaViEr's bills or keep the servers running; the money made by selling the licenses will. That is the bottom line of this whole argument which the cracker community doesn't seem to be getting.

If you love this game, start saving up some money and buy S2 (the best deal at the moment, in my opinion), that'll do. Mid-quality wheels cost 4 times that amount, so it's not such a big deal, even in countries with low income such as yours and mine. Support the guys who develop this game, join legal community and enjoy it in the years to come.

Without our support, developers would have to stop this already slow development and look for another job, 'because they need to support their families and the game will die.
i love how everyone is fueling the fire
Why not? At least it's warm! Big grin
Quote from sermilan :Who insulted you? I really don't see anyone doing that?

Scroll up. The most important fact is that i really want to buy a licence(not necesairly now, because as i said i can't right now) but how can i do that, if i'm insulted in such a way? Could you possibli do that? What would you say if you would be in my position?
Quote from franc51 :Scroll up. The most important fact is that i really want to buy a licence(not necesairly now, because as i said i can't right now) but how can i do that, if i'm insulted in such a way? Could you possibli do that? What would you say if you would be in my position?

And what position would that be? I assume that you're not new to the Internet where there is trolling, cussing and bullying flying all over every discussion board or comments section that I've ever seen. Please stop trying to look abhorred just because BeNoM made a joke in a bad taste, it's lame. Instead show that you have a big enough personality to dismiss such irrelevant comments - that might actually win you some points around here. On the other hand, moaning about the Internet being the Internet only paints you as a crybaby.
Quote from franc51 :Scroll up. The most important fact is that i really want to buy a licence(not necesairly now, because as i said i can't right now) but how can i do that, if i'm insulted in such a way? Could you possibli do that? What would you say if you would be in my position?

Some things you've said really made no sense. Even I replied to your statement that you were unable to find ANY videos from legal LFS races. I mean, really...

You'll be welcomed to join us, I guarantee you that! Just be normal, realistic, decent guy, that's all.
Quote from MadCatX :And what position would that be? I assume that you're not new to the Internet where there is trolling, cussing and bullying flying all over every discussion board or comments section that I've ever seen. Please stop trying to look abhorred just because BeNoM made a joke in a bad taste, it's lame. Instead show that you have a big enough personality to dismiss such irrelevant comments - that might actually win you some points around here. On the other hand, moaning about the Internet being the Internet only paints you as a crybaby.

Are you really saying that you have to ignore anything anyone says to you? I don't think so. Yes, there are thing you can pass, but there's a limit.

Now, can we talk about something that it's worth talking about?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG