The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
I'm on the SRF's at the moment,
they need to be pushed pretty hard to make them satisfying

agreed -legends are a blast
Quote from Boris Lozac :That first setup was annoying but ok, not so complicated. I thought i've calibrated the wheel properly, but MX5 is giving me only 90 degrees of rotation to each side, is that normal? The feeling and FFB is pretty much awfull if this is all there is to it. All aids off etc..

turn driver arms off
Am i hatin' or is force feedback really bad?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Am i hatin' or is force feedback really bad?

I understand what you mean. FFB is one of the reasons I stopped my sub. It just feels so clunky
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I understand what you mean. FFB is one of the reasons I stopped my sub. It just feels so clunky

Then what's the secret with it's success? Is online that good, is it the psychological thing cause you pay for it, which automatically means "it must be good"?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Then what's the secret with it's success? Is online that good, is it the psychological thing cause you pay for it, which automatically means "it must be good"?

it's the online web service I think
Laser scanned tracks are really where they win. And pretty good physocs, regular updates...
Tyres could use a rework but everyone drives on the same ones.
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Tyres could use a rework but everyone drives on the same ones.

By that logic, NFS is fine because everyone drives on the same tyre physics...
For me they win when they can have more than 20 drivers per race, every day and almost every hour; unlike LFS
Quote from Boris Lozac :Then what's the secret with it's success? Is online that good, is it the psychological thing cause you pay for it, which automatically means "it must be good"?

Well, it is good.
Not the best though, but I like the amount of real cars and the laser scanned tracks, sponsors and the services.
As said, the physics could be better but I think they are okay and not a too big deal for me.

The paying makes the staff introduce more and more content, updating the systems and etc. It's always the discussion here and there because of the costs, but like everywhere in the world - paying tons of money gives you quality.
I think they are doing a great job.

PS. Oh yeah, and MoE.
I'm scared if the swaps finally will hit the service, tbh.
As crazy as it may be, somehow I'm awaiting a massive shitstorm and lots of ruined races soon.

Saw the first looks video and just as clean and decent this may look, I just can't imagine swaps in iRacing.
Will there be official series with swap? I guess I'll stay out of this, I smell chaos.

Help me being convinced about this, please. ^^
Quote from FireMike15 :Will there be official series with swap?

Yes, it was mentioned in the ISR video.
Oh, Oh - what is this all about, I'm at work without speakers!
Tell me!
and he gets sponsored by iRacing?
Just checked the thread in the forums, what the heck is going on there?
Is EmptyBox making fun of Gangi in his videos?

PS. Hell what a spam in those, lol.
A guy called Jason Dunnington left ISR (didn't even know he was on the show), and someone posted a video of his new channel under the thread name "ISR's latest casualty". That's referring to Shaun Cole having left the show previously.

Cue some comments, I think Emptybox replied and then Darin sent him those PMs in the video. Thread gets locked, more threads get posted and deleted, Darin continues to make unprofessional comments, everyone kinda trolls him - and then the Emptybox video gets posted.

tl;dr: Darin's lost it (or did he ever have it?).
Oh my, lol. *grabs popcorn*
Thanks for the quick explanation boothy.

Feel free to post it on iR forums
I didn't care about ISR for a long time, but keep me posted with more info on this, it's getting interesting. :P
That artwork with paint is just so real. Can't even be done better
Darin even manages to make it worse in the comments of the video
Quote from Ukkeli :

Feel free to post it on iR forums

Oh man, you got that creative blood flowing.

Attached images
doringungi.png

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG