The online racing simulator
New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
Tech demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmM3E8OAdXY

Game runs fine here, 60 FPS at 2560x1600 with everything maxed. Sometimes when there's lots of crashes in the same place it dips a bit, but other than that it's fine.
As you say, the only time I ever get any slowdown (60 FPS or less), is when 3-4 cars enter the grinder at same time lol...

It's great optimized allready in it's very, very, VERY early build!
meh.......preordered.
downloading preview atm
bought the 1000 dollars version, out of boredom.
Wow it runs really well and those smashables are awesome. It's like Beam but not up its own arse and actually fun
The only thing I'm disliking on this game, is that the crashes, physics and stuff, reacts like the car has rigid body, but the mesh bends, it feels a bit weird...

And by the way, does the damage has any effect on the physics? I mean, the car is so damaged that it's 1/3 the original size, but looking at the videos, it seems to drive like it was rigid and with no damage...

Oh, and also the camera shaking on any minimum crash is a bit annoying too :$
Actually mechanical damage is kept to a minimum in the tech demo, thats why you can drive around with a heap of metall which still turns and so on

Btw, quote this great post from the devs:

Quote :Well, more cars was one thing that you guys were asking, wasn't it?

Unless something major comes up, we will keep the 24 cars for the full game at least for offline play. We have been already testing track races and derbies with the full grid of 24 cars, and thanks to our efficient tech, the performance hit is surprisingly minor. The chief problem is that, as you can imagine, the tracks get extremely crowded since most of them have been designed for a lesser amount of cars, so the going gets quickly very rough. But of course that's something that can be worked around, so it's not really going to pose a problem.

Online is something that we cannot confirm yet.

The tech demo is awesome. runs silky smooth on maxed out settings (2 year ld i7, 4 gigs of ram, GeForce 460 GTX)
New sneak preview available and even more fun!
Physics cannon can be switched to fire different things (black-hole type gravitational ball things get messy really quickly ) and it can be fired from free-cam mode too.
Haha, so much craziness in that little thing
Take a look on the trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wlobFMBm3M

It's good for a laugh, and shows that this game actually does have some physics (not sure if realistic, but fun!)
I played it for a little bit, and while it was cool, I still stick with my previous thought. It seems like too much of the car falls off, or too many small pieces that would not normally come off a car crash do.

But as for demo derby, it's fun I guess.
It is not realistic, but fun / eyecandy
I love these kind of games

Just pre ordered it for some support...
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
Alpha is out
Check your emails for codes (if you allready have preordered).

What to say about it: WOW! The graphics are really nice, 24 cars, great optimization, physics feels like a perfect mix between arcade and simulator and so on. There are ofc. a lot of stuff to fix too, but since it's barely alpha I canot complain on things like that.

Try it out!
Tried it, great graphics and performance.

Not great fun with a steering wheel though, stick to game pad or kb.
Same experience as you, keyboard game for me
works better with a wheel for me...but i dont have a 900 deg wheel anyway
Feels great with a 360 controller.

Nicely optimized though. Seems to run quite well even with tonnes of crap going on.
So why the angry face?
Is it possible to finish first on the gravel course? I'm unable to do it in the muscle car. ( with 24 cars )
Try changing engine In car selction screne, press the tool button marked as a return sign, or the very left icon in the bar. You can also change to gravvel tyres there.

Will try to win without doing this tho.
I didn't know you could change the car options, might have to try that later today.

Here's a video of me first and only win, using bumper cam in the muscle car.

http://youtu.be/62Niip3g6Wk

The game looks much better than that video, youtube ruined the quality of my video even on 1080p.

New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG