The online racing simulator
lol dec 2010. I think someone misunderstood the definition of "progress".
Spoke with my accountant today regarding this, and he's paid to read the latest stuff. No change for NZ, no company is doing anything different and, in his words, "VAT is payable at the border on import, if it's not picked up at the border .........."
"European tax law affects Europeans, provided we are seen as following NZ law then it's really not our problem"

Probably why I employ him ! He's also part of a large NZ accountancy firm so I'd expect that they'd know given their other clients.

We can set up a shell LFS company here cheaply !

19% to 27% savings per sale to European buyers, Plus the compliance costs, Just do the math .......
And NZ GST isn't payable on overseas sales. In NZ we don't care where you are from if your buying our IT Goods or Services. We don't even need to ask. Just an email address to send the key. And a country to claim back GST, just to prove it's a non NZ purchaser. GST here is 15% so even if you don't do a claim back, your still ahead, wot with the NZ$ value and all that.

As far as we are concerned, all our clients will pay their own countries tax requirements as everyone is a legal bunney and would never avoid their personal tax requirements.
That's said with a straight face too.......

And business information is confidential and would require a legal challenge from an (each) individual country to succeed in a NZ court to get any such information. And even then, that's the individuals issue, not the NZ companys. As this has nothing to do with NZ tax law.

Whatever the EU decides, we require a change to NZ law to give a legal phuq !

Thankfully, we still don't have the TPPA, or 'New World Order' running things yet.

And, we all know that the EU has redefined insanity as the 'new truth' After all, making a ruling that it is illegal to claim that water can prevent dehydration, preventing 'bendy' bananas or cucumbers, deciding prunes were not a laxative, diabete's suffer's would be banned from driving (Really, that's the law) and so on.
Quote from Racer X NZ :"European tax law affects Europeans, provided we are seen as following NZ law then it's really not our problem"

Well if you trust your account on this and do business to EU you can say goodbye to all big business' that actually know the laws and directives and follow them to the letter.

I'm not entirely sure what EU can do to any non-EU companies who say "not our problem".

Before christmas here one record store got fined because their cash register was still on DST and the receipts were too narrow and 4 letters of their full registered official business name got cut off the receipt. Not paying moneys the tax office is due, will be dealt much harshly.
Essentially this suggests that the EU are attempting to collect taxes from people who are not their citizens. I'm pretty sure that the 'powers that be' haven't thought about what that really means.
#356 - col
Quote from Racer X NZ :

People who cheat the tax system by exploiting loopholes like the one you are suggesting are parasites. Not only do they avoid paying a fair share of the cost of maintaining the infrastructure that supports them, they also provide politicians with excuses to implement ever more restrictive and punitive laws. The new tax rules that are giving Scawen a headache are case in point - they would never have happened if there weren't so many tax avoiding leaches stealing from us in the first place.
Scawen, did you ever manage to get a pause function added to script?
Just hope there will be an endurance race with the GTR cars on the new Westhill. Maybe 6 hours or so Smile
In the list an update on BF1 design?
Quote from henri-sanfer :In the list an update on BF1 design?

Doubt it. the BF1 is specifically the 2006 BMW Sauber F1 car.
Quote from col :
Quote from Racer X NZ :

People who cheat the tax system by exploiting loopholes like the one you are suggesting are parasites. Not only do they avoid paying a fair share of the cost of maintaining the infrastructure that supports them, they also provide politicians with excuses to implement ever more restrictive and punitive laws. The new tax rules that are giving Scawen a headache are case in point - they would never have happened if there weren't so many tax avoiding leaches stealing from us in the first place.

Hello, real world calling......

In NZ we are following NZ tax law, there is no tax avoidance as everything is done conforming to OUR law.
There is also no issue HERE with any company registering HERE and following OUR tax laws.

I have no idea what fantasy world your living in that states WE must follow every law passed by some third world tin pot regime. Or do you think that your laws are the only ones that should be followed and no other countries have any sovereign independence ?.

DREAM ON !!!!!!!!!
(That was the polite response)

The world is a global economy, there is nothing that stops a company having it's registered office in any country it chooses and conforming to that countries tax laws, that's business, and if the EU wants to screw itself then why bother conforming to it's ever more ridiculous business requirements when a company can easily base itself in a country that actually is interested in it (the company) being there and conducting it's business there ?

Quote from Gunn :Essentially this suggests that the EU are attempting to collect taxes from people who are not their citizens. I'm pretty sure that the 'powers that be' haven't thought about what that really means.

Exactly, In NZ we are not EU citizens and while EU law affects people/companies in the EU, the EU doesn't rule the rest of the world (yet) and until it does the EU has no say over our tax law.

Whilst the non elected EU Bureaucrats have decided that no EU country is a Sovereign State any longer and you are all ruled by the non elected EU Bureaucrats, that farcical mandate doesn't exist here.

Bow down and worship your new Rulers.....

But Britain is no longer a sovereign nation. At midnight last night, we ceased to be an independent state, bound by international treaties to other independent states, and became instead a subordinate unit within a European state.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100018459/at-midnight-last-night-the-united-kingdom-ceased-to-be-a-sovereign-state/
-
(col) DELETED by col : meh... life is too short to argue with fools
For anyone who is interested, we have written a log of our experiences trying to register for VAT MOSS:
www.lfs.net/vatmoss
Actually, this VAT-I-dont-really-know-or-care-about-this problem is getting me tired.
I hoped for a new Westhill and new shadows system, with a new path system (3 of the currenly most obvious issues with LFS), and it's always reported.
Quote from nacim :Actually, this VAT-I-dont-really-know-or-care-about-this problem is getting me tired.
I hoped for a new Westhill and new shadows system, with a new path system (3 of the currenly most obvious issues with LFS), and it's always reported.

Well I guess that being on the right side of the law is more important...
Thanks, updated that link and added the next failed attempt to enrol.

It's very frustrating for us, of course. This isn't how I want to spend my days.

I used to respect the tax authorities but now I think they are totally incompetent idiots.
Welcome to the European union! Smile
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, updated that link and added the next failed attempt to enrol.

It's very frustrating for us, of course. This isn't how I want to spend my days.

I used to respect the tax authorities but now I think they are totally incompetent idiots.

I suggest crossposting to http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport, it will at least provide a laugh for over 200,000 techs who deal with this type of incompetence everyday. Smile

Seriously though, you'll be finding that many EU companies will be moving offshore, the net result will be they will no longer be paying tax in the EU because there's no point in continuing to do business if their based there.

Why should they bother being EU based, what's the advantage ?, the role of any business/company is to make money for it's shareholders/owners. If they can make far more money by relocating their registered office to another country then they will.

If the EU can't even manage to advise Companies of their tax requirements, and then, I fully expect, penalise them for not following these requirements, what company will bother with this type of system.?

And, for you Brit's, you are no longer British, you are now EU citizens and your laws and tax laws are decided by non elected EU bureaucrats. So it's no surprise that even the UK tax authorities have no idea what's going on. Probably they haven't been told !

Remember, if you have Diabetes you can no longer drive in the EU ! And that law came in in 2011, Didn't you know ?

Experts claim the ‘unnecessarily strict’ changes will affect hundreds of thousands who have been driving for decades without problems.
They say the rules amount to a blanket ban on diabetics taking insulin who occasionally have ‘hypos’ – episodes of hypoglycaemia, or low blood sugar, which may cause blackouts if not countered with a sugary snack.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2028152/Million-drivers-face-losing-licence-EU-diabetes-diktat.html

After all, you all voted for the Lisbon Treaty that set up this system didn't you ! ROFL !
That's awesome ! Thank you, but, I'm failing to see a conspiracy, or in fact, a theory.

Perhaps you could show me what they are ?

Read this please, https://www.lfs.net/vatmoss/, when you have finished laughing then try posting again.

I really feel for what you (Scrawen, and in fact all other companies in the same position) are going through and I really hope that this gets sorted before you get stung for penalties for not obeying EU tax laws. And you should have been compliant for 4 days now !
Remember, ignorance or inability to follow the law is no excuse for not following the law !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)
"They don't have to show us Catch-22," the old woman answered. "The law says they don't have to."
"What law says they don't have to?"
"Catch-22".
It certainly doesn't take a doctorate in finances to know that practically everything Racer X is saying is true. Laws are laws and you're utterly ignorant if you really think big businesses are paying attention to tax law letter for letter. Large corporations quite literally thrive off of exploiting loopholes in legislation. That's why they hire analysts by the droves. With that being said, I'm all for LFS operating as a ghost in another country. What it boils down to is ultimately convenience for the customer - I think I'd much rather have an easier and cheaper way to obtain LFS legally than fuss and moan about who's following what tax law from which country.
of course he is right ... in some ways ... but in the end, his vision will result in the creation of multiple "europes" in the world : by preaching the lack of patriotism for the country wich you belong, you simply give less 'power' to it, and allow bigger entities to take the hand, like it is the case in Europe. Creating companies, even big ones, is not necessarily "only" for your own wealth, you may have a bigger vision for your country and the people that will live thanks to it.
Anyway, liberalism and free-trading are the only words that some understand nowadays, whatever the cost, while the benefit is for their single little person Wink ... no-body can judge, simply note.
Hey, here is an idea. How about this post gets renamed to "Live For Speed, $2, Super banking edition."
The trouble is that he assumes everyone else is as stupid as he is, so rather than make a point and allow people to read it, and make a decision, it just goes on and on and on. It just looks desperate: "PLEEEAASSE COME AND INVOLVE NEW ZEALAND SOMEHOW AND THEN I'LL BE SUCH A HERO!!! YOU HAAAVVEE TOOOO!!!!".

<Insert trademark stupid picture here>

<and here>
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG