The online racing simulator
Quote from Jeremy Clarkson :In a moment of boredom last week I solved all the world’s problems. [...] there just has to be a lot more teasing.

At present teasing is seen as a dangerous midpoint stepping stone on the way to the dark shores of full-blown bullying.

[...] You can actually go to prison for teasing someone about their [...] skin colour.

Clarkson equates overt racism to mild teasing.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Clarkson equates overt racism to mild teasing.

In the UK, people of the same sex can get married around now...I bet he has something to say about that too...lol...if he does not say it then I can guarantee he is thinking it...
Good luck with that law suit.
Even if it was a cheap racist comment, you can't prove they weren't just commenting on the bridge. Or are we suing every commentator that mentioned Slopestyle during the winter Olympics.
I am going to be as cold as this, and say: Take your drama somewhere else, I don't care!

I agree that was just beyond retarder of him, but at same time he tried his best to get the clip to be taken away, instead BBC showed it. Nevertheless, I am not defending him on this.

That said, lets discuss Top Gear, not what the singel invidualls do or did several years ago. We all know that some of you people really hate Top Gear to your guts, but please don't turn it into a shitfest like what happend to topics like Iracing and so on
Quote from The Very End :I am going to be as cold as this, and say: Take your drama somewhere else, I don't care!

I agree that was just beyond retarder of him, but at same time he tried his best to get the clip to be taken away, instead BBC showed it. Nevertheless, I am not defending him on this.

That said, lets discuss Top Gear, not what the singel invidualls do or did several years ago. We all know that some of you people really hate Top Gear to your guts, but please don't turn it into a shitfest like what happend to topics like Iracing and so on

The people that hate Top Gear are the people who love to be offended and feed off of the attention and acting out the role of the offended.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The people that hate Top Gear are the people who love to be offended and feed off of the attention and acting out the role of the offended.

It's all true. The only thing I love more than people being respectful and decent is people being gratuitously offensive.
Quote from amp88 :It's all true. The only thing I love more than people being respectful and decent is people being gratuitously offensive.

At least you can admit it and stop the charade.
I am kind of confused to be honest, Amp: what is your stand on this? I though this was in reply from before claiming Top Gear to be a racist **** show? (I did not read too far back in the thread, so maybe I mixed you up with some others?), in any case, sorry!
Quote from The Very End :I am kind of confused to be honest, Amp: what is your stand on this? I though this was in reply from before claiming Top Gear to be a racist **** show? (I did not read too far back in the thread, so maybe I mixed you up with some others?), in any case, sorry!

Amp seems to enjoy being overly sensitive to "casual racism" (whatever that means). He might rage if I call you Norwegian as it's identifying you as someone who has citizenship in Norway, rather than simply identifying you as a person who lives on earth.
Ok I am all lost now, damnit
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Amp seems to enjoy being overly sensitive to "casual racism" (whatever that means). He might rage if I call you Norwegian as it's identifying you as someone who has citizenship in Norway, rather than simply identifying you as a person who lives on earth.

Don't be stupid.

Casual racism is something very easy to define as is casual conversation. It basically describes how a lot of people will casually throw out racist terms without fear of rebuttal. Generally in social situations.

The only reason Clarkson still has a job is the BBC know if they sack him they'll lose a swathe of viewers who pay their licence fee, though begrudgingly, because of Top Gear. Without them passing a UK Internet Licence (this is actually being considered) might be a bit trickier.

Anyway, I knew this would happen eventually. Spent too many pages debating what would happen if Top gear used the N-word... though fortunately for Clarkson he 'mumbled' it. Just enough to have some line of defence.
Quote from The Very End :I am kind of confused to be honest, Amp: what is your stand on this? I though this was in reply from before claiming Top Gear to be a racist **** show? (I did not read too far back in the thread, so maybe I mixed you up with some others?), in any case, sorry!

I think some people involved with Top Gear (including the presenters and at least some of the management) have, on numerous occasions, expressed racist/sexist/homophobic etc views. I think in this most recent incident that Clarkson was gratuitously racist. If you want to know more about what I think look back at my posts in this thread.
But the poem "Eenie Meenie Minie Mo" is a racist poem. Replacing the N word with another word that rhymes doesn't make it less racist, it just means the user is trying to pretend for the sake of pointless political correctness.

It's like me calling someone who comes from Pakistan a 'useless baki'. I didn't use the letter p, so it's not racist?

Everyone who has ever thought or used the eenie meenie poem should be killed immediately. I am very offended*

*of course I'm not offended, because I'm not a retard

I forgot it's illegal to not think the same as everyone else.
Quote from tristancliffe :
*of course I'm not offended, because I'm not a retard

Le gaspe! You may have just offended the retards!
Oh no. I'll keep a look out for burning pitchforks.
It sounds like you lot are offended by those making the accusations against Clarkson. As if somehow people are trying to impose their views on your way of life. I am happy for you, if you're comfortable using ******, pikey, slope and any other racist terms with your friends, I am happy for you. Doesn't mean I want to be forced to pay some archaic tax to fund some moron to do it on TV.
Your still going with your bullshit attack on the tax? We have stated before that most countries have to pay for a lisenced channel on the tellevission - deal with it, stop using it as an argument Interprid.

And it's not the fact that Clarkson made an ass of himself that anoys me, I don't give a damn to be honest. If he is a racist ****, then so be it, I don't like that part of him - but I like the other part of him which creates good shows. As everyone have good and bad sides I tend to try to ignore the crap and look for the better parts of people, as most people do. Your problem however is your constant bitching and moaning about you having to pay for a channel and the casual racism. You and other's make assumptions that everyone that likes to laugh of Top Gear's silly jokes are some racists idiots who wants to see the world burn.

You know what, the world has never been more peacefull than it is today, and even tho there are some grey zones and casual racism that doesn't mean we go out and hang people who are the "targets" of the jokes. The limits will never go from casual racism - murdering a certain ethnicity (wrong spelled) in a normal civilized country, so the fear that if we accept casual racism we also accept murdering is just wrong (or that it in some sort of strange way should evolve from casual racism to a hunt of certain humans).

And please, stop watching this thread, move to Uganda which I highly doubt have to pay TV taxes, and never ever again see Top Gear. Thank you.
Quote from Intrepid :Doesn't mean I want to be forced to pay some archaic tax to fund some moron to do it on TV.

Are you being forced to live in the UK?

Are you being forced to own a TV?
The BBC's licence fee is acknowledged to be under major threat, the BBC can't actually afford these kind of controversies. Non-payment is already being downgraded from a criminal to a civil case because it was wasting so much court time. But the BBC want an 'internet tax' in reality and that will blow up in their face.

Also, a publicly owned TV station HAS to be more accountable to the public. Because without public support they are royally stuffed, they cease to exist.

And deal with it? What complete and utter bollocks.
Haha, I just laugh at this sillyness. If you want sillyness you should hear the rules in Norway for the tax:

As long as you have ANY equiptment, be it a TV, computer, internett equiptment or ANYTHING that can recive signals to get the official channel - then you got to pay (exact number) 332.38 Euro's. I don't have a TV but I still got to pay it since I got a computer.

It sucks, I know. But my god are we privileged to live in a good country, and the same for you! You got a computer, you got food, you most likely have a phone, you are not in a war... AND WHAT YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IS HAVING TO PAY A SMALL AMOUNT EACH YEAR? Are you kidding me, are you real? Grow up and stop beeing so... so bitter please.

I am actually quite confused why you are so bitter on this part, while having a very human focused attitute - trying to stop racism. Racism is shit, and I agree that it should not be allowed, but at same time we need to find a ballance. We canot make rules that will prevent everyone from not getting offended, because that will again limit the freedom of speech of others. Lastly freedom of speech does not mean you can say shit just to provoke, so an appoligy is in the place from TG crew - as they did. There is nothing more to be done about it.
I (indirectly) pay for the CBC through all the taxes that I pay. I don't cry or complain because I know that they do provide valuable content, just not for me. I don't care to watch Hockey, nor any of the other quality shows that they produce.
If you don't wanna read someone talking about the BBC on a threat about the BBC's biggest show why don't you go elsewhere? Leave.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG