The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :some work needs to be done on heat, pressure, friction, tyre load sensitivity and wear which are all closely linked.

thank you for holding this release until you are all satisfied about the quality. LFS stands out as one of the sexiest, most satisfying software experiences on the market.

+1 for Becky's informational posts... good stuff to know for planning long-term strategies with a view to dynamic track environment. thankfully the graphics engine can be worked on completely separately with no impact to the user base.

+2 for access roads being driveable. from my point of view, a major gift from people who stay in touch with what's going on in the community.
Quote from Scawen :Dear LFS Racers,

Today we release an new update of Live for Speed with 3D support and announce another version that is coming soon with a much improved Westhill track.

Too little, too late. Sorry.
Quote from Jesse Kyytinen :This track

the attached picture in this post look like there are not many small parts of connecting roads needed to form a really big driveable area.
it would be great if that could happen to get a big environment for setting a whole lot of different courses with barriers and cones.

peace, mo
Thanks for the update!

And I think it would be helpful if Scawen could get some assistance in 3D engine overhaul, it seems that we are not going to see major improvements using the current engine. Maybe take the offer of help a few posts earlier and strike a deal? I know, it sounds easy
Quote from Scawen :Ah... I thought you meant the shutter glasses.

Anaglyph 3d (different eye colours) I have not looked into, though it might be a good thing to support. I don't know how difficult it is to do.

[ EDIT : it looks reasonably easy - render each eye's view to an off screen render target (similar to the first step of Oculus Rift rendering). Then copy left eye's red channel onto the backbuffer and the right eye's green and blue channels additively to that, then present to the screen ]

[ EDIT 2 : ordered some cheap red / cyan anaglyph glasses, 4 for £1 can't be too bad, will probably try an LFS render at some point. Though I'm not sure I'd want to wear red / green glasses for too long... ]

You may already know or it will probably will come up in your research, but just in case:

The red and cyan lenses have different focal lengths which are not compensated for with plain paper style anaglyph glasses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A ... asses_for_red-cyan_method
I hope this part of Westhill will be in new version also and also it shouldn't drop car down because it's really nice rally stage.
Attached images
lfs_00003675.jpg
Quote from Stölzel :The Westhill Update comes next Week? I understand this right?

We have waited 5yrs for this...a few more weeks won't kill anybody

Fordie
Anyone else getting a 'TIMER BOUNDED' error + Really bad lag after installing the new update? me & a few others seem to be getting the same. & occasionally freezes then crashes?

Before you ask yes, my computer is fine but, this has only been happening since installing the new update
My best guess so far
(most of it worked out yesterday, but I just spotted something extra in one of the screens a few mins ago)

Colour code:
Black - Original
Red - New, with good views from the screens. I'm pretty sure I'm close
Blue - Wild guess, I haven't spotted any decent clues yet. Not sure where else National would go though
Yellow - I'm pretty sure this has been re-profiled a little, but I haven't attempted to work it out yet.

(sorry for the garish colours )
Attached images
Westhillv2cs_d.png
Are you really that bored?
I'll appreciate the old school way - while driving it!
Drawing phallic symbols is a symptom of something, no?

Seeing it is a symptom as well I guess WOPS
Nice drawings guys, appreciate the work
Quote from Flotch :Nice drawings guys, appreciate the work

+1

I may not say much, but I follow with intereset
Allow i, the average joe drift guy to put my low brow mouth in this discussion.

Firstly i'd like to say that LFS being pretty shader wise would be nice but after spending a few years driving the same courses (Yes, mostly in an XRT), course changes and new courses are a much more palatable objective right now.
i appreciate the westhill update and look forward to the release of S3.

Secondly i'm not fussed on cars right now, I do look forward to S3 having new cars, but being the type of guy who drives an XRT every time he hops on, i can't really complain so i'll leave that there.

Thirdly, a track builder would be nice, but as previously mentioned, tracks created in such a program would need to go through some kind of testing/judging/filtering system, i mean come on, look at rFactor, 80% of the tracks made for that are absolutely terrible, to the point where you scroll and scroll to find something decent just to realise it sucks.

Fourthly, i will be very dissapointed if any cars get major remodelling and skins don't fit, some of that shit's historic.

/pretentious off.
Quote from Drift1r :...look at rFactor, 80% of the tracks made for that are absolutely terrible, to the point where you scroll and scroll to find something decent just to realise it sucks.

AC has the same problem, there is already ~50+ mod trakcs, but only 5 of them can be called decent, still better then nothing
Quote from Eclipsed :Are you really that bored?

Comon, thats exactly what I love about this community, we get some screenshots and a day later people are creating maps/speculating about the exact layout layout changes, noticing and analyzing every tiny thing from those screens.

You should've seen what was going on here when we suddenly had this posted back in the day.
Quote from troy :You should've seen what was going on here when we suddenly had this posted back in the day.

Ah, the BF1 hype days. Good times.
Quote from troy :Comon, thats exactly what I love about this community, we get some screenshots and a day later people are creating maps/speculating about the exact layout layout changes, noticing and analyzing every tiny thing from those screens.

You should've seen what was going on here when we suddenly had this posted back in the day.

You mean this : https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6400

2100 posts in 6 days
Quote from troy :Comon, thats exactly what I love about this community, we get some screenshots and a day later people are creating maps/speculating about the exact layout layout changes, noticing and analyzing every tiny thing from those screens.

Awesome !

It feels like that day, just accentuated by quite a bit.

New Version 0.6F and Progress Report
(453 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG