The online racing simulator
New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
Nerd^3 is one of my favourite people on the whole internet
I would love to play that new Flatout. I have played crap out of the FO1 and FO2 on PS2.

Problem is that They are going to make it for PC first and then, if people like it, on next gen console. And i dont have next gen console. Only crappy PC!
Quote from jamesc :Is it possible to finish first on the gravel course? I'm unable to do it in the muscle car. ( with 24 cars )

I managed it once on the keyboard (then couldn't do any higher than ~11th on KB) and I ran about 4 races with my wheel, won the third one.

A lot of it comes down to luck; not getting punted off in the first lap helps.
Having played the "actual" game now rather than just the tech demos, I think the potential of the engine is being wasted in just plain racing, atleast in the current state.

Since the game is obviously more arcade than sim, it would have been much more fun if the mechanics had been more Twisted Metal/Vigilante 8-like with silly powerups and weapons and such. That would have made it possible to have so much more fun with the destruction engine, blowing up buildings in front of you and driving through them etc.

Plain Flatout like racing just seems like... a horrible waste, knowing what the game engine is really capable of. Oh well, I've gotten my moneys worth just screwing around in the tech demos.
Quote from Matrixi :Having played the "actual" game now rather than just the tech demos, I think the potential of the engine is being wasted in just plain racing, atleast in the current state.

Since the game is obviously more arcade than sim, it would have been much more fun if the mechanics had been more Twisted Metal/Vigilante 8-like with silly powerups and weapons and such. That would have made it possible to have so much more fun with the destruction engine, blowing up buildings in front of you and driving through them etc.

Plain Flatout like racing just seems like... a horrible waste, knowing what the game engine is really capable of. Oh well, I've gotten my moneys worth just screwing around in the tech demos.

It's amusing that you'd say that as fun as that would be, the backlash from people going "that's not Flatout" would be ridiculous. That said, they do have all the power in the world to add ridiculous game modes like that and I think it would be beneficial. Going into T1 behind 4 cars, throw out a "blackhole" power up, and pass them as they've been reduced into a singularity.

Sounds ridiculous and awesome.
is nürburgring nordschleife included?
Quote from Xone :is nürburgring nordschleife included?

If Scavier says they can.
Quote from Xone :is nürburgring nordschleife included?

I like the way the game is now, but I would not have anything against some fun game modes
About powerups and such, for that wait til the new Carmageddon game is out
Quote from Matrixi :Having played the "actual" game now rather than just the tech demos, I think the potential of the engine is being wasted in just plain racing, atleast in the current state.

And then it wouldnt be a Flatout anymore. No one wants a Flatout to be like that.
Flatout was known for silly side games, I would be very surprised if this new one doesn't include a lot of those.
now on steam
nice to see, now they start to earn even more.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Flatout was known for silly side games, I would be very surprised if this new one doesn't include a lot of those.

Oh yes. Ragdoll sports anyone?
So a short update:
Game whent on steam, sold for like 1million the first weekend, and recently got a patch with a extra track/car + other improvements.

http://youtu.be/E-rHoxLbKEo

Edit: Trying to get youtube link working lol...
Edit 2: **** this forum, other forums have a simple paste-youtube-link-here-and-it-will-veiw-as-immage-on-the-forum ... can't get it working here tho
Quote from JackDaMaster :The new figure 8 track is insane

Before
After

I do hope they somehow manage to get 24 player multiplayer. Immagine that!? It would be above 9000 in awesomeness!
I really like the rally pack in this game.
One simply not rallypack god damnit!!
Can't look atm...

How much is it on steam?
23.99 on steam. If you want extra goodies buy it directly from their homepage (higher costs).

New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG