The online racing simulator
I'm really enjoying this new era of LFS. Scawen sharing new information almost daily and even Eric is here having fun with us.

Keep up this trend and I'm sure LFS will reappear at the top of simracing newssites
Quote from Whiskey :I'm really enjoying this new era of LFS. Scawen sharing new information almost daily and even Eric is here having fun with us.

Keep up this trend and I'm sure LFS will reappear at the top of simracing newssites

+1
Thanks for the great tracks Eric, and for the insight into the development.

Looking forward to the new updates/tracks!
I agree. And the developers kept their habit of teasing with content that we may not know of. Looks like a lot more is hidden beside a few improvements to tyre physics.
#30 - troy
Just wanted to echo the thoughts of most people here, it's so easy to keep a large part of the community happy, a bit of communication and people got something to speculate and talk about, loving it.
it's magnificent to see a big part of the community still being around here and not giving up hope.
I agree with almost everyone. It's very nice to see devs writing on the forum and working with new content.

Thank you Eric for nice tracks, keep up the good work. I would like to see some improvements on chicanes. Like KY3 chicane, at the moment it's just lottery do you make it without damage if you want to drive fast as possible. Also Fern bay chicanes are very risky to drive on the limit.
Agreed with all the above, thanks for what you do Eric, it's great to see and hear about what's going on behind the scenes
Love pretty much all your tracks in LFS, Eric. I don't know if it's been said yet, but looking back on the sheer mileage of it all, all by one guy, on its own that's really something.

Can't wait to see and drive new and redone tracks If I may .. .. The only long term false note for me was the absence of a bigger autocross (Scawen already gave us a hint on that) and a mountain-side road course. But that's just a niggle in the big picture.

Cheers
they may be fantasy tracks, but you definitely get the impression it's a real place. that must be pretty hard to achieve and start with a serious look at terrain and how the road would go with it.

the only small complaint i have is that the lines painted in south city don't make much sense, but that is a very minor thing overall
Haleluja. So funny, I have to share this: I just sit here coming back to this thread after a day out and my wife asks me after a couple of minutes: Why you have that smile on your face? I had to explain her about the past ten years in regards of LFS, Scawen, Eric, Victor etc. We only know each other since 5 years, so basically the time off LFS. I had to make her understand that Eric is not the kind of forum guy So yes I am a little proud that 3 of Erics 7 posts on this forum are in this thread. That made me smile.

And then this. Really? You couldnt resist right? This little small comment (visceral tyre feel) just made be anxious about whats coming up in the next months like a littel kid before christmas.

Quote from Eric :
As a side note, I have no idea how the revised Westhill will drive with the old tyre physics that you guys are using. I’ve been testing with the new tyre physics for a few years now and I refuse to drive the old one, which has just doesn’t have that visceral tyre feel and response compared to the new tyre physics.

Therefore, again, thanks guys. I got reunited with some friends from university during the last days just because we decided to race LFS again like in the old days. And all this for 24 GBP I payed such a long time ago, one of the best investments ever.
One thing I find a bit disappointing and strange about the tracks in LFS, are the spectators. Most grandstands are empty. In my opinion, they should be full, at least in the race mode.

Also the track environment itself feels a bit too sterile, visually (ie it's still the same). It's not really important at this point but it would add a bit more life and immersion.
Lately, logging into these forums is the first thing I do when I get home from work. I can't recall the last time I was this excited about a video game. Reading new posts from the developers never fails to put a big smile on my face. Thanks Scawen, Eric, Victor!
I don't have anything to add to the thread other than to say thanks to Eric. I've spent countless hours enjoying your creations and have some great memories that wouldn't have been possible without your talents
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I agree with almost everyone. It's very nice to see devs writing on the forum and working with new content.

Thank you Eric for nice tracks, keep up the good work. I would like to see some improvements on chicanes. Like KY3 chicane, at the moment it's just lottery do you make it without damage if you want to drive fast as possible. Also Fern bay chicanes are very risky to drive on the limit.

I disagree about that. It is not more risky than any other chicane in other track areas

Quote from amp88 :I don't have anything to add to the thread other than to say thanks to Eric. I've spent countless hours enjoying your creations and have some great memories that wouldn't have been possible without your talents

+1 as well, so yes. Thank You!
Quote from whiskey :i'm really enjoying this new era of lfs. Scawen sharing new information almost daily and even eric is here having fun with us.

Keep up this trend and i'm sure lfs will reappear at the top of simracing newssites

+1
I'm not much of a design person, but I find it very hard and time consuming to design all bumps, slopes, ... all LFS tracks have quite some of those. Most people will not usually notice while racing, but they are definitely there. What I really like is how detailed tracks are knowing that they came from your mind, unlike real life due to imperfection of road builders.
Can't wait to test new tracks and tyre physics
I'm very happy with the tracks in LFS actually, on the whole they're very good. Even WE is good as it requires very small adjustments in driving to yield the best times.

The only thing I would say is there's no properly hilly tracks in LFS, it's all a little bit flat. Something like the Millbrook Alpine Circuit would be great in LFS.

(in fact, imagine Millbrook as a whole in LFS! But we won't go into that here.)
Quote from McGherkin :...Millbrook Alpine Circuit ...

of course
Anyway, in the WestHill National, it seems we will have some nice elevation changes at some part (WST007.jpg screenshot), especially noticeable in reverse I guess... we'll see
Not posted yet but !!!! ERIC POSTED !!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your awesome work, and congratulations for your creations. Aston for me is the stand out.

PLEASE keep up the work and give LFS the life it deserves.
(And release Rockingham !)

And I'm really looking forward to the new Westhill, will the old track be kept as an option ?
Be a shame to lose it really.
The old track will be included @ LFS <.6G
I just want to say that some of these fictional tracks are much, much, much better than most of the real ones. Aston, for example, is a beauty. Fantastic track, has everything: fast corners, slow corners, hairpins, both left and right corners, long straights, short straights, fast chicanes, slow chicanes, suicide chicanes and a lot, lot, lot room for wheel to wheel racing and places for clean overtakes, elevation changes.... just everything in one track.
Ky3 is also an epic track, so tnx for all that
More bumps please
Quote from sermilan :I just want to say that some of these fictional tracks are much, much, much better than most of the real ones. Aston, for example, is a beauty. Fantastic track, has everything: fast corners, slow corners, hairpins, both left and right corners, long straights, short straights, fast chicanes, slow chicanes, suicide chicanes and a lot, lot, lot room for wheel to wheel racing and places for clean overtakes, elevation changes.... just everything in one track.
Ky3 is also an epic track, so tnx for all that

That's the flip side for someone in Eric's position. Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get, economically. LFS tracks are encumbered by neither of the latter two.
#50 - pipa
Great work on the recent Westhill. Definitly looks stunning and i can't wait to drive it. Well done Eric.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG