The online racing simulator
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I'm absolutely shocked by the fact that people think, that if we want to be able to drive someones old work as well, that we don't admire his new ones. But ye, it's the internet.

Although I am totally for the retro westhill, I will not ask for it anymore. Scawen said that there were some "problems" with keeping it (where I do have a feeling it's BS, but that aside, Scawen wont change his mind anyway)

It is because fresh, better, new or updated content doesn't make the old one ship ( change the last p letter to something else lol )

Also, old westhill is unique, where there are turns left and right and you can drive full speed. I do not understand what is so boring to drive full speed and why all the times brake pedal is needed, especially when full speed is granted, approved and badly needed.

So yeah, reason why I would like to keep old westhill track is it is fast and turns left and right with full throttle and still having a nice racing! Not much brake pedal needed

So, good bye old westhill, I am going to miss you, but at least you get a superb enhancing to the layout. LET'S APPLAUSE! *clap clap clap clap clap clap*
This forum is amazing

No content - endlessly bitch about it

New, better content - bitch about the new content and ask for the old content

Just be happy with what you're getting, it's FREE after all and the new westhill is lightyears ahead of the old, keeping it in would just be stupid. You guys are way too sentimental about this game.
Quote from Scawen :
This is my impression, from memory, though I have been working hard lately so have not become an expert on the new track. I'm not a great sim racer anyway but I'm just giving my thoughts, the way I see it.

Maybe you could release it and we could give you some feedback

are you able to say "its comming in a week" or "i need to do a hell of work on this"

Everybody is teasing this track but nothing happens. Sure the VR thing is a bit important to but as it is in develpoment it could be a never ending Task as it got reworked over and over agian untill the Costumerverison gets published. Please be mindful of your long loyalty Community
Quote from Be2K :Please be mindful of your long loyalty Community

To be entirely honest with you, this comment makes me quite angry, when Eric and I are working our butts off trying to get this free update to you.

Just be patient and wait, if you want an update. I keep coming here and telling you what's up. I feel like shutting up, avoiding the thread and not speaking here any more.
Actually that's it.

Thread closed.

Update coming in a few weeks but may be delayed by unforeseen improvements.
Thread open again.

One month since the start of this thread, how time flies!

It's all going well, not only with the Oculus support but also I've been doing some slight graphical improvements and helping Eric with some editor updates (though he needs more).

I'm getting to the end of the first stage of Oculus Rift DK2 support, aiming for a full version at the end of the week. Eric has continued filling the gaps and improving and adding features around the Westhill track.

I do still have to work full time, with Eric, on support for the highly detailed track so there are still a few weeks to go.

Right now you might like to try Test Patch F7. There are some slight graphical improvements, mainly related to the mipmaps of some alpha test textures, which, on some tracks, used to go very dark on the edges in the distance. That small fix obviously isn't going to make a huge difference, but more interestingly there is a new texture loading system that resaves the file if it wasn't saved in the most optimal format. As a result, track load times are much faster after the first load. In the case of custom texture packs, the load time decrease can be surprising! And it even speeds up the default supplied textures. Thanks to Daniel CRO for demonstrating this speedup with his external test program.
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86202
Nice!,
love gr8 work since ..2003
just wanna show some respect on work you guys do, lfs is part of mine life for a long time.
quick one, is there any plans for something like pre order of S3, or can i just
"upload some credits" and let it w8 there untill it get relesed.
Thanks again Scawen!!
Ah, late night time posts, my favorites ! . Keep it up "Scavier", good times are coming
And yes, thanks to Daniel also, the "watcher" on duty. Now, only if he could spot a bit less improbable bugs.. development speed would go up for sure
Thank you so much, guys! Keep up the awesome work.
Quote from maxis123 :quick one, is there any plans for something like pre order of S3, or can i just
"upload some credits" and let it w8 there untill it get relesed.

Thanks, but it's still quite a while to S3.

We will not sell licenses until a few days before the release, when it it is really ready and just in its final test days.
I know it's a long way out, but how will you test the S3 content? Will we be required to purchase the S3 license for the test patches? (I'm fine with that by the way )
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I know it's a long way out, but how will you test the S3 content? Will we be required to purchase the S3 license for the test patches? (I'm fine with that by the way )

Most probably there won't be any "public" testing other than after the public release
But Scawen, you could have proposed the preorder anyway, I am pretty sure there would not be more moaning than without preorder

By the way, Victor could update this : https://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&track=westhill

(still amazed by the loading times of 0.6F7 ... I have to launch again AC to make the comparison test )
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, but it's still quite a while to S3.

We will not sell licenses until a few days before the release, when it it is really ready and just in its final test days.

yea, i think it is right way, I imagine people whould go berserk and just make to much pressure on relese date and everything.
new track announcement made people go on edge,
imagine S3 preorder - crash, burn, and nuke on top!

Anyway thank you for reply and sharing news
keep the good work!
Scawen, are 3d mirrors now planned for later rift updates? I can imagine implementing this feature would require a lot of work and delay the official version G so entirely understand if so. Just wondered as that's really the only thing that pops out at me now for obvious improved dk2 immersion.
Well if you want to pre-order S3 so much, you can add 12 pounds to your account at any time. Furthermore, I think official pre-order is NOT a good idea. If people pre-ordered S3, they would seriously start to think that Scawen owes S3 to them and would go absolutely crazy about it.
Have we seen a track map of the new layout yet?
No, only stitched together maps based on best guess from the pictures

Edit: found one of those posted in the thread

Quote from Alric :Scawen, are 3d mirrors now planned for later rift updates? I can imagine implementing this feature would require a lot of work and delay the official version G so entirely understand if so. Just wondered as that's really the only thing that pops out at me now for obvious improved dk2 immersion.

Yes - planned for a later update, along with several other good things, as my priority is to fix a few issues and get 0.6G up, hopefully at the end of this week, so there is DK2 support in our official version.
Brill. Sounds like a good plan. Look forward to testing.
Quote from Scawen :get 0.6G up, hopefully at the end of this week, so there is DK2 support in our official version.

Does the 0.6G will have Westhill update ?

P.S. : Add this to your favorite, I think you'll like it, cool stuff you can do with DirectX 9 shaders : http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/hlsl-tutorials (the 8th is for me the most interesting )
I'm pretty sure it won't, because stuff first appears in Test Patch and later added on official.
Quote from Scawen :Thread open again.

One month since the start of this thread, how time flies!

It's all going well, not only with the Oculus support but also I've been doing some slight graphical improvements and helping Eric with some editor updates (though he needs more).

I'm getting to the end of the first stage of Oculus Rift DK2 support, aiming for a full version at the end of the week. Eric has continued filling the gaps and improving and adding features around the Westhill track.

I do still have to work full time, with Eric, on support for the highly detailed track so there are still a few weeks to go.

Quote from nacim :Does the 0.6G will have Westhill update ?

P.S. : Add this to your favorite, I think you'll like it, cool stuff you can do with DirectX 9 shaders : http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/hlsl-tutorials (the 8th is for me the most interesting )

I think scawen will post an update report again for Westhill when his supported Version for Oculust Rift V2 is getting published by the end of this week/next week. As he said, Westhill isnt finished and it is still in development. He focused more on the VR Thing while the Test Patch Forum was open so it wasnt their primary task for 0.6G

In my opinion Westhill wont getting into a public test. All Tracks were directly published within S1 / S2.
Quote from Be2K :...

You really want this thread locked again, don't you? Just let it go, please.
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG