The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :Pff OK I wonder what system you actually have

Windows Key + R => type dxdiag and hit [enter]
use one of the buttons below saying store all details (alle gegevens opslaan)
attach the txt file to your next posting on this forum.

Or do you know yourself that you actually use and only use a HD4000? Laptop, desktop?

this is all the information
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 85.4 KB - 257 views
From that crash information I see that the crash is in the module igdumdim32.dll which is something to do with Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8.
http://www.processadvisory.com/library/igdumdim32-dll

Google returns several results for crashes in this module. I don't know more than that at this point.
You are using a laptop right?

Try this: open intel graphic control panel and change every single setting that sounds like optimal, balanced, anything that makes you think that drivers are deciding how to do the rendering. Switch all to max performance, or anything specific that doesn't sound vague. You can leave the "Application settings" as they are though (preferable).
Maybe you will have to restart after those changes just to be on the safe side, and even then this is a long shoot

This is all regarding the 3D app performance and power settings only. Color management and image scaling, resolution and other stuff you don't have to change. This cleared out most BSOD i was having on my laptop.
I have encountered similar problem on my laptop several times already, although not clean LFS, but some my stuff too (like saving screenshot of LFS on other Direct3D device). It work perfectly fine using regular PC (ATI).

Intel HD4000
Windows 7
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 53a30b6e
Fault Module Name: igdumd32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.15.10.1855
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a6f7c1f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0017d520
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1050
Additional Information 1: 4709
Additional Information 2: 4709938665fa84e3ff99c8cbe11223bb
Additional Information 3: 710f
Additional Information 4: 710fc537215186d2113af37ac1d885f4

I would update my drivers, but only this version seem to propertly switch Intel<->nVidia.
When switch to nVidia there is no crash.
But as it does not happen (didn't tested much on laptop) on clean LFS, forget it
Found plenty of crash reports inside igdumd32.dll on internet. link
Looks like buggy Intel drivers.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I would update my drivers, but only this version seem to propertly switch Intel<->nVidia.
When switch to nVidia there is no crash.
But as it does not happen (didn't tested much on laptop) on clean LFS, forget it
Found plenty of crash reports inside igdumd32.dll on internet. link
Looks like buggy Intel drivers.

Yup, there we go from the dxdiag log;
Name: AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series

Something goes wrong with switching from HD4000 to the second, external chip. No clue why this fails

It's a long shot but can you update your AMD driver as well?
http://www.dell.com/support/ho ... Code=EN&categoryId=VI
Download option is somewhere half down that page.

I read that this laptop gives other people headaches as well, actually the Internetz and especially Dell *cough* "support" is full of it ( https://www.google.com/search? ... p;safe=off&gws_rd=ssl ) .. Maybe your 7730 actually never worked with LFS 0.6E and the HD4000 was doing its job, who knows.
Did the update for my amd driver, lfs still doesnt work.. i think im going to reset my entire laptop and install it all again.. with win8 not 8.1.
I dont think i can do anything else.
You could maybe try running lfs.exe in compatibility mode.

Navigate to your LFS folder and right click lfs.exe, then choose properties.
Try running it in XP compatibility mode.

Might work, might not.
Worth a try before taking drastic action though
Quote from Danoon24 :Did the update for my amd driver, lfs still doesnt work.. i think im going to reset my entire laptop and install it all again.. with win8 not 8.1.
I dont think i can do anything else.

Get rid of Windows 8 entirely and stick with Windows 7.
W8 is a piece of crap and W9 will be out next year already and will be what W8 should have been.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Get rid of Windows 8 entirely and stick with Windows 7.
W8 is a piece of crap and W9 will be out next year already and will be what W8 should have been.

Why do people always blame a Windows version without having used it? Win8 is as good as 7 in everything, and much better in some.
Quote from Whiskey :Why do people always blame a Windows version without having used it? Win8 is as good as 7 in everything, and much better in some.

This. Windows 8 is a superior OS and just because you don't like the tiles (admit it, that's what it's all about) doesn't mean it's shit. I wouldn't want to go back to Windows 7 after using Windows 8. I'm pretty sure you will have the same problems under Windows 7 if you had exactly the same drivers across the machine since the drivers on Windows 7 and Windows 8 are usually the same.
Quote from Bose321 :I'm pretty sure you will have the same problems under Windows 7 if you had exactly the same drivers across the machine since the drivers on Windows 7 and Windows 8 are usually the same.

Except that they are... you know... not. Windows 8 features WDDM 1.2 as opposed to Win 7's WDDM 1.1 and the dxdiag report Danoon posted suggests that the drivers he has currently installed make use of WDDM 1.2. There is therefore a possibility that the drivers might work correctly on Win 7 because it's only something Win 8 specific that is broken.
Quote from MadCatX :...There is therefore a possibility that the drivers might work correctly on Win 7 because it's only something Win 8 specific that is broken.

But he said his brother's pc is exactly the same, and it runs LFS!
Quote from MadCatX :Except that they are... you know... not. Windows 8 features WDDM 1.2 as opposed to Win 7's WDDM 1.1 and the dxdiag report Danoon posted suggests that the drivers he has currently installed make use of WDDM 1.2. There is therefore a possibility that the drivers might work correctly on Win 7 because it's only something Win 8 specific that is broken.

That must be why...my PC...without specific WDDM 1.2 drivers say that I have 1.2. Just like my previous graphics cards told me I had DX11 while they were DX9 only.
Quote from Ripley :But he said his brother's pc is exactly the same, and it runs LFS!

It'd be helpful if they compared driver versions and installed updates on both machines. I've seen a laptop where I had to roll the audio drivers like five versions back to get the sound working...

Quote from Bose321 :That must be why...my PC...without specific WDDM 1.2 drivers say that I have 1.2. Just like my previous graphics cards told me I had DX11 while they were DX9 only.

And where exactly did you look? When I run dxdiag it reports the WDDM version and supported D3D API versions correctly. (WDDM 1.0 and 9Ex in my case). Driver that shows WDDM 1.2 support was obviously designed with Win 8 in mind.
Quote from Whiskey :Why do people always blame a Windows version without having used it?

Maybe read the links of my Google search query. It's full of complaints that something went wrong 8.0->8.1

Luckily the owner of the laptop did.
LFS works! Did a reset and now it works idk why bud im glad i can burn some rubber again
Good news!
Today I tried to update LFS on my laptop with Windows 8.1 running.

After downloading the update it couldn't extract the patch file. So I tried running LFS as administrator and it worked.

Just in case someone else still has got this problem.
Attached images
xcziw.png
Laptops usually come with a reinstall option, a bit extreme but if it works then that's great.

Isn't 8/.1 wonderful.........
Quote from Flame CZE :Today I tried to update LFS on my laptop with Windows 8.1 running.

After downloading the update it couldn't extract the patch file. So I tried running LFS as administrator and it worked.

Yeah, maybe a bit late, but I remember I got this error too while trying to update LFS to 0.6F using the automatic in-game updater. Running Windows 7 here, tho.
Quote from Flame CZE :Today I tried to update LFS on my laptop with Windows 8.1 running.

Or manually run it. Works fine.
Quote from Scawen :MS could very simply have included all those D3DX9_xx.dll files as standard... there isn't any valid reason why they didn't include those DLL files.

with all due respect and as much as i loathe coming to the defence of microsoft here, it does cost them money to support back versions of code on their platform. just like LFS doesn't play back old versions of replays (although it could) because this would add complexity and weight and because people have a workaround.

i do agree with you fully that it would have been a much better choice for microsoft to retain full backward compatibility with DX9 at least for a few more years. perhaps code lyoko is right and some people have no problems running their latest AAA DX9 title, but in my experience "some people might have x problem" is MS-speak for "yeah this doesn't work at all".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG