The online racing simulator
Kyoto and Westhill are empty. The other tracks all have spectators.
True, that's why I said almost Now with updated Westhill the only track with empty grandstands will be Kyoto Ring.
#78 - Be2K
Quote from Scawen :To be entirely honest with you, this comment makes me quite angry, when Eric and I are working our butts off trying to get this free update to you.

Just be patient and wait, if you want an update. I keep coming here and telling you what's up. I feel like shutting up, avoiding the thread and not speaking here any more.

i am sorry if i sounded harsh to you. This wasnt my intention. i appreciate your and eric's work on LFS.

My thoughts behind my posting was that I (and maybe ohter members too) gets the feeling that the Track gets deferred up to this VR Thing like the Physics & VWS.

But, i dont want to sound harsh on you. I am going to be silence now and hope to hear more about Westhill then the VR.

I am really sorry !
Quote from Be2K :i am sorry if i sounded harsh to you. This wasnt my intention. i appreciate your and eric's work on LFS.

My thoughts behind my posting was that I (and maybe ohter members too) gets the feeling that the Track gets deferred up to this VR Thing like the Physics & VWS.

But, i dont want to sound harsh on you. I am going to be silence now and hope to hear more about Westhill then the VR.

I am really sorry !

Please don't quote his words into another topic. Don't type anything on this subject. It's his simulation, his business and he does the best he can. There are people who have Rift and who don't. You can't satisfy everyone but it's OBVIOUS that they're working hard on things you've mentioned so there is absolutely no need for you to post this crap.

Just let them do the job and enjoy your life in the meantime.
#80 - Be2K
then tell me how to send him a pn instead.. to be harsh on other members isnt a peacefull way too..
Quote from Mysho :Please don't quote his words into another topic. Don't type anything on this subject. It's his simulation, his business and he does the best he can. There are people who have Rift and who don't. You can't satisfy everyone but it's OBVIOUS that they're working hard on things you've mentioned so there is absolutely no need for you to post this crap.

Just let them do the job and enjoy your life in the meantime.

that's why he is apologizing.
Quote from Be2K :then tell me how to send him a pn instead.. to be harsh on other members isnt a peacefull way too..

are you serious?
Guys, I explained before... search my posts. Yes the VR gives some kind of delay BUT that is extremely important for us as it has made us a few pounds and increased the knowledge of LFS to people who have never heard of it. That's what you want, isn't it? People to race with?

BUT ALSO it has given Eric more of a chance to work on the track in a very good way. I really thought I explained this already. It's a good thing, not a bad thing. Be patient.
Keep it up, Scawen.
We're all just a bit high on the fact lfs is alive again
Quote from Scawen :Guys, I explained before... search my posts. Yes the VR gives some kind of delay BUT that is extremely important for us as it has made us a few pounds and increased the knowledge of LFS to people who have never heard of it. That's what you want, isn't it? People to race with?

After a few weeks of people playing LFS on the Rift, this was exactly my idea of why the Westhill is delayed and i have no problem with it. It brings people = revenue. People make youtube videos with impressions, which are clearly VERY positive. You just don't piss on their heads and tell them to bugger off, if they're doing such positive promotion for you.
Though we've all been waiting a long time, i'm sure even the more impatient members can handle few more weeks in the light of this progress.

Protip: keep your head down, clean your room or do whatever can do with your free time apart from raping your F5 key on lfsforums. Because #YOLO!
I feel like my thread is being hijacked

Arent there enough threads and discussions about Westhill update being "delayed"? Actually, nothing is delayed since there was no actual release date

Please lets keep this one thread positive and about what it was suppose to be about in the first place. Those great tracks we have.
Quote from Scawen :Guys, I explained before... search my posts. Yes the VR gives some kind of delay BUT that is extremely important for us as it has made us a few pounds and increased the knowledge of LFS to people who have never heard of it. That's what you want, isn't it? People to race with?

BUT ALSO it has given Eric more of a chance to work on the track in a very good way. I really thought I explained this already. It's a good thing, not a bad thing. Be patient.

I bought an S2 just because you guys supported the "VR thingy" as of now is one of the best experiences ive had in racing simulation, and it brought me to LFS.
I doubt the long term effects. The regulars I see are still the same regulars and there is some increased activity of people which already abandoned LFS before. Life experience tells that once abandoned it gets much easier to abandon again (nice those we are back! threads but it's all empty talk).

This Rift hype sure helps though to let the world know that LFS exists and hopefully it provides some new good drivers/racers which stick but I have my doubts they keep/have something over their head. Not at this stage, maybe when a customer version finally gets released.. Its still is a geek device; "try, yes, funny.. OK.. Bye".

What has proven it's long term value is content.. Fresh content always works (if it has some quality). It's not only a road to success in the gaming environment but with basically everything.

I don't really get the irritation, anger, frustration and other negative commenting when somebody questions the release of new content. I think it's not really needed when it's sure that something really nice is about to be released.
The rift hype goes hand in hand with the hype for the new and improved tracks and possible S3 content further down the line though. When westhill is released, the chances are that a lot of the rift hypees will stick around, seeing that the game is in active development.
How did Eric come up with those tracks?

..... sssssssssss... Ere.... Cough cough... Yeah let's put a corner.....HERE! No.... HERE!
Now where's my damned twinkies?
Quote from Eric :[...]I’ve been testing with the new tyre physics for a few years now and I refuse to drive the old one, which has just doesn’t have that visceral tyre feel and response compared to the new tyre physics.

I really hope you know what you did to me now, Sir.

-
(Bose321) DELETED by Scawen : wierd, irritating animated image spam
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, because I love LFS and you guys work, but I think everyone involved in GenR GT1 Challenge, currently having this round on Blackwood Rev, agree on this
Attached images
Untitled.png
Now that Parabolica has got a nice asphalt run off area, we need to resurface Aston's T1 too.
Flamesuit on: i always thought some LFS tracks shouldn't be reversed. :P
Eric why does it seem like Blackwood colours have been toned down? It seems like except perhaps Fern Bay, most of the trees' leaves are of a dark faded green. Comparing these two images from an early with a current LFS version makes it obvious. Does anyone else not like the vibrant colours of the early Blackwood? It made them look like spring season trees bathed in a gold solar light tonality, like the track had more vitality (that and tree animation). For me, it made it more enjoyable to drive there. The same for the grass. Are we ever going to see a less grim sentiment in the tracks?

http://imgur.com/hEpllwR,htAifOC#0
Hello i have a question, why are theire no way to make tracks on our own like in rfactor or assetto corsa. alot of lfs players have quited here and started theire cause of all the tracks and cars!
Because they don't allow you to.
LFS is still in development and not complete. The file formats are constantly changing and our plan is to get to a complete product before considering opening up the possibility of content created by other people. To start supporting user created content before we have even finished the product would make it harder to continue deveopment.
A wise person once said "You won't be able to appreciate things you desire until you learn to appreciate things you already have."

Guys, look at it this way... rather than getting worked up over what LFS should have, just appreciate it for what it is, a racing simulation game that's fun yet challenging.
Quote from Eric :
Btw, I didn’t build any of the worlds in Black & White. I was a character animator, which I still consider to be my main, natural talent if you can call it that.

I loved that game as a kid.

Maybe you don't have a natural talent for track design, but some of my fondest memories of sim racing come from the stuff you came up with.

How did Eric come up with those tracks?
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG