The online racing simulator
A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
I remember racing with a lot of the old guard. OLFSL with a sidewinder ff. lol. Gti cups & FZ5 leagues, good times.
(wont mention recent times Taped Shut)
Quote from anttt69 :I remember racing with a lot of the old guard. OLFSL with a sidewinder ff. lol. Gti cups & FZ5 leagues, good times.
(wont mention recent times Taped Shut)

are there still races going on? Every one I try entering has maybe 5 people.
agreed, the only server (racing, not cruise)is cargames s2 and that is only stupid gtr cars Frown i want some lx4 racing!! I miss the busy days!
We need an old timers reunion race. Blast from the past or something.
rich uk, there was some great lx4 racing going on yesterday on cargame. Wink
Quote from anttt69 :We need an old timers reunion race. Blast from the past or something.

Someone should put up an 0.3H7 server for ol' times sake! \(^▽^)/
oh well, just opened today lfs.net only to discover a new update, S3 speaking and some content.. this is off topic but right today another old RTS i loved (Total Annihilation) has been released on steam, so..

Hell I just checked my account to see that I joined back in July 2003. Looking forward to see this phoenix rise again, as my good old Logitech Momo is still rocking enjoying, Dirt Rally Big grin
Anyone remember the name or URL to the old forum before this one? Been a while.....
Quote from Schooner :Anyone remember the name or URL to the old forum before this one? Been a while.....

RaceSimCentral. It's long long long gone though now. I think its latest manifestation was a shitty blog. As for the last LFS Forum (hosted by Scavier), this is one in the same. Same data, just different software handling that data.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :RaceSimCentral. It's long long long gone though now. I think its latest manifestation was a shitty blog. As for the last LFS Forum (hosted by Scavier), this is one in the same. Same data, just different software handling that data.

Thanks. That was it. I remember how glad we all were when Victor started this new one, and LFS World.

Don't see many servers. Just got the email so hoping others will start to show. Guess it's time to grab an S3 license.

Wow this brings back memories. I'm going to go find the "which wheel to buy" thread and post something stupid.
My first lap was in 2007 in BL GP track with the XRT, I was mad that the car cannot drift as I want. Sadly that was in a cracked version.

Three years later I went abroad, was able to afford a legit S2 license by spamming my mom, and now S3 in an instant buy.

Thanks LFS for pulling me into sim racing, till today I still find LFS to be the most "comfortable" simulator on the market. Its FFB is straight forward, settings make sense, graphics is clear and allows me to see tracks clearly, and physics is believable----What else can make a good simulator?
same here...that feeling!
this game is just outstanding.
Quote from FPVaaron :Wow, much time, very memories.

My 10th year LFS anniversary, I feel old, I still remember being 14, in my mums living room begging her to use her credit card to buy me LFS S1. Starting off being a typical first corner crasher at full speed ram. Now abusing anyone who does it. LFS has been apart of me growing up, can't wait for S3.

That is all
Kindest regards,
Aaron

S3 is here dude!
#114 - PjD
It's been a long journey. Almost worth a rare posting on the forums. Wink
Jesus almighty. Post of the year! It took 12 years and S3 to get you to post! Don't get scared and do something stupid like deleting it...
Hi Wave

I started right as S2 demo was released. I think it was released the day after I found LFS. I didn't buy S1 but did the day S2 full version was released.

Just happen to look up the forum here since I got an email from LFS. My wheel is long ago junk. I still have it, or at least it's still in the basement at my old house. Since I have no reason to have it as it's junk I left it with the ex.

Heck, there's still a Thrustmaster T2 sitting in a box which I used with Indycar Racing 2 before LFS.
First license bought: 17-07-2003 Na-na
Devushka was a guy and he was from Ukraine Smile
Crikey, just found this thread while distracting myself from the harsh reality of Christmas shopping.

I stopped playing so much in 2004, I met a girl, she took up a lot of my time and then, in 2005 I got a job away from home working in racing for real (or be it in IT) and won a couple of world championships in 2005 and 2006.

The last 9 years has been spent working in London and living in the same, small house with said girl above. Now, however, we've got married, had a baby and bought a bigger house, one with a man cave so hopefully next year I'll get some time to actually play computer games again. We'll see. Hope everyone from the old days is well and see you all online soon!
Just an FYI, most people from the old days are gone Tongue
But some are still lurking Big grin
Some are sleepingZzzz
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :9 years here, incredible how LFS have changed my lifestyle, even though it is just a computer software, heh

And still it is changing, though only bits, but anyway...

Not have been in LFS that much, but if not every day, then every week. especially when next year arrives.
Sounds like nostalgia is hitting a lot of people...
Quote from MoMo92i :Sounds like nostalgia is hitting a lot of people...

around 2007 I introduced a a friend to LFS, and simracing in general. He went in head first, switched over to IRacing a while later... today he has his own business with Simracing hardware. So it did change some peoples lives.

For me LFS has been retired since 2013. Last hurrah was the forum meet in Wales I attended

A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG