The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Who cares how the MX-5 feels anyway? It's a car for hairdressers.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Who cares how the MX-5 feels anyway? It's a car for hairdressers.

Isaac,that opinion is just wrong.
sweet
Yes, finally!
#956 - CSF
Hi guys, I'm checking some info/facts about iRacing to be able to decide if it is worth it, but I'm missing some information, so hopefully you can help me a little bit.

First of all, I'd like to confirm some information that I have read (from official documents published in 2010...):
- If I'm not misinformed, once you reach B license you got $10 each season (that is $40 a year), plus $5 for your account anniversary, so a 1 year subscription could be almost free (if purchased on Black Friday for example).

That is important, because it would wipe the subscription cost out of the equation (at least after paying the first year).

My other question is about content:
- I have read some guide about how to reach as fast and cheap as possible license A (not that I agree this is the funniest way to do it).
- I have looked in a million places what content is used, but I can only find hints of what the rookie series used back in 2012...
- I landed at this site, but I get the feeling that this is completely unrelated to what I'm looking for, am I right?

So, if anyone could share what content the official series are using it would be of great help.

PS: I'm aware that iRacing has a strong NDA, but I find ridiculous that none of that information is available to possible newcomers...
You can get participation credits from class D, but D/C is $4, and B/A series are $7 - up a maximum of $10 total per season. Of course, you need to buy some tracks first, as you must do 8 of the 12 weeks in a series to get the credits.

I've attached the schedule. Currently, class D series have 3 or 4 free tracks in them, so by buying 6 of the most used tracks you could probably cover the other 4 weeks needed to get credits. E.g. Watkins Glen, Spa, Sebring etc.

If you want to get to class A (not sure why, unless you really want to drive the FW31 in official sessions and get a Pro licence), it's easy to do. Once you get to class D there's 3 series using free cars, then simply get up to C 4.0 and you can drive class B.

I'd suggest signing up with the free 3 month trial which ends in October, to take you well past black Friday: http://www.iracing.com/nurburgring1000/
Attached files
2014Season3schedule.pdf - 139.8 KB - 251 views
Thanks!

Quote from boothy :
If you want to get to class A (not sure why, unless you really want to drive the FW31 in official sessions and get a Pro licence), it's easy to do. Once you get to class D there's 3 series using free cars, then simply get up to C 4.0 and you can drive class B.

I'd suggest signing up with the free 3 month trial which ends in October, to take you well past black Friday: http://www.iracing.com/nurburgring1000/ (use referral iracing@michaelbooth.me.uk if you do sign up )

Reaching Class A looked the logical way, but now that I see the schedule I see that I don't want to race there

I'm going to read the schedule until I know it by heart checking what content is more appealing to me

If I ever register I'll try to keep your referal in mind, I hope not to forget it xD
Recently I have been interested on Oval racing, I got promoted to D License but in order to race in the series I want (B License), I have to spend 272 dollars.
Which series? Sk mods are awesome btw
Quote from chanoman315 :Recently I have been interested on Oval racing, I got promoted to D License but in order to race in the series I want (B License), I have to spend 272 dollars.

What cars/tracks would you have to buy? Because to run in class B, all you would need to do is get your SR to D 4.0, run races/TTs at South Boston during week 7 in the class C Street Stocks, and get your SR back up to C 4.0. At that point, work out the most used oval tracks and buy those...
remember there are 2 b series for oval.... one of which has a fixed set C series
I want to race on the Fixed Nascar series, with the NextGens.
I'd need to buy at least one car in each licence, D, C and B, and tracks for each series.
D - National Impala
C - Street Stock but I need the tracks
B - 1 of the 3 NextGens and tracks.
Attached images
Captura de pantalla 2014-08-19 a la(s) 14.41.18.png
You obviously didn't bother to read what I said, so I'll repeat it. You can get to class B (or A) without buying any content!

Plan for getting to class A, oval:
  • Do rookie Street stock races (preferably at Charlotte as it's easier to gain SR)
  • Get to D 4.0 by week 7 (currently week 3)
  • Do 4 races/TT in the class C Street stock series (you will be promoted to class C)
  • Do 4 more races/TTs, then get your SR back up to C 4.0 (you will be promoted to class B)
  • Use week 10 to do more races in the street stock to get your SR up to B 4.0
  • By this point, it will be season 4, therefore buy tracks from the new schedule
Quote from chanoman315 :I want to race on the Fixed Nascar series, with the NextGens.
I'd need to buy at least one car in each licence, D, C and B, and tracks for each series.
D - National Impala
C - Street Stock but I need the tracks
B - 1 of the 3 NextGens and tracks.

the A car actually can be raced at D Lisc (4.0). With the NIS Fixed and Open Series.
NextGen ? I assume you mean GEN6
Quote from Mustangman759 :the A car actually can be raced at D Lisc (4.0). With the NIS Fixed and Open Series.
NextGen ? I assume you mean GEN6

Yes GEN6, sorry haha.

Yes boothy I read what you said, and thanks, but there are weeks I can't race because I have exams or projects that need to be done for school and I forget about simracing for weeks.
It can't come fast 'nuff...
Attached images
team testing.jpg
Team Screen Shot.png
Can this iPaying be any more complicated, just shut up and let me test it.. jesus. It's free for three months now, so finally decided to check it out.
Step 1: Click "Test" next to the "Race now" button on the top right
Step 2: Choose your desired combo
Step 3 (optional): Set what weather you want to race in, 100% fog is always fun
Step 4: Click "Test car on track"

??? Dat rocketsience.
That first setup was annoying but ok, not so complicated. I thought i've calibrated the wheel properly, but MX5 is giving me only 90 degrees of rotation to each side, is that normal? The feeling and FFB is pretty much awfull if this is all there is to it. All aids off etc..
Quote from Boris Lozac :That first setup was annoying but ok, not so complicated. I thought i've calibrated the wheel properly, but MX5 is giving me only 90 degrees of rotation to each side, is that normal? The feeling and FFB is pretty much awfull if this is all there is to it. All aids off etc..

It's only the in-game wheel. Dunno why it doesn't turn more..
best way to do it is wait for one of the Iracing offers

after trying it of course to make sure you like what the service has to offer

I got a good deal on two years ( £60 )

but you'll have to buy some content so go in with a bulk buy
(which you'll get on a discount ...3 items -10% ..5 items -20% etc)
So what combo do you guys suggest to try in order to experience this in 'best light', from this free offer combos that is. MX5 is like vanila rFactor feeling wise..
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what combo do you guys suggest to try in order to experience this in 'best light', from this free offer combos that is. MX5 is like vanila rFactor feeling wise..

I would say the legends on okoyama is pretty fun. Short wheel base and a bit of power.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG