The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
lol indeed, any old backer should get a payment every 3 months for upto 2 years for backing it Smile
so expect up to another 7 payments yet Smile
no all members get a share of the profits for up to 2 years after release, depending on salesSmile
the higher the member, the bigger the share, thats the only difference

juniors €6.12
Team members €15.3
full members €27.54
senior members €61.20.
-
(shmall719) DELETED by shmall719 : double post
I brought it play it and got a refund (not quite there). Would mine count? If it does they will go backwards very fast.
if you asked for a refund then you missed out on the profits Frown
i got a refund for the game £24.99 when it was released to the public and i keep getting these payments. lol
well it as not a refund as such that you got it was profit sharing lol, all members got that, your money back plus 10% profit, this next payment is another 62% Wink

if anyone cancelled there game by asking for a refund, then they miss out on the profits
indeed Wink
I did a lot of testing during beta and actually enjoyed it. When it came close to final my interest dropped to nill as it took a direction I didn't like, physics-wise. It's still a very impressive piece of software but it simply doesn't deliver anymore (for me). AC came along and that's where I am now, still collecting revenue from CARS while going total pizza. Think I have +€80 something and promised my wife we'll spend any profits from this project on good wine. Wont go thirsty for a while Smile
So there is a free demo of sorts available on steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/429180

Vehicles
Huayra
Huayra BC
Zonda Cinque
Zonda R
Zonda Revolucion

Tracks
Nurburgring+Nords combo
Monza GP
Azure Coast

Game modes
Quick Race Weekend
Time Trial

And it is pretty poor to be honest. I've never really been fan of the paganis in any game but in this game they are definitely the worst paganis I've ever driven. Not worst horrible horrible but little bit below everything else. Overall the game drives kinda like a mix of gt6 amd forza. It has the slipperyness of forza while the steering feel of gt6. Ffb imho was not horrible but below average when you compare it to the pc sims. I just turned it down and let it there. It does decent job of self steering overall but it is not detailed in any way.

The driving model feels a lot like snowboarding. You kind of lean through corners. If you get it just right you cut through the snow without shedding off any speed. Get it loose and it is just like snowboarding when you are turning and sliding. Go too fast and you get a small damped jolt of oversteer which is easy to correct. There is a lot of lateral grip when sliding but longitudinally it is far less forgiving. Wheelspin is hard to detect, probably because of the poor sounds. There is no sense of revs in the sounds so it is hard to change gears based on sounds.

And it is buggy. You need to set world camera movement to 100 to make the camera not move. And after I exited the game to windows my pedals started vibrating (my fanatec pedals has the vibrator thingy). Apparently leaving the game was a cue to turn it on...

The screen looks like 30fps while driving even when I turn every most graphics options off (I have gtx970). It is not smooth at all and it almost feels like it is stuttering all the time. In cockpit view it is also pretty laggy but in nose or bumper cam it is kinda drivable. Sounds were surprisingly poor. I was expecting a lot more but the quality of the sound is like poor mp3 quality.

I need to get the lag/stuttering issues fixed, otherwise it is not worth playing at all imho.
From your dissertation, it doesn't sound like it's worth playing at all regardless Razz
Without the stuttering (it's not even stutter, the game just runs like 30fps) and the bugs it is not horrible. But then again that stutter is a huge dealbreaker for me and the pedal issue I had makes me question do I want to risk my hardware to drive it.
well this "payback" thing is wierd.
i never asked for a refund, yet i never got anything, not even the game Frown
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well this "payback" thing is wierd.
i never asked for a refund, yet i never got anything, not even the game Frown

Go onto the pcars forum and make sure you have a paypal address in your profile.

Then PM Vittorio explaining that you've not had any payments yet, unfortunately (i think) there will only be one more in about a years time, but they might be able to give you all you are due in the one payment.

You had to claim the steam voucher for the free game ages ago, so you have missed out on that Frown
Quote from Bean0 :Go onto the pcars forum and make sure you have a paypal address in your profile.

Then PM Vittorio explaining that you've not had any payments yet, unfortunately (i think) there will only be one more in about a years time, but they might be able to give you all you are due in the one payment.

You had to claim the steam voucher for the free game ages ago, so you have missed out on that Frown

hmm. where do i enter my paypal address?
i cant find an entry for that in the settings or so.

oh and about the free voucher...i only got an email at some point, where they gave me a 50% off voucher...but not free.

/EDIT: i do have my paypal email already in....but i cant find any payment...can anyone tell me under what name it gets send (lots of transactions via paypal...)?
so i can confirm that i indeed didnt get anything.

ok, nevermind about everything....
after digging and digging i found out that i actually got something 3 times.
i just never noticed since i dont login often to paypal. whoops.
and since its on sale atm for 12€ i got it...kind of again Big grin
Good stuff Big grin

You should have had 4 payments...Sept and Dec 2015, Feb and Sept 2016.
If you found 3 then I imagine you got all of them, but just didn't notice the other one.
I've had over 110 Euros coming in so far and still a few payments to go. I use the revenue to support quality mods for AC, how ironic Big grin
(except for a few bottles of wine)

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG