The online racing simulator
I run win8 64 bit and np here ....

But i think too remember there was a problem during testing on win8 machines. I had that problem too during testing.

Had too do with direct x I think i installed some older version, version 9. (but memory gets worse when you get older).

link for dl

http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=35
Quote from RC-Maus :I run win8 64 bit and np here ....

But i think too remember there was a problem during testing on win8 machines. I had that problem too during testing.

Had too do with direct x I think i installed some older version, version 9. (but memory gets worse when you get older).

link for dl

http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=35

thnx but when i try to install it it says i allready have a newer version, and it stops
Quote from Danoon24 :...never had any problems with lfs until 6F came out...

What did you update/change in your pc before 6F came out?

Since you and your bro have the same pc (and I believe you trust him), connect via Teamviewer (or similar) and work the differences out, like installed programs and such.

Me? I have XP!
Good luck.
Quote from Danoon24 :thnx but when i try to install it it says i allready have a newer version, and it stops

Yes I've had that problem also on a machine.

Can you try this? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

It's the full package and should install no matter if it detects DirectX libraries or not. You need to run that .exe, it will extract a lot of files to a map/directory (you will get a prompt) and after that go into this new map/directory and run dxsetup.exe

Quote from Ripley :What did you update/change in your pc before 6F came out?

Since you and your bro have the same pc (and I believe you trust him), connect via Teamviewer (or similar) and work the differences out, like installed programs and such.

Me? I have XP!
Good luck.

Well i didnt change anything, got a e-mail with info about the update, started lfs for the auto update and it didnt work. So i uninstalled lfs and tried to install it again. But now it doesnt work at all. I cant even start lfs.

Quote from cargame.nl :Yes I've had that problem also on a machine.

Can you try this? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

It's the full package and should install no matter if it detects DirectX libraries or not. You need to run that .exe, it will extract a lot of files to a map/directory (you will get a prompt) and after that go into this new map/directory and run dxsetup.exe

Thnx ill try it
Still doesnt work :banghead:
What exactly happens when you start LFS? Is there a message?

Also can you take a look in the deb.log file and see if there is any more info? It's a text file which you can open with notepad.
Scawen asked about if win 8 users needed to do anything to run dx9. answer: no. I have 8.1 64 bit though. Microsoft didn't make it harder in any way. Thats just Scawen's xp fanboyism that makes him believe that. I am going to reinstall my laptop anyway soon, so can try to do it with 8.0 as well.
Quote from Scawen :What exactly happens when you start LFS? Is there a message?

Also can you take a look in the deb.log file and see if there is any more info? It's a text file which you can open with notepad.

When i start lfs a little window pops up which says:
LFS.exe doesnt work

A problem occured that has caused the problem to stop working. The program is going to be closed and a message is displayed when a solution is available.

This is what's in the deb file

Jun 28 11:52:26 LFS : 0.6F
Jun 28 11:52:26 timer resolution 1 ms
Jun 28 11:52:26 read config
Jun 28 11:52:26 get command line
Jun 28 11:52:26 preinit d3d
Jun 28 11:52:27 number of adapters : 1
Jun 28 11:52:27 adapter 0 - valid modes : 102
Jun 28 11:52:27 load font
Jun 28 11:52:27 -----
Jun 28 11:52:27 max texture size 16384
Jun 28 11:52:27 can do shadows
Jun 28 11:52:27 can use 2x tex
Jun 28 11:52:27 can do multi tex
Jun 28 11:52:28 can use dynamic tex
Jun 28 11:52:28 can use compressed tex
Jun 28 11:52:28 create english file
Jun 28 11:52:28 load language
Jun 28 11:52:28 initialisations
Jun 28 11:52:28 human system
Jun 28 11:52:28 tables
Jun 28 11:52:28 helmet
Jun 28 11:52:28 controllers
Jun 28 11:52:28 load objects
Jun 28 11:52:28 default light map
Jun 28 11:52:28 start intro
Jun 28 11:52:28 end of initialisation
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Microsoft didn't make it harder in any way. Thats just Scawen's xp fanboyism that makes him believe that.

Why don't you read and see the problems that come up instead of being an idiot as usual? According to Microsoft's own website, you have to install things to run DX9. That is NOT helpful.

Quote from Danoon24 :When i start lfs a little window pops up which says:
LFS.exe doesnt work

A problem occured that has caused the problem to stop working. The program is going to be closed and a message is displayed when a solution is available.

OK, thanks. When this windows message comes up, is there an option to "see more information" or something like that? On older versions of windows you can see some more information and you get things like "crash address" or "exception offset" and "exception code". These things can sometimes lead me to the exact line where the crash occurred, so if you can get that info, it's possible it may lead me to the solution.
#36 - Davo
Didn't do anything special on Windows 8.1 x64 here either, it just worked from my previous install folder that I copied to C:\LFS.

I do run other games that require dx9 and probably installed the dx9 executables some time ago automagically with another game?
Quote from Scawen :

OK, thanks. When this windows message comes up, is there an option to "see more information" or something like that? On older versions of windows you can see some more information and you get things like "crash address" or "exception offset" and "exception code". These things can sometimes lead me to the exact line where the crash occurred, so if you can get that info, it's possible it may lead me to the solution.

I cant click on see more info but when i search in my computer i can see files named crash reports (AppCrash_LFS.exe_f628633daa52e47921e1e05e30a3bba2903ff19e_e58773b4_241c8b5c), they are .WER and i cant open them
Quote from Scawen :Why don't you read and see the problems that come up instead of being an idiot as usual? According to Microsoft's own website, you have to install things to run DX9. That is NOT helpful.

please link me.
OK, I found some instructions on how to get some more info in Windows Vista.
Maybe it's similar on Windows 8: http://blogs.technet.com/b/ary ... -error-reporting-wer.aspx

The general idea is:

Control Panel...
System and Maintenance...
Administrative Tools...
Event Viewer...
Windows Logs...
Application...

Then maybe you can see the fault offset (or crash address) and exception code, as seen in the example on that website.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :please link me.

Here you go, seeing as you think I am making this stuff up:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

You are the deluded one, who believes unfailingly in the actions of a desperate corporation which seeks growth at any cost, even including the deliberate disabling of features that would allow backward compatibility, as they have deluded themselves that will somehow help their sales.

Actually MS are making a mistake. The way to secure a long term future is not to deliberately disable features. Secure the loyalty of your customers by helping them and just trying to improve things. MS have have lost their way, become desperate and are now clutching at straws.
Quote from Scawen :Here you go, seeing as you think I am making this stuff up:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

You are the deluded one, who believes unfailingly in the actions of a desperate corporation which seeks growth at any cost, even including the deliberate disabling of features that would allow backward compatibility, as they have deluded themselves that will somehow help their sales.

Actually MS are making a mistake. The way to secure a long term future is not to deliberately disable features. Secure the loyalty of your customers by helping them and just trying to improve things. MS have have lost their way, become desperate and are now clutching at straws.

That is only if you have a problem. "If you install and then run an application or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message such as "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." "

this is just to fix that problem some people have.
Quote from Danoon24 :they are .WER and i cant open them

You can read it with notepad/kladblok .. Just drag the file into the window.

Or use this free small program; http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/appcrashview.zip

Quote from Scawen :
You are the deluded one, who believes

Please, he was 5 years old when XP got released. Some people need more time to get out of their teenage environment, I think he makes a good example of this phenomenon. Best to ignore.

Quote from CodeLyoko1 :this is just to fix that problem some people have.

All right... I don't want to argue with you, as I am working on some good things. We don't need to argue. I will have one last go to explain my viewpoint. I really hope you will read carefully what I say, with an open mind. I have had an open mind, remember I bought Windows 7, used it for some weeks before being forced to revert.

My real point is that MS could very simply have included all those D3DX9_xx.dll files as standard. They aren't big... in fact they are infinitessimally tiny compared with the massive bloatware that Windows is. So there isn't any valid reason why they didn't include those DLL files.

So my reasoning is they are trying to make it harder for people to run older software, to give developers like me an incentive to NOT use DX9, therefore forcing our customers to upgrade. I think it's a dirty trick.

My reasoning is supported by the fact that they removed the ability to use debug version of DX9 on an update of Windows 7 (removing abilities deliberately) which forces any developers who upgraded to Windows 7, to give up DX9. Once again, so that our customers are forced to hand over their money to MS.

It's not me being a fanboy. That is quite ridiculous. I'm 42 years old, have been a programmer for 31 years and I'm no fanboy to anyone or anything. I have been a supporter of Windows all these years. But this new strategy is bullying and I don't support it.
Quote from Scawen :OK, I found some instructions on how to get some more info in Windows Vista.
Maybe it's similar on Windows 8: http://blogs.technet.com/b/ary ... -error-reporting-wer.aspx

The general idea is:

Control Panel...
System and Maintenance...
Administrative Tools...
Event Viewer...
Windows Logs...
Application...

Then maybe you can see the fault offset (or crash address) and exception code, as seen in the example on that website.

Is this it? It's dutch so i dont know if its usefull for u.

Logboeknaam: Application
Bron: Application Error
Datum: 28-6-2014 17:40:23
Gebeurtenis-id:1000
Taakcategorie: (100)
Niveau: Fout
Trefwoorden: Klassiek
Gebruiker: n.v.t.
Computer: PCVANDANEL
Beschrijving:
Naam van toepassing met fout: LFS.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x53a30b6e
Naam van module met fout: igdumdim32.dll, versie: 10.18.10.3412, tijdstempel: 0x52e04932
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x0002e9a4
Id van proces met fout: 0x298c
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01cf92e744d23b81
Pad naar toepassing met fout: E:\LFS\LFS.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll
Rapport-id: 842d2c86-feda-11e3-bf01-84a6c8ccd719
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:
Gebeurtenis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-06-28T15:40:23.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>54867</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>PCVANDANEL</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>LFS.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>53a30b6e</Data>
<Data>igdumdim32.dll</Data>
<Data>10.18.10.3412</Data>
<Data>52e04932</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0002e9a4</Data>
<Data>298c</Data>
<Data>01cf92e744d23b81</Data>
<Data>E:\LFS\LFS.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll</Data>
<Data>842d2c86-feda-11e3-bf01-84a6c8ccd719</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Quote from cargame.nl :You can read it with notepad/kladblok .. Just drag the file into the window.

Or use this free small program; http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/appcrashview.zip

Process File: LFS.exe
Event Name: Werkt niet meer (Doesnt work anymore)
Event Time 28-6-2014 00:10:53
User name: (my real name)
Exception Code: -
Exception Offset: -
Fault Module Name: -
Fault Module Version: -
Process Path: E:LFS/LFS.exe
Report File Size: 8.826
Report File Path: C:Users/Danel/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/WER/ReportArchive/AppCrash_LFS.exef628633...
igdumdim32.dll is part of the Intel video drivers.

Can you try a newer (or older) version ?
Quote from Scawen :All right... I don't want to argue with you, as I am working on some good things. We don't need to argue. I will have one last go to explain my viewpoint. I really hope you will read carefully what I say, with an open mind. I have had an open mind, remember I bought Windows 7, used it for some weeks before being forced to revert.

My real point is that MS could very simply have included all those D3DX9_xx.dll files as standard. They aren't big... in fact they are infinitessimally tiny compared with the massive bloatware that Windows is. So there isn't any valid reason why they didn't include those DLL files.

So my reasoning is they are trying to make it harder for people to run older software, to give developers like me an incentive to NOT use DX9, therefore forcing our customers to upgrade. I think it's a dirty trick.

My reasoning is supported by the fact that they removed the ability to use debug version of DX9 on an update of Windows 7 (removing abilities deliberately) which forces any developers who upgraded to Windows 7, to give up DX9. Once again, so that our customers are forced to hand over their money to MS.

It's not me being a fanboy. That is quite ridiculous. I'm 42 years old, have been a programmer for 31 years and I'm no fanboy to anyone or anything. I have been a supporter of Windows all these years. But this new strategy is bullying and I don't support it.

Now that I looked at the actual advantages of the new dx version I get it. I thought that an almost 43 year old complaining about new stuff was the same as my grand pa saying "back in the day everything was better". But ye, now that I look at the windows prices, MS being a money stealer again. I just noticed hawken also runs dx9. which is fairly new.

my apolagies
Pff OK I wonder what system you actually have

Windows Key + R => type dxdiag and hit [enter]
use one of the buttons below saying store all details (alle gegevens opslaan)
attach the txt file to your next posting on this forum.

Or do you know yourself that you actually use and only use a HD4000? Laptop, desktop?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG