The online racing simulator
Renamed: Windows 8 problems with version F
EDIT: Installation is no longer the problem. Please go down to post #11: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1859949#post1859949

Hello,

I have some problems with updating the latest LFS Version. I downloaded everything I need but cant extract the files..
How can i fix this?

Thnx
Does it say an error message when you try to extract it?

Are you extracting it into your LFS folder?
Yes.. when lfs says its going to restart I get that error message..
I'm not extracting it by myself. Lfs does it automatically.
and im doing it with the auto updater..
Hmm, just guessing, isn't your LFS folder in Program Files folder?
Uhmm does it have to be in Program files (x86) or just program files?
Well, it is generally not recommended to be in either Program Files or Program files (x86), because sometimes the system can deny writing access to that folder, therefore possibly not extracting the archive.

So if you have it in either of those folders, try moving/copying it somewhere else (e.g. C:/LFS) and run the auto update again.
Oke it was on an external hard disk. ill try moving it to C.
Just replace everything i have in my lfs folder to C?
Couldnt find out how it works.. deleted everything and downloaded lfs again.

Still thanks for trying to help me
Alright, but it would be interesting to know what the cause of the problem was. Never mind then...
My LFS folder (d:\programs\lfs) is not in a protected folder, I still had to run LFS as admin for the update to work.
Wow.. just reinstalled it all and now im getting a message wich says LFS.exe doesnt work at all must be win8 i gues? haha
Quote from Danoon24 :Wow.. just reinstalled it all and now im getting a message wich says LFS.exe doesnt work at all must be win8 i gues? haha

could be

Install LFS into Drive:\LFS\ is what I always do. See if that works
Quote from cmanns :could be

Install LFS into Drive:\LFS\ is what I always do. See if that works

Hmm i cant find Drive maybe its called something else on my pc because im dutch. I allready tried to install it on :C and :E but nothing works. I keep getting the message lfs doesnt work.
Quote from Danoon24 :Wow.. just reinstalled it all and now im getting a message wich says LFS.exe doesnt work at all must be win8 i gues? haha

just the same thing happens to me..... 0.6E works fine, but when I autoupdate, or manually update, LFS crashes..... me too have win8.... im back to 0.6E.... ;(
I also tried to uninstall directx 11 which i have on my system, but the problem that directx 11 is preinstalled with windows 8.... so i cant install direct x 9, cos it gives me message that newer version of direct x is already installed.....
idk why but i think its win8.. my brother has the same problem also on win8..
Could it be such an issue?
https://superuser.com/question ... nblock-all-the-files-in-a

In this case, the quick and dirty solution is to move (not copy) the file to a non-NTFS drive (a USB key is perfectly suited), then moving it back to the original HD.
I have Windows 8 and works perfectly for me. When LFS does update automatically, it doesn't work, but you have the LFS 0.6E to LFS 0.6F exe file in your LFS installation folder, so just run it manually. Worked for me.
Quote from viraaj5555 :Try downloading this --> http://www.lfs.net/dx9
Maybe it'll help you.

I allready have it installed on my computer, never had any problems with lfs until 6F came out.

I dont have a problem updating lfs anymore because i reinstalled it.. new problem is that lfs doesnt work at all
Quote from cargame.nl :With what error message.. Detailed report?

LFS.exe werkt niet meer

Er is een probleem opgetreden waardoor het programma niet goed meer werkt. Het programma wordt gesloten en er wordt een melding weergegeven als een oplossing beschikbaar is.

I hope you can help me..
I have no experience with Windows 8 and I like to keep it that way but if there is not more crash information, only this, then it gets difficult.
-
(viraaj5555) DELETED by viraaj5555
Quote from cargame.nl :I have no experience with Windows 8 and I like to keep it that way but if there is not more crash information, only this, then it gets difficult.

Hmm i gues no more lfs for me

Quote from viraaj5555 :I guess this problem can be solved.PM me when you are available on teamviewer if you can.

Cant explain what i should do? I dont really like it when someone i dont know irl is going to do things on my pc
Oke I tried something else, installed it on my external hd. Didnt work on my pc. Plugged my external hd in my brothers pc and it did work. We have exactly the same computer..

How is this possible? Do i miss something on my computer?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG