The online racing simulator
New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
I buy PreOrder! I will go
WEEKEND SMASHER!

FULL-TIME WRECKER or Weekend Smasher? which?

im sure enough a game be Weekend Smasher.
I'm a clean driver
I know :/ Come on you cheap ****s, back up this great game
I dont have credit card
Get one, or get your parrents to buy it
Sad to say, but this kickstarter idea wasn't very well thought out. I think most of the people who would have pledged have already pre-ordered directly from the devs and they're not going to pay twice. Doing the kickstarter AFTER opening the direct pre-orders always has this effect.

Also given their fairly high goal, they should be pushing new screenshots, videos and dev diaries every week, otherwise they have no hope in hell of reaching that goal.

Then again, they've stated that the game WILL be made no matter what, so I guess this would just be an extra boost for the development costs.
I agree with you. Good thing the game will be made, and I don't think they will have problems selling it. There is a marked for this types of games.

As you say, completely new in-game footage would be a blast, and I'm sure it would help the game a lot.
They stated that they will release a sneak preview once the campaign ends for all backers. Does anyone know if that preview will be available for pre-orders too?
Wouldn't mind a preorder of this. Loved flat out. I have an old demo of one of them on my crappy lappy for school lol.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Bugbear have put an old, playable prototype for download on their kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/pro ... -attitude?ref=project_bar

Gameplay video says it's from 2002, can't remember if that's before or after the original FlatOut.

Edit: It's a prototype from before the original FlatOut. Not sure why the VW Beetle style car didn't make it into the game. I'm having an issue with there being no sound though... The launcher says "Audio Provider: No sound" :/

Judging by the numbers on the side rear windows they went first for the finnish "folkrace" approach on vehicles, but after that they decided it wouldn't have been fitting and then went on to change the cars a bit... Would explain also why the beetle was removed(most likely the most common folkrace car)
It's not looking good so far
They will release it sometime anyways. Bear in mind that they already got some money through the pre orders.
Me likes!
Is the AI weightless or something or is it just the camera?
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic / spam
So the campaign failed, but fear not! The developers march on and have desided to release a tech demo! Buy the game and get it from their homepage, nextcargame.com !

A lot of work needs to be done, but for an early prototype as this Im mighty surprised (positive way)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2VSLTbQwO0
Not surprising sadly, I mean their stretch goal was at 1,5mil... sheer insanity. Oh well, I guess this was a good reality check. The tech demo itself looks pretty damn awesome, thats the kind of stuff they would have needed to show in the beginning of the kickstarter.
I already preordered with the extra car. It's going to be awesome!

I have been waiting for this for such a long time!
Interesting, though, that I only came to know of this game 1 hour before they cancelled their kickstarter.

Edit: WOW.

Lol
Yeah it's great! The way the vehicles feels is superb! It's arcade of course, but still the car feels realistic enough to enjoy it :]

As you I did a high pledge to get some goodies, did the team member pledge for some extra car, paintjob and other stuff ^^
Tech demo does feel fantastic, even for a HC sim racer. Will try to make a quick video from it, this game needs more publicity.
Please do
As you say, it just is very much enjoyable driving in the game. It's a fine mix between sim / arcade.
Other than me gettting like 20 fps (I was a retard and jacked everything up to max).. the tech demo is very spectacular. Dealing with so much debris and crashing through the tyres and concrete posts is awesome looking. Gave me a headache though with the high contrast + motion blur.

Look forward to whatever comes of tech demo

New FlatOut game "Next Car Game"
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG