The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Will have to wait a full season till that I reckon. But let's hope it will happen soon.
Yeah, still a season. They say driver swaps are coming next season.
11 weeks feels like nothing after joining iR end of 2011 when they announced it and half our team quit LFS for it, fiiiiiiiinally. MoE time
Would love if iR had driver swaps and if it wasn't so expensive...I would absolutely love driving an endurance event in iR..if I could afford it and if I wouldn't have to rent the game over and over again.
As I read correctly there is a three-months membership for free because the sign with the Nürburgring 1000.

Could be a great opportunity for you guys testing it.
I've tested the game previously, I also bought it for a month but had no luck and hope that people in the mighty rookie class might stop with their ridiculous driving style..after all, the ''3 months free'' subscription will eventually attract even more .....
#932 - CSF
Hahahaha driver swaps.
The amount of jelly is so easy to spot, even over those big and most times, red cheecks of yours CSF.
-
(dfgjkl) DELETED by dfgjkl
#934 - CSF
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :The amount of jelly is so easy to spot, even over those big and most times, red cheecks of yours CSF.

Jelly of wot?
Quote from MousemanLV :Would love if iR had driver swaps and if it wasn't so expensive...I would absolutely love driving an endurance event in iR..if I could afford it and if I wouldn't have to rent the game over and over again.

Rookies are mad easy to get out of, MX5 can be quite unpredictable but If you learn its querks its easy.
Anyways WG with the NASCARs
Quote from Kristi :Will have to wait a full season till that I reckon. But let's hope it will happen soon.

Yep, if all goes to plan, early November.
Quote from MousemanLV :Would love if iR had driver swaps and if it wasn't so expensive...I would absolutely love driving an endurance event in iR..if I could afford it and if I wouldn't have to rent the game over and over again.

3 months free offer ends on October 10th, and there's normally half price offers twice a year (or $30 for 3 months to top up your subscription). 6 pieces of content, including 20% discount (5 tracks + 1 GT3 car) to race in MoE would cost $69.36 or ~52€. About 20€ more than LFS but you are getting better quality content...
Quote from boothy :About 20€ more than LFS but you are getting better quality content...

...which you can only use for 3 months and only that content you bought Compared to lfs which people have for their entire life with access to all the content there is.

Don't make it look cheaper than it is
... and I think the 3 months for $5 offer is still available for inactive subs.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :...which you can only use for 3 months and only that content you bought Compared to lfs which people have for their entire life with access to all the content there is.

... which really isn't an issue unless you're 12 years old living off mommys credit card... hell, just being able to race in the Masters of Endurance again itself is worth every penny even if one is not a fan of iRacing.
It's a little funny... The MX5 is characterized as a little unpredictable... How many times have you read that about the real MX5, street or race versions? It would be the LAST word I would think of to describe the MX5. Yet, it's hailed at an accurate sim... Not impressed, and to think I resubbed for a year due to Rift support....
Apparently those RL MX-5 racers that said it was good before says it's total crap now. With DK running things, I'm not surprised, I've heard from a beta tester that when DK is not around things really starts to shape up, then he comes in and ruins everything, lol.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :... which really isn't an issue unless you're 12 years old living off mommys credit card... hell, just being able to race in the Masters of Endurance again itself is worth every penny even if one is not a fan of iRacing.

which I don't deny. Only booty was making it seem cheaper than it was. As much as I'm a fan of iracing, compared to other cheaper sims that are out now, the tire model is just bad (didn't try after the new update though).
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Apparently those RL MX-5 racers that said it was good before says it's total crap now. With DK running things, I'm not surprised, I've heard from a beta tester that when DK is not around things really starts to shape up, then he comes in and ruins everything, lol.

Not really. The real drivers said it was crap in last season, then they opened topics how this new build is a miracle and it's drivable again with real setups. The new MX5 with the new tires just feels pretty epic. I never thought it's a bad car though, or unpredictable. Whoever says that has some serious lack of competence in racing.

Otherwise, the price tag is not really as high as I thought it would be when I started and hearing it from someone's mouth who never actually played iR sounds silly. I wanted competitive racing for my money with various cars on tons of track, which I didn't get in LFS for a few years now and guess what? I got it.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Apparently those RL MX-5 racers that said it was good before says it's total crap now. With DK running things, I'm not surprised, I've heard from a beta tester that when DK is not around things really starts to shape up, then he comes in and ruins everything, lol.

Well this RL MX-5 racer says it's back to normal now...

Quote from CodeLyoko1 :which I don't deny. Only booty was making it seem cheaper than it was. As much as I'm a fan of iracing, compared to other cheaper sims that are out now, the tire model is just bad (didn't try after the new update though).

How did I make it seem cheaper than it was - were any of those prices inaccurate? "Cheapness" depends on the person, and you have to weigh up the value of what you get for your $/€/£ - certainly you won't get MoE and the amount of racing in iRacing on LFS anytime soon. And forgive me if I don't take your untested opinion on the tyre model too seriously...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :... and I think the 3 months for $5 offer is still available for inactive subs.

Yep, still working...

Just renewed my iRacing for 3 months using that, will see if I actually might pick it up for some random racing again, though.
Oh, I missed that thread where Elliot says it's back to normal now, that's nice to hear.
Sorry not reading every post here :P

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG