The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
#51 - 5tag
Quote from Flame CZE :A similar page is now at Subscriptions. You can see all your subscribed threads/forums, and if any of them have new posts, you can go to that post.

I just saw now that there is a small "New" button, thanks!

Anyways, a few visual improvements I'd greatly appreciate:
- swapping the date of post and post# information
- displaying certain things in bold letters like post date or the "Quote from User"
Looks terrible IMO. It looked much better before to be honest, maybe it just takes some getting used to.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Looks terrible IMO. It looked much better before to be honest, maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I thought I'm the only one who disliked this. But yeah, I guess I just need to get used to this.
Greatness. I did not have problems with logging in. Although I do not fancy this new trend of minimalistic websites, and this one is not an exclusion, I am probably more than happy about the progress to get over that and cheer for it.
omg this is so sexy D:
Quote from Iginla :
Quote from IsaacPrice :Looks terrible IMO. It looked much better before to be honest, maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I thought I'm the only one who disliked this. But yeah, I guess I just need to get used to this.

o/

To be honest VBulletin was perfect imho. Although VBulletin 5 shares some similarities with the current layout I'd say the older version with a reskin would've been more than fine.

Meh, I'll just quote Iginla again since I don't want to sound repetitive.
Quote from Iginla :
But yeah, I guess I just need to get used to this.
I am also a massive arse.

Nice good job
Thanks for 'go to first unread' button!
Wow im surprised, i wanted to check some posts and this surprised me.
This is very cool what producer of the game did.
I like this cars on the front right that are changing always. Its really good, now this forum shows new players that lfs is modern simulator despite running for 11/12 years. Good job!!
oh yeah this is the S3 version guauuuuuuuuuuuu, amazing.
#61 - kdo
Very nice work !

It look way much better now!

Just one thing, i don't have smiley.
Love the website, but the forums will take some time to get used to.
What happened to the page that lists all the threads you're subscribed to? I can't seem to find that.
Quote from pik_d :What happened to the page that lists all the threads you're subscribed to? I can't seem to find that.

Subscriptions. You can see it at the top right on the forum homepage.

We all have our own opinion, but I still feel like saying that..this design is very, very refreshing and the old forum was..plain, too simple, not interesting and rather outdated (design wise).

This new design, in my opinion, is far better! It's simple, attractive, interesting and it's not outdated! Also, this design looks quite professional and will instantly make new users feel welcome. It's just...Fancy!
Quote from MousemanLV :

We all have our own opinion, but I still feel like saying that..this design is very, very refreshing and the old forum was..plain, too simple, not interesting and rather outdated (design wise).

This new design, in my opinion, is far better! It's simple, attractive, interesting and it's not outdated! Also, this design looks quite professional and will instantly make new users feel welcome. It's just...Fancy!

Isaac and Jesse got a point though. For long time users, it is often difficult to get used to new things. When things change, we get confused and don't like it. I understand that. I also get a bit angry about YouTube constantly changing their layout, even if it's just subtle changes and it might be for the better in the end.

But as they said, it's a matter of getting used to the flow again. Hopefully it will be a better experience for newcomers at the very least

Of course the site is not perfect, we'll try to make some improvements to it as we go.
Wow!
I like the general appearance, it's definitely not as phone friendly, though, as the old forum was, and I really don't see the point of the top-bar. I think with forums lots of people get used to the way they do things, and anything which removes that functionality seems worse (because for them it is). Removing access to the menus and things from every page of the forum is one of those things. Having to be on the home page to go to subscriptions is one of those things.
One more thing, now youtube work in forums

The top bar is just fine, makes it look even better! I don't see anything wrong with it.
Looks great!

Also

Nice! Well done
#73 - kdo
The video of the scirocco fit very, very very very well
#74 - troy
Love the small touch with the changing cars on the topbar, the site looks modern and easy to access from what I can see so far. Great work vic!
When will scirocco be realeased?
I nearly wait everybody will drive hard track setups hahahahaha.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG