The online racing simulator
LOL Terga, "DALE CAMPEON ACCELERAAA!!!"

WARNING! Please read the following before clicking on the link to the image below.

The image linked below is of a satirical and humorous letter which appeared in a newspaper. The title of the letter is "Playing football like a girl". However, fear not, for this letter does not in fact contain any sexist or misogynistic content (as an aside, if you read the title of the letter and presumed "like a girl" was used in a pejorative sense you might be sexist). That sort of content has no place on the Live for Speed forum, where all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sense of humour or any other factor are to be treated equally.

The title of the letter and the first paragraph, if read in isolation and taken out of context, could, possibly, be interpreted as being sexist or misogynistic. However, the clever twist in the letter is that the author is not saying that women can't play football. The author is contrasting the sense of "fair play" which is often found in women's football with the general atmosphere of winning at all costs which appears to be inherent in the English Premiership league. Now, those of you who are especially attuned to potential sexism might question the content of this letter. You might, for example, interpret the letter as being sexist against men, since all players in the English Premiership at this time (to the best of my knowledge) are men. However, let me assure you that I do not believe that was the intent of the author. There is a potentially interesting side avenue of investigation into why exactly it appears there is a sense of "fair play" in professional women's football which is sadly missing from the English Premiership. Rather than being rooted simply in the gender of the participants it may centre around the comparatively lower stakes (e.g. in wages, TV revenue) and/or the lower viewing figures and attendance. However, I digress.

Anyway, I just wanted to pre-warn anyone who might be potentially offended by the following image. I do realise that by explaining the content of the image here I may have diluted the comedic effect of said image. However, I firmly believe that's a price worth paying if it stops even one person being potentially offended after reading the title and first paragraph of the letter. Of course, that person could have continued reading the whole letter themselves and determined via the context that the title and first paragraph were, rather than being gratuitously offensive, a clever set-up which the author was employing to make the pivot to the lack of a sense of "fair play" in the English Premiership.

That being said, please enjoy the letter in the following image:

By clicking this link I affirm I have read the above preface.
tl;dr. Image is somewhat funny though.
That long winded, sly dig at Scawen is quite immature, the image on it's own would of been suffice.
Quote from DejaVu :That long winded, sly dig at Scawen is quite immature, the image on it's own would of been suffice.

There's precedent to suggest that simply posting the image on its own would result in a ban. The long-winded post was clearly tongue-in-cheek.
That text won't fool anybody's selective reading skillz.
I hope I don't insult any programmers with this:

How is that insulting?
He is only using dark colors.
He's using MS word, and he probably meant Designers, as that's pretty offensive to a designer......
Quote from Racer X NZ :He's using MS word, and he probably meant Designers, as that's pretty offensive to a designer......

Are you blind? it's quite clearly MS Paint. It's not even that challenging.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from Racer X NZ :He's using MS word, and he probably meant Designers, as that's pretty offensive to a designer......

Are you blind? it's quite clearly MS Paint. It's not even that challenging.

So when did MS Paint change from this ?

/s
I guess Scawen could ask the same question!
*muted trumpet refrain*
Vista is so unpopular things like this happen a lot.

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG