The online racing simulator
Thank you for this update, but guys if make us pay for S3 license you should atleast put one car with that track, because now with this upgrade is really frustrating... another 12 pounds for one track... not even Scirocco or some car with this package... I will buy this License only when i see that you really respect us and add more content. Only then i will buy this upgrade.
$25 AU for one track with no guarantee that we'll ever see any other content.

Yeah, no.. I don't think so.
This is ridiculous.

S2 member since 2008, I had big hope for the Scirocco but most importantly for the NEW TIRE MODEL.

Now after 7 years of silence Scawen remembers he needs money lol and charges 16€ for a track made in 2008 and no tire model upgrade, no other content, nothing.

Sorry guys, LFS was my first sim, I just loved it, but atm there is no point to invest more money on this project.
Yeap same here, Member since 2007 was waiting so long for new updates to come out and all I see after 7 years of work is one new track for 16.5 euro? Are you really kidding me? This game has no future with this attitude. I rather spend my money buying asseto corsa than I pay 16.5e for one new track which will become boring in a month. Let other people make official mods or this game is dead.
It’s been a while ...
It’s been a while since the usual Xmas updates of LFS made people happy.
And even so I’m personally not totally amazed by just one new track, it’s a least something. And compared to other titles where you need to rent your cars and can’t even play it offline when not paying, it’s not that much money that you need to spend for LFS S1/S2/S3.

Mostly because of the good times and great memories and fun me and my team had in the past 11 years with LFS, we at Triple7Racing will continue to support LFS with buying S3 licenses. Even so we know that most of our competitors or Teams we had great battles with, have left LFS over the years or abolished themselves, and lots of the racers we knew and many of our team members have left or are only checking the forums here from time to time.

We at T7R also spend more time with other Sims like AC right now, but we still have hope that the LFS developing concentrates now again more on the needs of the majority of sim racers, instead of spending years with implementing niche things like oculus rift /3D support.

So thank you for the update and Merry Xmas.
Quote from Scawen :Hi, here is my explanation for that:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1898514#post1898514

"Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released."
quote from the frontpage

So you dont know really? it might come and it might not, like the past 7+ w/e years..
you sir are full of shit, and i think you are only trying to regain the money you lost on laserscanning the track (or whatever) ive followed your forum posts and they do not give any assurance in your progress. (even telling how far progress is seems to be to much)
In hope of a more active future in Live for Speed's world I purchased S3, thank you for the update.

The attention to detail is very good on the new track but I guess most of it was ready years ago.

I found floating lights when I selected the National config in open configuration mode, see attached screenshot.
Attached images
lfs_00000062.jpg
I'm wondering if anyone tests the AI.

AI in the FO8 are unable to complete a short race at the oval without crashing.
I see Dawesdust is out of Time out...
A lot of negativity in this thread, and I completely understand it. I only go as far back as S2, but I've been waiting a long time for more updates too.

However, for some people this game is new. One of them is my 50+ year old dad, who's only in his first year of racing sims (and any video games at all), and he loves LFS the most so far. He has also done an actual Rockingham track day before, so this will actually be a nice Christmas gift for him.

He's gone from feeling motion sickness watching anyone play anything on TV, to spending literally an hour or more without a break in a DK2, driving around South City Classic with an LX6, restarting it every time it runs out of fuel.
None of the other racing sims could offer anywhere near the same DK2 experience and level of motion comfort on his spec of PC.

And the development funding for that was included in S2 content I bought years ago.

I wish there was more content launching as part of S3, but I hope the recent momentum continues and gains pace, and am more than happy to pay £12 for what's been added in recent history.
Quote from G13Haze :So you dont know really? it might come and it might not, like the past 7+ w/e years..
you sir are full of shit, and i think you are only trying to regain the money you lost on laserscanning the track (or whatever) ive followed your forum posts and they do not give any assurance in your progress. (even telling how far progress is seems to be to much)

Of course he can't offer any guarantees. Nothing in life is guaranteed.
Scawen is just making it clear that if you choose to, you are buying the first S3 content 'as is'. This is being up front with people. The exact opposite of being 'full of shit'

Now crawl back into your hole.
There is so much more bigger things in life to worry about, let us just give thanks to the developers for releasing a long awaited track. New cars and tire physics will come when they are ready.

Thank you Scawen, Eric and Victor for your hard work.
-
(DMD) DELETED by DMD : old , change of mind
Not sure what people are crying on about anyway.

S2 licensed; you got what you paid for, enough enjoyment for the last five years. RO was never targeted for S2 so that can't be it
S3 licensed; welcome the future. If you don't want to welcome the future... Thats fine. Look elsewhere o/
Quote from TheNoobisonFire :I see Dawesdust is out of Time out...

Yes, calm and rational discussion is now a ban-able offense.

Time to shitpost I suppose.
Will gladly buy the S3, the amount of value i have gotten from the game is stunning compared to the ~20-30e cost.

Subscribtion based it would be way over 1k, supporting the developement and finally getting new stuff. Should be nothing to complain about! Smile

Thank you and Merry Xmas Smile
hahahah i cant believe so many ppl bought s3 already.. and i will crawl back into my hole, its called asseto corsa, for real this community is so stupid i cant believe it. i bet asseto corsa has a scirocco before lfs does huahauauaha

thx scawen for your hard work HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
im falling of my chair of laughter

btw uninstall gl&hf and dont forget to pay for high ress skin downloads all. Big grin Big grin Big grin
Quote from G13Haze :hahahah i cant believe so many ppl bought s3 already.. and i will crawl back into my hole, its called asseto corsa, for real this community is so stupid i cant believe it. i bet asseto corsa has a scirocco before lfs does huahauauaha

thx scawen for your hard work HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
im falling of my chair of laughter

btw uninstall gl&hf and dont forget to pay for high ress skin downloads all. Big grin Big grin Big grin

You are aware people can enjoy multiple sims? LFS and AC offer different things. Sure they may overlap in some aspects, but they are separate games. AC will never offer the same multiplayer experience that LFS can, as Kunos is incapable of making a good decision when it comes to engine design it seems.

I haven't really seriously played LFS since the last season of LFSCART, but I do see that LFS is at least getting some progress in "the right direction". Some content is better than no content, and the work that's been done to the graphics engine like real-time reflections along with modern HLSL shaders do bring the potential to LFS' graphics engine.
Too little,too late. Sorry Scawen, Victor, Eric.

Played during the beta and up to a few years after s2 release but got old, got a job, moved into house etc etc since then.

Seems like a long time to model a track.

To those still playing though, enjoy I guess.
From my own perspective and from those that actually do race off and online and that actually have used S3 guess what? It is just as much fun as its always been, and Rockingham is a welcome addition and quite unique for LFS.
I race AC Pcars DiRT and when I have time play & many other games, all are fantastic in their own right just like LFS.
I don't play WoW, or Iracing for many reasons, should I go there and have a go at the development team and community cos I don't play or enjoy it?
What makes this release special for me in similar vein to what EeekiE said, I myself am looking to get a trackday @ Rockingham next year on my bike with some friends and family so this news and opportunity is such a bonus Smile
I think its brave choice to release S3 and welcome further updates regardless, don't let the negativity get to you Thumbs up
Now if you could just add some motorbikes devs +1

life is but a dream to fulfil Nod
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm wondering if anyone tests the AI.

AI in the FO8 are unable to complete a short race at the oval without crashing.

i play a little with the ia and now its seem that they are aware that you are racing with them, the bots still drives on rails, but not ram you when you are next to them.
Thank you Scawen, Eric, and Victor for your years of dedication.

Loving the release. Trying all of the configurations is a blast. My lap times suck though, I keep having to stop and ask directions.

Glancing through the thread, you guys should just buy it and try it. You want more content? Show some support, buy S3, and it will come.

It's been a decade, you would think some of these kids would have learned some manners by now. Smile
Not sure whats going on here, but it looks like I can't buy it. I can asure you I'm selecting the right card type, which is Maestro. I have previously bought off internet stuff with it so I don't think that's the problem. Help?
Attached images
maestro.jpg
Awesome! Will have to get my license upgraded ASAP.
Thanks for the christmas present. Just upgraded to S3. No, Rockingham is not worth 17,12 EUR for me. But the last years of fun definitely is and this gives me the chance to pay back a little and at the same time pave the road for an interesting future.

I dont see the anger of so many people. If it touches you so emotionally what LFS does, you should consider playing it more Wink

I myself will go back to play AC Nordschleife in BMW E30 DTM and 190 EVO DTM with my pals. Yes, Multiplayer is shit compared to LFS... I have to leave the server to change my car, I have to leave the server to change controls, I have to restart my server to change a track... even so I am admin. So... each sim has its upsides and downsides Smile

Thanks Scavier for the surprise.
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG