The online racing simulator
A possible bug - now you can place intersecting objects on the ground. Simply place them in the air first, then select all of them and click "place on ground". You will get a blue message saying "Can't add : intersecting object" but they will be placed.
Attached images
objects.jpg
Can't remember the last time I fired up LFS and tbh, didn't think I would again.. but life changes and some things are thrown your way to make you reconsider what makes life tick.. so wondered what had changed within LFS over the past few years (granted content-wise, not much and I have no interest in the VR side of things).. but after grabbing my wheel back off my eldest.. I plugged it in and was pleasantly surprised.

There's still imperfections, but it's a lot better than I remembered from last time.. whilst Rockingham is OK.. the newly improved Westhill (only ran a few tests on National thus far) is great!

The new dedi host improvements over "back in the day" are cool too. Took longer to apt-get install wine on one of my Debian boxes and add the port forwarding on the Draytek router than it did to get it working (much simpler than days gone by).

The AI are still a bit rough, but much improved too.. although getting them to stop hitting the brakes really hard when you pass them within close proximity would be welcomed Wink (yes, I like to play offline games sometimes).

Anyways.. looks like a few of us old dSRC members might be returning for some fun in the near future Thumbs up

Cheers..

Ian
After a simple issue with a dll, I managed to update without problem.

I think I'm in love with the multiple screens feature, works at the perfection and easily (shame that I got a potato pc)!
Quote from Flame CZE :A possible bug - now you can place intersecting objects on the ground. Simply place them in the air first, then select all of them and click "place on ground". You will get a blue message saying "Can't add : intersecting object" but they will be placed.

You could do that with insim layout creators already,so nothing new there. Actually it's good now - I also found this trick now and sometimes it's really neccesary to merge objects.
Of course the message is a bit...unneccesary. Big grin
Minor issue with Start Lights, pressing optimise in the layout editor seems to only optimise the lights for the user who pressed the button instead of everyone. Other players need to reconnect.
Pleased the patch is going well. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from PeterN :Minor issue with Start Lights, pressing optimise in the layout editor seems to only optimise the lights for the user who pressed the button instead of everyone. Other players need to reconnect.

I agree that is quite annoying. Here's some more info.

Guests can also click optimise in SHIFT+U mode. They don't need editing rights. Also if the race restarts, all objects are optimised for everyone.

You can also send an InSim packet that optimises it for everyone. The packet can be empty and just needs the appropriate PMO_ flags set.

I really need to make it fully automated so no-one ever needs to think about the optimise button.
But Scawen, can you make a kind of security to prevent copy Layouts from other servers. Some cruise servers copy a layout from a other server and edit them a bit but then its looks stolen, could you make there a protection for it that only the people who have admin rights can save the layout? This is just a suggestion.
One word : brilliant !
GJ guys !
Thank you for all the hard work!
What can i do with the "Identifier" from the Start Light?
You can control them via insim.
ah ok. I thought i can control them ingame without an insim but ok. Then i need to Update my Insim with this ^^ Thanks.
Quote from Flame CZE :A possible bug - now you can place intersecting objects on the ground. Simply place them in the air first, then select all of them and click "place on ground". You will get a blue message saying "Can't add : intersecting object" but they will be placed.

Don't encourage him, FFS! It's bad enough it does the check in the first place - I have eyes, I know it's intersecting, the fact that I pressed O/M while it was intersecting means I want it to intersect.

(That's faux indignation, BTW, for those who can't tell Wink )

Scawen: Any chance of optionalising, if not removing, the check? Is there a reason for it other than just neatness?
I suppose it's to avoid intersecting physics objects that fly apart madly when touched. That problem doesn't really apply to unmovable objects. But then the question is, why would you want ordinary objects to intersect?
I dont have 1680x1050 60Hz option, only 59Hz ?
It is ok to select the 59 option. It's some wierd Microsoft thing. A slightly odd solution to a genuine slight issue. I can't remember the details but you can google it. Something to do with 59.9 Hz or something (?). Anyway if you select that I think you'll see 60 FPS in game (if you enable vertical sync).
I have 100fps (limit set), but game doesnt look smooth. Dont know what is problem, new lfs version or win 10 upgrade. Il try to change graphics driver...
Quote from Scawen :I suppose it's to avoid intersecting physics objects that fly apart madly when touched. That problem doesn't really apply to unmovable objects. But then the question is, why would you want ordinary objects to intersect?

At least for one reason, which is very, very exploited: to make layouts supersmooth ( less than 6cm )

Sure, it can be done already with objects when they are floating or used to have a Z-factor, but not if when placed on ground. There is still many spots to make objects intersect on ground.

Also, it looks good, when enough skilled person can make layouts look smooth, without a look it intersects. This is also a graphical issue

The another issue is to exploit physics even more, and to have weird anomalies with car physics. Fun rules on this a lot, no sense or logic, but for amusement. For example, I made a layout which did crush cars. I made special layout which takes the car in very small shape.

One reason was before the layout objects did change on concrete, more realistic, the supersmooth intersecting objects did actually prevent cars going fly. This was mostly on racing with layouts.

There is even more reasons to say, but it's good to have an intersect,

Smooth, Fun, Exploit, View
new command for screan shot ?
Quote from Miki D :I have 100fps (limit set), but game doesnt look smooth. Dont know what is problem, new lfs version or win 10 upgrade. Il try to change graphics driver...

Same Problem here. Try to disable FPS lock , then it will run smooth.
Change your password to a load of asterisks Wink
First i want to thank you for new updates. Here is much new to discover. And version 0.6M runs like a clock on my computer. Only thing when i installed to newer version on my PC, were some bugs, but not anything more noticeable. Multiplayer servers looks in my opinion better and i think they will get better. Only thing i`m ``dreaming `` about LFS, has to get a license, at least S1, or S2.( Newest S3 is also very welcome):)Also i want to ask a question, what should not be here, but maybe `` better now, than tomorrow``Big grin
I still want to ask,( haven`t asked yet), to get S1, S2 or S3 license I have to buy the full game, or I have other possibilities also? Really like it, but haven`t still buy or got it!
This thread is closed

New version 0.6M - Rockingham update and many improvements
(125 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG