The online racing simulator
Bye cargame.nl [now back]
(104 posts, closed, started )
The end will be when to disconnect the master server.
Thanks Scawen!
#28 - RedJ
Wtf Frown
SAVAGE Multiclass Racing is now public, with some basic AIRIO settings, track rotation and road cars except UF1. Server was unused anyway, so why not use it for something. Shrug

GTR / GT2 seem to be overused, there is a GTI and FOX server already, so that's why I chose these cars.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/87393
Great initiative, Flame. GTR's are overused, they are rather boring to drive. Road cars are the way to go!
Sorry to see it go. Was one of the last places I raced regularly.

Thanks for hosting as long as you did CG, had some great racing!

I'll keep an eye out for that server Flame, I love TBO/LX/LRF racing.
GG...
If this for real, the least we can do is being thankful for what he (Dave) did.

Like him or not, and although most of us would never meet him in flesh you can't deny his devotion for it (as everyone who contributed to make it last so this long).

If you think Dave or Scavier deserve to be blamed there, sorry to be crude but you have to be mad.

Thanks & sorry, but someone has to stop this sh*t.
Really? Oh man, so many good and bad times to recall.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :If this for real, the least we can do is being thankful for what he (Dave) did.

Like him or not, and although most of us would never meet him in flesh you can't deny his devotion for it.

If you think him or Scavier deserve to be blamed there, sorry to be crude but you have to be mad.

Thanks & sorry, but someone has to stop this sh*t.

I just totally approve, cargame.S2 was the only server I knew I'll find people ready to race on it, which had a lot more skill than me and make me discover the real pleasure in LFS (and not only drift and demo servers).
Well, of course it's a pity that cargame.nl S2 is offline but anyways I'm sure some other servers will take over, not sure though if it will be the XRG/XFG S2 Server, those guys would need to offer a car rotation as well cause driving the same car over month is gettin' a lil bit boring from time to time.

But I also have to say: At first I wasn't a big fan of iRacing because I founded the system of paying for each car and track pathetic. Now after 2 month of testing it and getting to a Class B license I can surely say: There is nothing to compare at the moment. It is surely the best racing simulation nowadays although many people can't deal with the fact of paying for the content. And LFS can't compete with it anymore, we have to face it. Cargame was one of the most successful S2 servers ever and now it's gone...
Kudos to Dave, takes commitement to stick around for so long. 5+ years is pretty big in simracing terms. Had some good racing thereThumbs up
#38 - Be2K
i really appreciate this step from dave. i hope that LFS dies now in peace.

There isnt much activity left in LFS and if scavier even still travels with the "we made everything 110% perfect"-train then they wont wake up and get things finally out.
Damn, Didn't see this coming..., Best of lucks dave anywhere you go
If anyone wants a standard LFS server with FOX, without airio and just simple user can select track stuff, I could easily host that.

Infact, if someone would like to have a racing server on LFS WITH or without Airio (when he has the knowledge on how make it work with Airo), I would gladly offer 1 or 2 LFS dedicated hosts!

Just PM me!
Quote from rockclan :If anyone wants a standard LFS server with FOX, without airio and just simple user can select track stuff, I could easily host that.

(FM) FoX JuNkieS :P
Quote from R@fiXII :
Notice how many of them is Turkish and on turkish "servers"

There are currently 1092 racers online in LFS. (680 Demo - 412 Licensed)
Now more are involved s2 servers than before CG Smile
Tnx Dave & guys for all of your time, money and energy you spent on this incredible project. It was pleasure to be one of the participants, I enjoyed it very, very, very much.

Best of luck! Thumbs up
It was a great ride, Dave. I think now you should take a rest, you really deserve it, you have done a tremendous work for the community! I remember the days when I was in team Cargame.nl, it was a pleasure and I enjoyed it. Cargame also was a great place for me to practice my racing skills when I first started out - I remember the good old days when me and Nilex did some racing there under the mighty [FU] tag! I still have some screenshots on my HDD from the days when I used to really race on cargame Smile
Why they shut down Cargame.nl? I'm too bored to find it out myself.
Quote from Be2K :i really appreciate this step from dave. i hope that LFS dies now in peace.

How about connecting to a different server..or maybe start your own with the tracks & cars you like the most ?
Surely that would be much better then one hoping it dies peacefully.
It has been amaizing years driving with you guys, tons of fun and great racing i will never forget Smile

I quess every good thing must come to an end at some point, just very sad to see it happened already :/

Big thanks to everyone i've had pleasure to race with these past years!

~Frozeni
Good Riddance.

All Cargame seemed to do for the last 2-3 years was be a bitter twat about absolutely everything.
That's a pity if it's true. Sad timing as I'm sure the new Westhill update is going to provide a lot of fun. I'm adding a lot more good support for the custom configs system and Cargame.nl was one server that made some good use of open configs, which recently became practical.
Im still missing CTRA servers..
This thread is closed

Bye cargame.nl [now back]
(104 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG