The online racing simulator
"Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released."

Buyer beware
Second new track after 8 years. Well you didn't have to pay for the remake of Westhill...
How long has it been there?
Attached images
scirocco.jpg
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :How long has it been there?

Long, sure, but if you read you will find why ...
Anyway, seeing the recent releases, and considering that according to Scawen that now his high priority is physics, I guess we can plan to have the Scirocco in a not so long amount of time Tongue
Quote from misiek08 :New track after 8 years and we need to pay? Nice!

Scirocco with S4, in 2024.

I hope S3 will include more content. No upgrade for now...

She will in s1 after release new physics.
Quote from Flotch :if you read you will find why ...

I'd love to, but I sure don't have the patience to search all around the forums Big grin
aanrus answer is the one Smile
Oh, I knew that already but I didnt understood why is it 'included' in the game. If you can see the model with CMX loader, doesn't mean its there somewhere? Meh, its irrelevant anyway. Not like we can hack it and drive it Big grin
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Oh, I knew that already but I didnt understood why is it 'included' in the game. If you can see the model with CMX loader, doesn't mean its there somewhere? Meh, its irrelevant anyway. Not like we can hack it and drive it Big grin

Haha no, LFS and LFS Viewer are different, so one doesn't affect the other. I think it was just put in LFS Viewer so we could all rush and make skins for it.

It would be nice to get an update to LFS Viewer though, so it has the new shaders for better screenshots.
(Irrelevant) My first post in 2016!!!
First, happy new year.

Quote from Scawen :
A programmer could use these to produce a DLL that works with 0.6.....

You mean a programmer like you?
Thumbs up

Ok thanks for the info.
For now I prefer to be able to play HL2VR with my Hydras and will stay on 0.6.
I thought there is maybe a easy way to use Steam VR for it as I do with Half Life 2 or Elite Dangerous.
At the moment I don't want to switch between runtimes every time, but maybe new LFS content will make this more attractive in the future Big grin
Yes, a programmer like me, but not me. I have too much important work to do, so can't spend time coding for individual people just so they can use an obsolete version of the Rift SDK, purely because other software developers can't be bothered to update their software.

Yes, you may be able to use Steam VR, if you can with other games. Try selecting the OpenVR option in LFS.
this just gets my nipples hard thinking new tire physics is that much closer Omg omg omg
Already had dreams where I was playing LFS with the new tire model. Felt great Tongue
In the lessons-editor it is not possible to select open configs?

There is a way to still select layouts for open config:
Simply not selecting a track Wink and it shows the full list of layouts. The editor still allows to save the lesson.
But then if you try to play that lesson it says
"Error - File not found:"
and skips to next lesson.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, a programmer like me, but not me. I have too much important work to do, so can't spend time coding for individual people just so they can use an obsolete version of the Rift SDK, purely because other software developers can't be bothered to update their software.

Smile That rates as an awesome sys admin response to a (l)user request, and it's from a programmer !!!

Quote from Racer X NZ :Smile That rates as an awesome sys admin response to a (l)user request, and it's from a programmer !!!

High five, man!
Quote from Scawen :Yes, a programmer like me, but not me. I have too much important work to do, so can't spend time coding for individual people just so they can use an obsolete version of the Rift SDK, purely because other software developers can't be bothered to update their software.

Yes, you may be able to use Steam VR, if you can with other games. Try selecting the OpenVR option in LFS.

WTF...
This was only a question, don't need to be frustrated.
I have only asked because you already made some DLL Files or something else in the past for different versions. You posted it here and in Oculus Forum and I read it, that's it.
It was not an request for coding something individual for me.
Sorry for asking.

Back to my question and what I have done now.
SteamVR can be downgraded in settings to an older version of the beta that works with 0.6, takes only few seconds.
In this point SteamVR seems to be more flexible then oculus and can connect to different versions and use it.

Have a nice day.
I finally got to seriously trying to drive at Rockingham over the weekend, and my initial impression is that I love the non smooth surfaces that Rockingham has Smile I feel like it's something unique in LFS to this track. Bouncing around in turn 4 of the oval is awesome Smile
Quote from cogent :WTF...
This was only a question, don't need to be frustrated.
I have only asked because you already made some DLL Files or something else in the past for different versions. You posted it here and in Oculus Forum and I read it, that's it.
It was not an request for coding something individual for me.
Sorry for asking.

No problem, I didn't know if you were a programmer or not. I did go and prepare and upload those DLL projects in response to your original question, in case there was a programmer. I supposed it was clear that I didn't want to spend time on it myself.

Quote from cogent :Back to my question and what I have done now.
SteamVR can be downgraded in settings to an older version of the beta that works with 0.6, takes only few seconds.
In this point SteamVR seems to be more flexible then oculus and can connect to different versions and use it.

Thanks for the info. To be clear, does this mean you were able to use the Rift, through the OpenVR option in LFS? I am asking because I have never seen this. My SteamVR doesn't seem to notice the Rift in any way.
Quote from Scawen :...I supposed it was clear that I didn't want to spend time on it myself.

Thanks for the info. To be clear, does this mean you were able to use the Rift, through the OpenVR option in LFS? I am asking because I have never seen this. My SteamVR doesn't seem to notice the Rift in any way.

Yes it was clear, that's because I used a smiley.

No, I mean that different.
I can now use runtime 0.7 and for HL2 I can downgrade the SteamVR beta version to v1446847085 in settings. Did not know that this is possible.

But using the Rift with SteamVR can work. Elite Dangerous for example does not support the Rift directly, you can only run it using SteamVR (or the older runtime 0.5). They stopped direct Rift support after runtime 0.6 release and since them it only works on the Rift using SteamVR.
Test Patch 0.6K3 is available for download!
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821

Changes from 0.6K2 to 0.6K3 :

New button on game setup screen to clear single player start grid
Hold CTRL+SHIFT to show viewed car's player name beside time / fps
Hidden object removal is disabled when car is high above the track
Traction control can no longer be switched on if disabled in setup
Handbrake can no longer be used in single seater cars while moving

Fixes :

Colour adjusters looked wrong in Interface and Display options
Floating text above a lagging car was drawn without transparency
Test Patch 0.6K4 is available : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821

Fixes :

Command line command /adminslots was broken in K2 and K3
Remote cars caused handbrake warning spam when leaving pits
A warning is now shown if a car starts in a point outside the path
One button look amount was doubled in axis, mouse and TrackIR look
Blank number plate on joining race after watching an instant replay
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch 0.6K4 is available : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821

Fixes :

Command line command /adminslots was broken in K2 and K3
Remote cars caused handbrake warning spam when leaving pits
A warning is now shown if a car starts in a point outside the path
One button look amount was doubled in axis, mouse and TrackIR look
Blank number plate on joining race after watching an instant replay

This sucks! Yeah. I finally broke down set up this computer I got before Christmas. I'm getting burnt out on computers. Finally got around to re installing software and now I discover y'all finally release "S3". In fact, it's been out a few weeks already.... Well I'm right in the middle of a zillion things at once so it might take a few days - no more like a month to buy the upgrade. Going on vacation. Who knows? Maybe y'all throw something else in by then?
Yeah. I would've bought everyone that didn't have an S3 upgrade one today, but the girl at work bought the wrong numbers again. So blame her.
I'll probably get it in a couple of hours.
.....could you model quad copters with LFS physics? You wouldn't have to worry about tire physics.....
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG