The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mbutcher :Most of the square-ended concrete walls are now rounded)

Those were rounded before Tongue

See attachments for things I could spot.
(left - K7, right - K)

Also, the second weather is now "Clear Morning" instead of "Cloudy Afternoon", which looks nice and hazy Big grin
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_7.jpg
It's crazy how some tyre rubber can change the whole look of the track. Much better!
The new weather is nice.

@Martin: They weren't yellow before though right? Tongue

There are new bins too behind the School pits and the main pits.
Bug - clipping yellow things inside the wall here.
Attached images
clipping.jpg
Ok fixed it. You'll get the corrections in the next update.
No dull UK weather anymore Big grin Thumbs up .. Well a bit, overcast afternoon.. But nice like this, less depressive look.

No car park extension to at least make proper use of that car tunnel.. But OK.. fair enough.
nice attempt cargame.nl Big grin

Downloading the 50Mo ...

edit : I love the clear morning !! Beautiful Smile
Quote from Flotch :edit : I love the clear morning !! Beautiful Smile

Yup, it's really nice ! Thumbs up
The new weather sure is pretty.

(No post-processing. Higher resolution attached)
Attached images
RO-Panorama.jpg
I just had to do a few laps before going to sleep, only had time to try clear morning and wow, even without modern shaders it is really beautiful, great work!
Not sure if this is test patch related. I glanced at my LFS client while I was connected to the AI development server, saw several lines of
Quote :GetFinishedObject - Error 1 - Not enough vertex colours

And the lighting went all wonky.
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
Where is option "Haze effect" in graphics options menu? In 0.6J it exist, in 0.6k and above is missing
Quote from NotAnIllusion :And the lighting went all wonky.

That is strange. Was that at Kyoto? It seems like some kind of memory corruption. Can you make it happen again? Can you remember selecting any options or pressing any keys before that happened? Was it ok when you first joined and then this happened after a while?

Quote from Lexanom :Where is option "Haze effect" in graphics options menu? In 0.6J it exist, in 0.6k and above is missing

That option has been removed.
Clear morning looks nice indeed. It gives me that kind of warmup session feeling. At the same time I am disappointed to see that it replaced my favourite weather conditions. Frown
This makes my lap times even worse as I sit gawping at the pretty scenery. Great work Eric Smile

Just waiting for the sun to rise and clear the haze for a nice clear day, heading into a nice dusk... Please make this happen Smile
@Scawen it would be cool if you did the animation shift driver. Users will appreciate OculusRift
Quote from Scawen :That is strange. Was that at Kyoto? It seems like some kind of memory corruption. Can you make it happen again? Can you remember selecting any options or pressing any keys before that happened? Was it ok when you first joined and then this happened after a while

- It was at Kyoto.
- Can't reproduce.
- Can't remember doing anything that would have caused it.
- Forgot to save replay
- Initially it was fine, it happened after a while.
- It fixed itself when the race was ended and a different track environment was loaded.
- The client version at the time was *K6*, not 7, just to clarify.
- I'll definitely try to get more info if it happens again.

Specifically, it happened while the LFS window wasn't in focus. I had left the game client connected to SRS:TestingGrounds in the background, while I was doing other things like browsing the web. No way to tell exactly what I was doing at the time. Maybe it has something to do with the new handling of window when it's not in focus?

At one point I had a brief look at the LFS window to find the error messages and the corruption. Nothing more I can say about it at this time.
It's probably not related to K7, but here you can see a thin line at the top of the sign texture, and on the right of the back side.
Attached images
lfs_00001137.jpg
lfs_00001136.jpg
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Specifically, it happened while the LFS window wasn't in focus.

Thanks for the info. A couple more questions to help me try to reproduce it.
1) Was LFS minimised at the time when it was not in focus, or was it in a window?
2) Is it possible the host changed lighting or track environment while LFS was not in focus?
1) I would say windowed, not minimised.
2) Changed lighting in the same environment, very unlikely. Changed track enviroment, possibly. Various tracks and cars were used while I was connected.
This probably isn't high priority but it seems to me the KY2 PTH file is outdated. In my data/smx/KY2.pth was modified 7/1/2005 but you can see from these screenshots it doesn't match the current track/smx data. I have plenty of other tracks to keep the driver entertained, but thought you'd like to know. The corner is the second left off the oval if you were running KY2R.

The red line is not the line provided from the PTH files, I only use the PTH files to get the left/right edge of the track, blue and green lines in these shots.
Attached images
20160122121253_screenshot.png
20160122115654_screenshot.png
20160122115046_screenshot.png
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Clear morning looks nice indeed. At the same time I am disappointed to see that it replaced my favourite weather conditions. Frown

Agree. Clear morning looks very nice but I miss Cloudy Afternoon, it had a great English feel - not that the new one doesn't have it Smile It would be great to have both.
No collisions with the podium
Attached images
nocollision.jpg
Quote from MandulAA :Agree. Clear morning looks very nice but I miss Cloudy Afternoon, it had a great English feel - not that the new one doesn't have it Smile It would be great to have both.

+1, any more content is welcome, I don't understand why you would make something work perfectly fine and then throw it away.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG