The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :If you don't wanna read someone talking about the BBC on a threat about the BBC's biggest show why don't you go elsewhere? Leave.

If you don't want to pay a licence fee to fund the BBC why don't you go elsewhere? Leave.
Dawdust_12 are you blind to the point I was making? i was highlighting your own hypocrisy.
Quote from Intrepid :Dawdust_12 are you blind to the point I was making? i was highlighting your own hypocrisy.

Maybe you should have sharpened that point to be not so dull.
I'm 27 years old, and I never knew that "Eenie Meenie Minie Mo" had a racist version. I was taught that the rhyme was "catch a Tiger by its toe". So I can see why a posh old dinosaur would repeat the version he's probably heard his whole life, and not immediately come up with a cleaner version.

This is obviously a story leaked by someone that wants to screw over Clarkson, and sell some papers at the same time. The clip wasn't broadcast, and Clarkson corrected his own mistake way before the papers got hold of the clip.
To quote a friend of mine
"Clarkson uses the 'N' word (in an old nursery rhyme) and all the red tops and Leftards jump on the bandwagon calling for the BBC to sack him. A rap artist uses it in a 'song' along with glamourising drugs, gun crime and wife beating and it's called musical expression!
I'm not saying he's right but a bit of perspective may be needed here! To quote his colleague 'he's a bellend, but not a racist'"
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm 27 years old, and I never knew that "Eenie Meenie Minie Mo" had a racist version. I was taught that the rhyme was "catch a Tiger by its toe". So I can see why a posh old dinosaur would repeat the version he's probably heard his whole life, and not immediately come up with a cleaner version.

This is obviously a story leaked by someone that wants to screw over Clarkson, and sell some papers at the same time. The clip wasn't broadcast, and Clarkson corrected his own mistake way before the papers got hold of the clip.

I am not sure how you avoided the racist version, I am the same age and I've always known that version.

yes, it does sound like someone screwed him over (and I am sympathetic with that) but maybe they were fed up with the fact they could get away with Pikey's Peak or the 'slope' on the bridge and all the other stuff.

But anyone with even half a brain cell knows that even mumbling n*gger while you're being filmed, regardless of whether it makes the final edit, is monumentally stupid.

And regarding the "if they use it why can't I?" argument Tristan highlighted there... really? Are we really in a working's men club circa 1992?
Quote from tristancliffe :A rap artist uses it in a 'song' along with glamourising drugs, gun crime and wife beating and it's called musical expression!

That's the second time I've heard this argument today; not sure where it's coming from. Rappers (generally) use the "****" variant, which is loosely equivalent to "friend" (it's generally interchangeable with terms like "homie" and "brother"). It's (generally) used as the total opposite of the 'racist' usage of the term "ni**er" (as a pejorative, racial slur etc).
No amp88, if THEY use it with each OTHER... you know.... 'them', why can't I use it ?
First of all, I knew the "piggy" version which makes more sense.....I mean come on, a Tiger roars not squeals.

Secondly this was a non broadcasted edit withdrawn from the final edit by Clarkson himself. It was never intended, or used, for public transmission because the mumbling sounded as if the n word was used (full disclosure, I have only listened to it in a busy office and struggled to hear it fully)

Thirdly, this broke on the website of one of the tabloid papers, who along with the other red-tops have been hammered by the phone tapping enquiry, an enquiry which btw Clarkson was heavily in favour for and campaigned for. Now I'm not possibly suggesting that the Mirror are gunning for Clarkson....nope not me....would never entertain the idea at all......well maybe slightly then.

I'm not particularly found of Clarkson. I think he's a right wing, Tory poster boy, utter Bellend. But not for a second do I think he's a racist. The mumbling of the word was obviously part of a script to try and generate some humour from that line, personally I don't find that funny but then humour is subjective depending upon the individual.....people find different things funny...but in no way should there be a sacking over this.
Seriously...people and racism...if my gandad does not like people that are a different colour to him then clearly that is his choice...no?
Sure, if my grandad builds an army against people that are a different colour then I am going to say..."hang on...they are just people...you may think that white men can not dance and black men can run fast...but this is not true...think again grandad".
If anyone wants to claim that they are lead by the opinion of JC...(lol)...then carry on...
Quote from Intrepid :I am not sure how you avoided the racist version, I am the same age and I've always known that version.

I'm 43. I've never heard the racist version, or the expression "slope" either for that matter before the TG controversy, and i've worked with guys that would make navvies blush.
Quote from The Moose :I'm 43. I've never heard the racist version either, or the expression "slope" either for that matter before the TG controversy.

44...and never knew either could be termed as racist..ah well times move on...

Edit....damn...now that is going to sound ageist....phew...is hard not to say something without offending someone these days....
We always used to say "tigger".
I get why the knives come out as soon as Clarkson does something controversial, there are lots of people that simply hate him.
Everyone says eenie meenie miney moe, though, if they're doing one of those choosing at random rhymes. Either that or Ip-Dip, Ibble Obble etc etc, but really it's eenie meenie, and it doesn't mean that it's a version of a racist rhyme every time.

Clarkson never even said "Catch" clearly. It's just mumbles with a hint of an "N" at the "N-word". No court would convict him, but the bandwagon gets loaded up pretty quickly. I think Clarkson is insensitive, and not very "P.C" ("it's political correctness gone mad, Stu!") but I think he did the right thing there after the event.
Quote from sinbad :...but I think he did the right thing there after the event.

Yes...I would imagine he had some advice..
I still do not understand why anyone cares if someone is a racist or makes a racist comment or is heard to say a word that is deemed to be racist....

Quite frankly...who cares?.. We could name many people who have found popularity with colour/class/origin distinctions and many more making fun of those distinctions...

Someone with a big nose..has a big nose....if tall then tall..etc...oh if I say he is a honky then that is not correct?
some people here living under a bridge, Im 23 and I knew the Racist version of ennie minnie miny moe since I was a kid, so does everyone i know.

PC has gone mad and anyone who supports it has clearly got there head in Social Sand.
dunno why is this even an issue,it wasnt aired anyway.and so what if some1 is racist? When i get called a cracker thats ok? Personally i am racist,but not coz of skin color.. its a different story
Quote from e2mustang :dunno why is this even an issue,it wasnt aired anyway.and so what if some1 is racist? When i get called a cracker thats ok? Personally i am racist,but not coz of skin color.. its a different story

You grew up in the Nothern East part of Hungary, that's all of the story.
Quote from e2mustang :When i get called a cracker thats ok?

No, it's not okay, but it also doesn't have the same history of centuries of oppression behind it that other slurs do. Likewise, someone calling you a slur doesn't make it okay for you to call them one.
I always knew the ****** version. Not at anytime in my whole life did I view it as racist. Did I think of it as racist against blacks? No. We were brought up on a simple nursery rhyme and the ****** part meant absolutely nothing to me. It is exactly the same as the golliwog, to me when i was a child it was simply a black doll. The racism which might have been part of the original term, were completely lost on my generation. My generation are the ones bringing up the new generation and in no way would the top gear comments affect them.

I personally think it is a witchhunt, by politically correct people who don't care about real racism.

I get called a sheep shagging leak eating .... Every day. Do I take offence...nope. The same people are my best friends, so they are racist? If so, I am racist against anyone who is not from my home town. And so is every person I have ever met.
Quote from Kristi :You grew up in the Nothern East part of Hungary, that's all of the story.

Than i moved to america close to brooklyn,now im in london.now its a full story
#323 - CSF
Quote from jasonmatthews :

I get called a sheep shagging leak eating .... Every day. Do I take offence...nope. The same people are my best friends, so they are racist? If so, I am racist against anyone who is not from my home town. And so is every person I have ever met.

No they just know your preferences too well.

*insert rimshot*
At least he doesn't wear a dress mate.
#325 - CSF
ffft ginge. that ends that.

Top Gear Discussions [Spoilers and fun inside]
(568 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG