The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If you don't want to pay a licence fee to fund the BBC why don't you go elsewhere? Leave.

Do you work for them, you're not Bender..you wish, I am however Atomant.
Quote from jasonmatthews :I always knew the ****** version. Not at anytime in my whole life did I view it as racist. Did I think of it as racist against blacks? No. We were brought up on a simple nursery rhyme and the ****** part meant absolutely nothing to me. It is exactly the same as the golliwog, to me when i was a child it was simply a black doll. The racism which might have been part of the original term, were completely lost on my generation. My generation are the ones bringing up the new generation and in no way would the top gear comments affect them.

I personally think it is a witchhunt, by politically correct people who don't care about real racism.

I get called a sheep shagging leak eating .... Every day. Do I take offence...nope. The same people are my best friends, so they are racist? If so, I am racist against anyone who is not from my home town. And so is every person I have ever met.

I'm a Newfie,,,does this count or disqualify me. Never said i was a white man...just a Newfie not all Newfies are...one thing we are
Quote from IsaacPrice :At least he doesn't wear a dress mate.

How do you look in one...some of you friends are asking. Lighten up Isaac, (Him on Skates) (in a dress,,that's a boner killer)
Quote from The Moose :I'm 43. I've never heard the racist version, or the expression "slope" either for that matter before the TG controversy, and i've worked with guys that would make navvies blush.

43..lol I'm 56 , close as I can see it sloopy. slanted, loop sided but lets adopt slope

Don't use it to describe a gradient.
Quote from AtomAnt :43..lol I'm 56 , close as I can see it sloopy. slanted, loop sided but lets adopt slope

Don't use it to describe a gradient.

I could bet you show 100 people that on the street and asked them whats wrong with that bridge, slope would cover that answer atleast by over 70%.
Is that a '68 GT40 with Jezza behind the wheel?
No. It's defintely not a GT40. Not even close. Mirrors, sill height, door handles, wheel arch shape, wheel design, shut lines........

And they've attached some lights and a frame to the roof.
Quote from tristancliffe :No. It's defintely not a GT40. Not even close. Mirrors, sill height, door handles, wheel arch shape, wheel design, shut lines........

And they've attached some lights and a frame to the roof.

Well it looks like a GT40 that Jezza drove in '97 on the old Top Gear (episode was about hypercars), but if it isn't then meh.
Looks like a Porsche to me.
The 904? Or one of the later models (906, 907 etc.)?
Looks like a 944 to me.
Quote from rosewood2 :Well it looks like a GT40 that Jezza drove in '97 on the old Top Gear (episode was about hypercars), but if it isn't then meh.

Except that it doesn't. At all. Other than, vaguely, the paint scheme.
Also, quite hard to read, but I think it says "ambulance" next to the indicator. Thus I presume that's a shot of one of those "how hard can it be?" challenges, where they have to build some rescue vehicles. Especially since there are emergency vehicle lights and some kind of retractable plow on it.

And to me, it rather looks like a Porsche 924.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Looks like a 944 to me.

Yuppers. It's the 944 (I admit it, i've searched via the image google search and found the result on reddit).
Quote from ColeusRattus :Also, quite hard to read, but I think it says "ambulance" next to the indicator. Thus I presume that's a shot of one of those "how hard can it be?" challenges, where they have to build some rescue vehicles. Especially since there are emergency vehicle lights and some kind of retractable plow on it.

Yes the number 999 is the phone number for emergency services in the UK.
Don't cry for me Argentina.

Yes it's offending, but...
Do they really think we will believe it was a accident or over sight? lol

Andy Wilman needs to go if you ask me. I think he is the cause of everything wrong with top gear from the silly scripted events to the silly provocative things they do to cause controversy. All the presenters are top notch.
Quote from DratsaB :Andy Wilman needs to go if you ask me. I think he is the cause of everything wrong with top gear from the silly scripted events to the silly provocative things they do to cause controversy. All the presenters are top notch.

I agree he should go, but I couldn't disagree more about the presenters being top notch and it all being Wilman's fault. Clarkson, in particular, is a complete dick in his own business (outside Top Gear).
Jeez, go cry more.
this sure sounds like a bit of viral marketing that went a little out of hand.

About Jezza, isn't it common knowledge that he is a racist dick towards everything, including himself?
apparently the car has had that plate for 13 years before Top gear bought it.

Either way Clarkson confirmed they will air the whole thing so this will be interesting.
I don't get how that removes the possibility that he knew of the car/plate in advance or got someone to find a car, any car with a suitably offensive plate. Not saying that's what happened, but this "it couldn't have been intentional because 13 years" isn't an all encompassing argument.
Quote from Mustafur :apparently the car has had that plate for 13 years before Top gear bought it.

Either way Clarkson confirmed they will air the whole thing so this will be interesting.

I can only guess that the plate has been registered to that vehicle since new.
The first letter "H" denotes the year of registration (1990/91), the model fits that year. Even if the car had a different number plate registered later on then you can still retain the old plate...but would have to re-register to use it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeremy-clarkson-might-have-broken-licence-plate-laws-on-top-gears-argentine-misadventure-9778399.html

The way I see it is...they planned to buy some older performance cars...they find and buy a 928....some bright spark noticed the number plate..."oh what hilarity will ensue if we take a trip to Argentina!"

I would not imagine for one moment that people seeing the car in the street would even take a second glance at the number plate....in any country....let alone think "hang on, they are British people and that arrangement of letters/numbers is offensive".

I do imagine a simple phone call to some Argentinian news desk could stir up some entertainment though....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG