The online racing simulator
OutGauge misconfiguration. The LEDs will blink until you get first valid OutGauge packet. Don't worry, you're like the 115th person to have run into this...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :got a slight problem as well.
the leds get connected, but the always blink...no matter if im in a menu or if im in a car...what could be the cause?

Are you sure you are editing the correct cfg.txt and that LFS can read the file? I had issues as well, because I wasnt used to setting up LFS under anything newer then Windows XP.
I was taking a look at this mod since I decided to get back into LFS after a considerable hiatus. I thought it was strange that this required a setup script to have the correct RPM for redline. I suppose to be accurate for some people it would need to be individually configurable, but it would be nice to have an automatically configured redline that scrapes the redline from the output. I'd like to go through and see if I could implement that myself, but may not have the time for a while. I would probably take a maximum of the output RPMs and subtract some to get a reasonably close approximation of actual redline. It would be a bit easier than shuffling config files every time you changed your car. Just my $0.02.
Good tool and nice to include source Thumbs up
(At first I too had the problems that "LEDs always blink" but then I read more closely and it worked)
Would be cool to see some more features, for examples pitlimiter = one single blinking light?
Quote from Gutholz :
Would be cool to see some more features, for examples pitlimiter

Pit limiter indication should be already there.
Hm, must do anything special for pit limiter? Or only some cars?
It just continues to show normal RPM. (version 1.99c)
Did you enable it in .cfg file?
( first posts in 10 years for this? Smile )
yes thanks, I had this enabled. (with value 250)
I found it does indeed work, just different than expected:
Only the non-light LEDs flash, I guess so one can still read RPM.
I thought all would flash together.
But when I was driving with 1st gear to 70 and pit limiter there would be no (real visible) flashing because all LEDs were light up from being at max RPM.
So everything working/figured out now Tilt
Hi guys, need a little bit of help.
The LED lights are working perfectly but on the G27 profiler, when you hit max throttle all the LED lights flash yet in game they do not, ive tried reducing the max rpm in the G27LED.cfg file and tried other things but i cant get them to flash, also ive tried starting the LED to light up at 3000rpm instead of 4000rpm in the .cfg but this doesnt work Frown
thanks in advance!!
The only way i can get the LED's to flash is by going in single player and using launch control to increase max rpm, is there a way i can make them flash without using launch control insim??
Are you editing the correct value? It looks like you are changing the first value but what you want is controlled by the second value.
Yes I am inputting the correct new line, for example
Xrg 3500 6900 instead of 4000 7000, made no difference
Can you post your config file? The parsing function for the config isn't exactly brilliant but there is no obvious reason why this wouldn't work. It definitely did work in older versions of the mod.
Hey @MadCatX, did you test the mod on 0.6K LFS? I was using Fanaleds for my G27 to use on rFactor, ETS2 and rFactor 2 and it doesn't work on LFS, neither your mod worked for me, can you please help me? I really want this mod to work Big grin
EDIT: Sorry for bad english.
The mod does not care about what version of LFS you have. Is should work with every version of LFS that uses the "new" OutGauge format.
Quote from marcal_m :Hey @MadCatX, did you test the mod on 0.6K LFS? I was using Fanaleds for my G27 to use on rFactor, ETS2 and rFactor 2 and it doesn't work on LFS, neither your mod worked for me, can you please help me? I really want this mod to work Big grin
EDIT: Sorry for bad english.

Fanaleds works fine with LFS. If it ain't working, and this mod is also having problems, then your InSim port is wrong, check LFS' cfg file.
Quote from Whiskey :Fanaleds works fine with LFS. If it ain't working, and this mod is also having problems, then your InSim port is wrong, check LFS' cfg file.

The insim port isn't in the cfg file, it's entered through lfs or by adding a line to autoexec.
Quote from McGherkin :The insim port isn't in the cfg file, it's entered through lfs or by adding a line to autoexec.

Yup, I meant to say OutGauge.
Hi Hi.

Following on from the Fanaleds thread, I've tried to get the LEDs working with LFS with the new version of the mod. I get the following:

OutGauge socket opened
InSim socket opened
(ERR)ISThr> Error while waiting for IS_VER - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

This is with no other mods running (e.g. LFSLazy, fanaleds etc), and insim 29999 ingame and in the GUI of the LEDs mod.

Insim config (in the cfg) is as follows:
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 5
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

LEDs mod is set to OutGauge port 30000.
No admin password ingame or in the LEDs mod, and the game was launched using the 'Launch LFS' button in the mod.

Game version is 0.6k9 at the moment.

Before I used the new version of the LEDs mod (was using C), it got as far as saying LFS Version: Insim version:0, then an insim packet error, but I can't get that far now with D.
This is the intended behavior. Nonsensical value of InSim version was a result of the mod not checking if the connection was actually opened successfully. Are there any error messages popping up in LFS because the error message returned by the mod suggests that LFS doesn't like the mod for some reason. Can you check that the mod still works with some older version of LFS?
Nothing showing in LFS at all.

I'll dig out a 0.6k install and try that.
Well.

I tried with the base 0.6k and it works.

So I copied my exact cfg.txt from that install into my 0.6k9 install, which should rule out any config errors.

Same error as before.
Are you sure that the problem can't be caused by an overzealous firewall? Some firewalls can detect that an executable has changed and disallow access to the network unless you tell them otherwise. I find it quite odd that the connection seems to drop out right after it's established. I can't recall at the moment but IIRC LFS threw an error when it received a malformed IS_ISI packet.
I can't really see it. Lazy works with LFS fine, no network connectivity issues, and surely the same issue would apply to a fresh install, in which case it wouldn't work on 0.6k.
Hello. I see there's experimental support for G29 now. Leds work as they should but something is messing up with the FF. It's pulling to the left..

G27 LEDs mod [renamed]
(329 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG